PDA

View Full Version : Printing to toilet paper.

Shoeberto
08-24-2004, 06:46 PM
I noticed in The Gimp that there is a template for toilet paper. I was wondering whether or not it's safe to print on a roll of toilet paper using a regular inkjet paper. You can imagine my suprise after half an hour of Googling to find that there wasn't anything about it, just companies that would print custom images for you.

I just wanted to know if it would gunk up the printer or anything. I'd imagine it'd be based on what kind you use, but I was just intending on those cheap rough paper-like TP rolls that I have left over from TPing a while back.

Stop laughing at me.

escobert
08-24-2004, 07:17 PM
I would think it would fall apart in the printer when the ink gets on it. When it gets wet with water it seems to just fall apart. I dunno though.

08-24-2004, 07:36 PM
yah you would have to have really thick toilet paper like REALLY thick and stuff...

Shoeberto
08-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Hmm. Darn. Oh well, this was just out of curiousity, really.

TasteyPies
08-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Try the rough kind and only print a text document.

crono_logical
08-24-2004, 09:54 PM
If it means European toilet paper size, then I think it's a convenience, because it happens to be a nice fraction of the standard A-type size paper you get over here :p

EDIT: In fact, toilet paper in some European countries is A6 size, (http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html) which is exactly one quarter of a sheet of A4 paper, which is a standard paper size outside of that weird place called United States :p Would be useful if you wanted to print the same thing 4 times on a sheet of A4, for example :p

Shoeberto
08-25-2004, 01:07 AM
Hmm. I might perform some experiments within the next couple of days.

escobert
08-25-2004, 01:12 AM
If it means European toilet paper size, then I think it's a convenience, because it happens to be a nice fraction of the standard A-type size paper you get over here :p

EDIT: In fact, toilet paper in some European countries is A6 size, (http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html) which is exactly one quarter of a sheet of A4 paper, which is a standard paper size outside of that weird place called United States :p Would be useful if you wanted to print the same thing 4 times on a sheet of A4, for example :p
Oh el arche why are you so smart? :p

crono_logical
08-25-2004, 01:13 AM
I might just be over-analysing the reason they put that template there :p It might be something as simple as allowing you to wipe your backside with the face of people like Bush :p

escobert
08-25-2004, 01:22 AM
I was wondering that but, wouldn't the ink sumdge on your butt?

crono_logical
08-25-2004, 01:42 AM
I'm sure it'd be fine if you used a laser printer :p In fact, the paper probably won't fall apart during printing like it might do in an inkjet either :p

escobert
08-25-2004, 01:46 AM
Yeah I was thinking of that but if you're poor like me you don't have a new fancey laser printer :p

Shoeberto
08-25-2004, 02:16 AM
Yeah, I've just got an old inkjet.

And I wasn't intending on using it for actual restroom usage, so whether or not the ink would come off is of no concern. I just wanted to know whether or not it would get caught in the printer and gunk all the innards up.

Baloki
08-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I've just got an old inkjet.

And I wasn't intending on using it for actual restroom usage, so whether or not the ink would come off is of no concern. I just wanted to know whether or not it would get caught in the printer and gunk all the innards up.

Try using Charmin :D