PDA

View Full Version : College! O_O

DMKA
08-23-2004, 08:46 PM
Well, its my first day as a Freshman here at East Central University, and I must say, I like this...I like it alot. It beats the hell out of Highschool, thats for sure.

Anyway, the questions:
1) Are you in college/university, or have you been? If so, did you/do you enjoy it?

2) If you arn't or haven't been, do you plan on it?

SeeDRankLou
08-23-2004, 08:50 PM
1)Yes. To be in college fresh out of high school is one of the best experiences of my life. I took a small sabbatical from college, and now I'm back so I can get my degree, since now I know what I'm doing. I had a wonderful time in college when I was younger, and I'm sure you will too (especially moving from Oklahoma to the east coast).

kikimm
08-23-2004, 08:51 PM
Argh. Every time I even think about going to college, it gives me a stomach ache, butterflies, whatever you want to call them. I'm nervous, because I'm not completely sure of what I want to do. This is going to be deciding my LIFE. I had my mind set on a certain job, but recently, it's been changing. There's so many things I want to do, but you can only have so many majors.

It's good that you enjoy it. :p I do plan on going (my parents would kill me otherwise), but I'm just not sure when. I've been thinking about taking a year or so off, just to travel around---after I go to college, they're isn't much time after that to do those things. *shrug* We'll see.

:D

Armisael
08-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Argh. Every time I even think about going to college, it gives me a stomach ache, butterflies, whatever you want to call them. I'm nervous, because I'm not completely sure of what I want to do. This is going to be deciding my LIFE. I had my mind set on a certain job, but recently, it's been changing. There's so many things I want to do, but you can only have so many majors.

It's good that you enjoy it. :p I do plan on going (my parents would kill me otherwise), but I'm just not sure when. I've been thinking about taking a year or so off, just to travel around---after I go to college, they're isn't much time after that to do those things. *shrug* We'll see.

Same here.

DMKA
08-23-2004, 09:00 PM

Thats how I was too. :p

And SeedRankLou, I'm in Oklahoma and I'm trying to get out(note my sig :D ), so thats just...hilarious. I figure College will help me get back to California. :p Or somewhere that appeals to me anyway. I hate this place, outside of the University.

Giga Guess
08-23-2004, 09:23 PM
No, but I do plan on going to the local Art College.

Miriel
08-23-2004, 09:57 PM
I'll be starting at the University of Southern California this Spring and I've never been more excited :D

Baloki
08-23-2004, 09:58 PM
I don't live in America unluckly, or luckly depending on your opinion.

Strider
08-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Cal State Hayward, represent!

I love being away from home. You have no idea.

m4tt
08-23-2004, 10:26 PM
I went to junior college for about 2 years. I hated it. I hated highschool and it was just like highschool, except it was harder to make friends.

That and I couldn't take the freedom, when my professors told me I didn't have to show up, I'd take two weeks off. :spin:

SeeDRankLou
08-23-2004, 10:52 PM
And SeedRankLou, I'm in Oklahoma and I'm trying to get out(note my sig :D ), so thats just...hilarious. I figure College will help me get back to California. :p Or somewhere that appeals to me anyway. I hate this place, outside of the University.
Well actually I was referring to you when I said that. I remember you saying something about really disliking Oklahoma, and you changed your location, so I figured you had moved for college of something. :D

Jebus
08-24-2004, 12:48 AM
1) Yeah. Actually, my first day was today too. I really enjoyed it, even though I was five minutes late to Philosophy because it was on the opposite side of the campus from my pre-calc class, and I had no other transportation. :/

Although my Greek class looks like a lot of fun.

Skogs
08-24-2004, 12:59 AM
College rocks - huge amount of work for me though. I've only got one year left on my degree, so I have to start thinking about applying for my next degree - either a graduate medical degree or a PhD.

Tokki Wartooth
08-24-2004, 01:00 AM
I'm in university.

ShivaBlizzard8
08-24-2004, 01:26 AM
1) I just finnished college last spring and I had the time of my life! I would give anything to be able to go back. Enjoy it while it lasts!!!

LOL. In any case, I liked college a helluva lot better than high school, and I'm heading to graduate school this fall.

-N-
08-24-2004, 01:27 AM
College is good. Much better than highschool. Enjoy the ride.

Del Murder
08-24-2004, 02:09 AM
I got my bachelors from UCLA. I had a good time but feel like I didn't really learn anything worthwhile. Looking back on it I should have majored in psychology which is something I'm interested in, rather than math which is something I'm good at.

