PDA

View Full Version : Beating Chupon

Flashback007
08-23-2004, 04:41 PM
How is it possible to beat Chupon in the Colluseum, he keeps Sneezing me away :(. I don't like him, I want to beat him

Flying Mullet
08-23-2004, 04:49 PM
You're not supposed to beat him.

Chupon is meant to be there for "insignificant" wagers, such as potions and weak equipment.

Yes, it's true that if luck is on your side that you could beat him on the rare occasion, but in general you can't beat him.

Ultima Shadow
08-23-2004, 09:03 PM
This is by far the most annoying battle in the game! When I beated him, I did it with Setzers 80,000 dammage combo. If you try something else, then prepare for the worst, this battle will drive you insane!!!

Martyr
08-23-2004, 09:14 PM
I equipped the blonde, android chick (Whatever her name is) with the Xcal and Ragnarok (Or some such powerful weapons. Genji Glove and X-Attack, level 55. The battle started, Chupon Sneezed, and I called it quits.

m4tt
08-23-2004, 09:40 PM
I didn't know there was an Android chick in FFVI. o_O

I think if you give a fast character an offering/gengi glove relic combo and two really powerful weapons they might be able to beat chupon. You just have to hope they attack right off the bat instead of casting ice1.

Strider
08-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Yeah, you fight Chupon every time you wager a smallish item at the Colosseum. All you get for beating him is an Elixir, anyway, which isn't really worth the effort.

Triple T
08-23-2004, 11:31 PM
I didn't know there was an Android chick in FFVI.

Maybe he's talking about Celes? She was created, like an adroid.

Anyway, I never beat him. The closest I got to was X-Zone, but it missed. And Sneeze was my reward. :rolleyes2

Doomgaze
08-23-2004, 11:49 PM
No, she wasn't "created"

She was given the magitek infusion at a young age, yes, but she was a completely natural human.

Strider
08-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Unless he's talking about Terra in her Esper form. I guess that's kinda android-ish...

TheAbominatrix
08-24-2004, 12:47 AM
But Terra isnt blonde in either form.

Strider
08-24-2004, 12:55 AM
I thought I heard somewhere (likely from Kishi) that in the Japanese version and the Amano paintings that Terra was a blonde, but that they changed it in the U.S. version to make her stand out.

Or something like that.

TheAbominatrix
08-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Almost all Amano characters are blonde. Tifa from VII is as well. As is Reina from V. The sprite has always been green haired though.

-N-
08-24-2004, 06:27 AM
Tifa's hair looks brown to me... :confused: And Reina = Lenna's was red?

TheAbominatrix
08-24-2004, 07:41 AM
In the Amano art. Not in the game. In the Amano concept art, Tifa's hair is blonde. In the game and the Nomura art it's brown. Amano does almost all his characters as blondes.

Martyr
08-25-2004, 01:52 AM
Glad my comment started up such a FFVI Intellectual conversation, but the truth is that I simply described Celes improperly. Maybe...
She isn't an android? I always thought that she was. I thought I recalled her telling Locke some story about her being not all human. Being infused with espers isn't the same. I thought that she was built. Like, I think she's a motherless bastard child of Gestahl and Kefka. And General Leo.

But all the outside sources that I'm checking as I post this seem to tell me I'm wrong. Maybe she is simply infused with sper power. Just a female Kefka. Pity.
I'd like to see Chupon on the team. Just sneeze away Kefka at the end. Sneeze away Atma. Sneeze away the entire floating island. That pink punk needs some flonase, man.

TheAbominatrix
08-25-2004, 01:58 AM
Yes, she's just a female Kefka, to put it simply. She mentions being 'augmented', in Zozo, but she's just refering to the infusion of Magitek. She probably had a family at one time, maybe she was taken from an Imperial couple, or maybe she was a war orphan... but she's completly human, just a Magitek infused one like a lot of Imperial soldiers.

-N-
08-25-2004, 07:13 PM
You can consistently defeat Chupon with General Leo's Shock ability. It instant-kills him. :D

shigogouhou
08-27-2004, 01:16 AM
You might also get lucky (like I did) and have Edgar cast Stop.
That's the only time I defeated him (although I did have the Atma Weapon/Blizzard Genji Glove combo)