PDA

View Full Version : Adult Swim

Lasher
08-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Eh, if this all ready exist i'm really sorry, i did look through and i didn't seen anything but lately my eyes have been less than good.

I'm an insomniac, i have a lot of trouble falling to sleep, and staying asleep. I've tried medicines for it and all sorts but none of them have worked well for me. So, i tend to do a lot of things at night...like...3am? :D And it's always Adult Swim keeping me company inbetween my late night painting, drawing, writing, chatting, reading, hell, you name, probably.

Makes me wonder how many people here ever watch it. How often? What shows in particular if any? Right now i love the Adventure Brothers, i just find it hilarious, and yet, it's still ol, good american cartoons. Don't get me wrong, i love my anime. Just finished watching the whole EVA series the other week but heh, it's rare to find good american cartoons anymore of any type really.

Shoeberto
08-24-2004, 12:07 AM
I've been watching it for a few years now. By far, one of the worst things about going back to school is losing the privelage of watching my Adult Swim.

(btw, it's Venture Brothers, not Adventure Brothers)

Personal favorite is Aqua Teen Hunger Force, hands down. Hi-larious.

Lasher
08-24-2004, 12:24 AM
Yeah, i noticed i put adventure after i posted T_T I need sleep, or just rest in general. Didn't feel like changing it, trying to get a damn avatar if i can resize one T_T

I like Harvey Birdman Attorney, Attorney At Law. I work for a lawyer so it just adds more to it.

ShivaBlizzard8
08-24-2004, 01:40 AM
I like it for Futurama and Family Guy, which I really miss having on FOX (Yeah, I know Family Guy is coming back). I also like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, although I'm not sure why. :rolleyes2

Kami
08-24-2004, 02:41 AM
Aww... and I thought this was about the guy that worked at adult swim; aka chicken dude. Yeah anyways, adult swim is awsome.

Shoeberto
08-24-2004, 02:47 AM
Hockey Chicken.

He got released like three or four weeks ago.

Kami
08-24-2004, 02:52 AM
I would so do that if I had the chance.

SomethingBig
08-24-2004, 03:29 AM
The only Adult Swim shows that I watch are Family Guy, Inu Yasha, Detective Conan(Case Closed *vomit*), Wolf's Rain, and Cowboy Bebop. I already saw all of the Trigun episodes and have the entire series on DVD, so I don't watch it, anymore. The only American show that manages a laugh from me, that's on Adult Swim, is Family. None of the others really warrant even a smile.

By the way, who or what was Hockey Chicken?

Lasher
08-24-2004, 05:26 AM
Hockey chicken was this guy, dressed up as a chicken, with a hockey stick. It was all part of a way to promote their products and attract attention the adult swim in general really.

And this could be about hockey if you like. It is about adult swim in general really.

-N-
08-24-2004, 05:33 AM
Harvey Birdman and ATHF are my favorite Adult Swim cartoons. ATHF especially. I worship that show.

Lasher
08-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Yeah, that's nice how they played it like they were cancelling ATHF there for awhile. Imagine the hell they would have brought on themselves if they actually did.

CloudSquallandZidane
08-24-2004, 07:48 PM
Dude i stay up til ATLEAST 1 am to see Inuyasha and watch all the Adult Swim shows. Once i dont have to wake up at 6:55 AM then i'll go back to watching it til 2 AM. I hate Lupin though. But Case Closed is alright.

Sleep is for the weak!

Oh wait that was the Midnight Run, huh?

Shoeberto
08-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Midnight Run. Holy crap, that's old-school. I completely forgot about that stuff.

I'm glad that CN is starting to bring back Toonami. It's only on Saturdays, but they have some good shows on it.

Uh. Adult Swim. :D?

White Raven
08-24-2004, 08:29 PM
We don't get that station up north of the border unless ya have satelite. Instead, we have Teletoon which is still pretty cool too.

kikimm
08-26-2004, 07:32 AM
Ah, yeah. I love adult swim. I don't particularly like any of them over the others....but Harvey is pretty good. Does anyone remember Home Movies? I loved that, but I think they took it off.

:D

Shlup
08-26-2004, 07:46 AM
I remember the beginning of Toonami and Adult Swim and televised anime and all that good stuff... It was truly a blessing.

Shoeberto
08-26-2004, 05:45 PM
Ah, yeah. I love adult swim. I don't particularly like any of them over the others....but Harvey is pretty good. Does anyone remember Home Movies? I loved that, but I they took it off.

They show it, but at like 3:00AM on Sundays. I think they're releasing a DVD for it, though. Home Movies rules.

kikimm
08-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Oh, cool. I missed that show. I can't stay up that late now, with school starting pretty soon.

CloudSquallandZidane
08-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Home Movies is an awesome show!

I have On-Demand so i can watch episodes 6-9 whenever i want, thanks comcast.

(/commercial)

GhandiOwnsYou
08-30-2004, 02:39 AM
yeah, Adult Swim is quite wicked, i had never seen venture brothers til a few days ago. much props to that, if only for bringing the angelic voice of Putty back to TV. I got beef with it though for switching to an all comedy lineup. I miss having Cowboy Bebop and Trigun on weeknights. btw, anyone know if they're gonna bring back FLCL anytime soon? i never saw the whole run and i'm all ansy for it....

m4tt
08-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Sealab 2021 (mc chris does the voice of Hesh :D?), ATHF, The Brak show ( :cry: I guess it was canceled? I don't stay up late that much anymore), Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, Futurama, Family Guy. I love all those shows. Adult Swim is good.

Shoeberto
08-30-2004, 05:44 PM
Brak Show is still on Sunday nights after the new episodes of ATHF.

soulICE
09-01-2004, 11:08 PM
sea lab 2021.. harhar im prolly the only one who likes it? not so much like it, i just like to be utterly confused by the erratic nonsense that happens. say, like a giant man eating squid steals your cupcake maker. show makes no sense whatsoever most of the time, but i still laugh by arse off.. because im confused.. no.. yeah.. *head implodes*

family guy is the best, hands down.