-N-
08-24-2004, 03:35 AM
Math is so rad, though! You should look into metamathematical research or economics phenomena modeling. :D

Or not. :(

Logan
08-24-2004, 03:58 AM
I'm not in college yet, but I plan to attend the community college for two years, and then maybe transfer to Fresno State.

nik0tine
08-24-2004, 04:27 AM
I'd like to go to burkley. lol, thats a laughable concept. Id have to have better grades i think...

Yamaneko
08-24-2004, 06:42 AM
Uni, man!

I kind of wanted to go to UCLA like Del, and many of my other friends, but I decided on CSULA because they have a better school for my major.

Uni is only different from high school if you live on, or near campus because you don't have your parents around. If you live at home (like me), it's like going to school with slightly more tolerable people, but still living in the same environment as the past eighteen years of your life.

I want my education to be over. And I look forward to a fat paycheck every other Friday. :)

escobert
08-24-2004, 07:14 PM
This sunday I'll be leaving for Plymouth State University. This will be my freshmean year and I can't wait to go :p

Miriel
08-24-2004, 08:15 PM
Uni, man!

I kind of wanted to go to UCLA like Del, and many of my other friends, but I decided on CSULA because they have a better school for my major.

And plus UCLA sucks.

Kidding! I had an intensely hard time choosing between UCLA and USC and I didn't make my decision until WAY after the deadline (extrenuating circumstances) But the rivelry between the two schools is crazy. And funny too :p

White Raven
08-24-2004, 08:22 PM
1) Are you in college/university, or have you been? If so, did you/do you enjoy it?
Yes, I am currently enrolled at the University of Toronto, Erindale campus. In a few weeks I'll be starting my 2nd year of a 5 year program of a double major of Palaeontology and Geology. First year was grand (minus the whole marks part :p ), and I can't wait for second year. :D

Black Mage
08-25-2004, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I move into Rochester Institute of Technology this Sunday.

I've been relatively nervous, leaving home, leaving my group of friends, and moving into the wonders of college.

But, for the most part, what you guys have said has been quite uplifting. Perhaps it won't be so bad, afterall. : )

War Angel
08-25-2004, 09:17 AM
Nope, no colleges here. Going to the army in 4 months, for 3-4 years minimum... and then university, probably studying states, or going to diplomatic studies, or national security studies.... or everything together.

BatChao
08-25-2004, 10:35 AM
Yes... I recently graduated from UCI (University of CA, Irvine) with a bachelor's degree in computer engineering. College is fun, yet a lot of hard work. I don't know why everyone is like 'OMG it is like... SO much kewler than HS!' becuase I found it very similar to high school... except the general attitude of the students was slightly more mature. SLIGHTLY. But then again, I like high school too. It's also interesting and fun to live away from home and have a kind of 'pretend' freedom...

Dingo Jellybean
08-26-2004, 03:47 AM
Well, its my first day as a Freshman here at East Central University, and I must say, I like this...I like it alot. It beats the hell out of Highschool, thats for sure.

Anyway, the questions:

I go to University of Maryland, College Park. I went to Montgomery college for one year before transferring to Maryland and I've been here for 2 years now. I love it.

I hated high school and its restrictions. I can eat whenever the hell I want! I can leave class whenever the hell I want...who doesn't want that? They say college is the best 4 years of your life, and they're probably right...but my college life hasn't been exactly thrilling...but I can't complain.

I have 2 more years of college left before I get my double degree...I'll try to enjoy this moment because it won't come by again.

Rusty
08-26-2004, 08:11 AM
No
Yep I plan on going to university :)

Shlup
08-26-2004, 08:22 AM
I'm completing my transfer from community college to university and will be moving to California State University Sanbernardino at University Village in 21 days. Yay!

Kilika
08-26-2004, 09:07 AM
right now im a freshman in community college in so cali. (Chaffey College) and im saving money so i can transfer to Cal Poly Pomona, or USC. Not very tough to get into, especially when the honors program is so easy to get into and complete. But yeah college rocks, but im sure it will rock even more after i transfer

College = :rock:

IronfistX
08-26-2004, 09:11 AM
I've been in college for the past three years and it's been bitter sweet most of the time. There's the perks and downfalls to being in college and yet I find ways to make it interesting.
7 more units till an A.A.!!! Mwhahahaha!!!!!

Hehehehe, hahahaha, They can't touch me after that!!! Hahahaha, Mwhahahaha!!!
*Sticks toung out at Modesto Junior College teachers, staff, and administrations people*

Eat my wake!

gokufusionss1
08-26-2004, 01:03 PM

Anyway, the questions:

1) yes i am, the university itself is quite underfunded and staffed by lecturers who don't know what there really talking about and are usualy foreign so they have inteligable accents. But i like the drinking part.