PDA

View Full Version : FF on a disk

Flashback007
08-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Is it possible to download a FF-game, an early one, and put it on a disk??? I need to know, cause I have a very old computer (windows 95) for myself, and I would like a FFgame there. So if it's possible, were do you download these??

Del Murder
09-02-2004, 04:36 AM
You could probably get a ROM for the old NES games, and maybe even the SNES ones, on a disk, but I'm not sure the emulator required to run it would fit on one of those. To find it just do a search. We also might have the old ROMs and an emulator or two on the Eyesonff main page.

Jolts
09-02-2004, 10:18 AM
That's why I finally forked over $80 for a CD-Burner (well, DVD-R+CD-RW combo). Now all I need to do is find a place that sells CD-RW discs that I can afford (that $80 was pretty much all I had :lol: ). We have plenty of CD-R discs, but you can only burn on those until they're full. With CD-RW, you can burn, delete, and reburn :D. 'Course, if I could afford it, I'd rather go with DVD-RW, because those can hold around 5GB, as CD-RWs can only hold around 680MB.

Anyway, NES ROMs are usually only about 200KB max (there are a few that go over 200KB, but not many), and a 3.5" floppy disc can hold around 1474.56KB (or about 1.44MB), so you should be able to easily fit the NES Final Fantasy games. However, some of the SNES Final Fantasies can go over 2MB (FFVI is one of them), so you won't be able to fit those on a 3.5" floppy disc, sorry.

P.S. When I say "FFVI," I'm referring the JAP number. FFIII in the USA is the same as FFVI in JAP.

Martyr
09-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Yeah, you can download 1-3 and the nes emulator fro this site and throw it all down on an emulator. I think. If the site offers all that. (I think I saw emulator and rom links, yes?)