PDA

View Full Version : mp3's on EoFF

Auron4Ever
08-25-2004, 12:01 AM
Hey howdy hey Eyes of FF. I am a frequent visitor to this site and these many forums. However, I am having a problem with this site, the mp3 archive, more specifically the FFX-2 mp3's.

I go to download the song by rightclicking and saving target as. It worked on about 30 of them, then some of them would download for a brief moment and then stop. I go to open them and they only downloaded a second or two of the songs. I kept trying then moved on thinking that it was hopefully just that one. but then i stumbled across more of them.

Here are the songs I cant seem to download.
129: Sphere Hunter
202: Great Existence
205: Infiltration
207: Chocobo

after 207 i stopped attempting to download anymore until I ask about this continuing problem. I would like to know if anyone else is having trouble with these songs and would like to know how it can be corrected.

Thank you.

-IAN

Shoeberto
08-25-2004, 01:04 AM
Pace yourself? I've encountered in other sites download caps that cancel simultaneous downloads when go above a certain number.

crono_logical
08-25-2004, 01:21 AM
Those files seem complete on the server, so I'll assume it's your end :p

I'd recommend against downloading them anyway, FFX-2 had the worst soundtrack of all the FFs :monster:

edczxcvbnm
08-25-2004, 03:21 AM
If you clear out your temporary internet files and try again it should work. Sometimes there is a glitch when you download too many things at once and files are cut short. Try that.

Has EoFF thought about using a bit torrent batch file for all the MP3s for each game? Like a huge file for just FFVII? Or maybe each disc? It would save on Bandwidth as it is a file sharing program like Kazaa except for individual files...bah. I am sure Logical knows all bout it.

Agent Proto
08-25-2004, 03:24 AM
Yeah, it's most likely your internet files. You should clear that and you should be able to download again. :)

-N-
08-25-2004, 04:13 AM
Actually, I just hacked the server - turns out you can't proceed in downloading more files unless you send copious amounts of money through Paypal. :D

Kidding about hacking, not about pricing. Okay, fine, kidding about that too. xD

Shoeberto
08-25-2004, 05:20 AM
If you clear out your temporary internet files and try again it should work. Sometimes there is a glitch when you download too many things at once and files are cut short. Try that.

Has EoFF thought about using a bit torrent batch file for all the MP3s for each game? Like a huge file for just FFVII? Or maybe each disc? It would save on Bandwidth as it is a file sharing program like Kazaa except for individual files...bah. I am sure Logical knows all bout it.
Yeah, setting up a tracker and getting some seeders would probably save a lot of bandwidth versus actually having them all out like that.

-N-
08-25-2004, 05:44 AM
Classic EoFF poster syndrome of not reading anyone else's posts: That is a good idea - BitTorrent can also use other EoFF members finished downloads to upload from.

You know, you could also just set up an FTP like those folks do at Gamingforce Audio. I'm not saying turn into the prudes at GFA, just set one up like them. I tried doing it, but since I move around a lot I keep having to reconfigure my IP, am too lazy to get a dynamic IP redirecter, and when I do, I find I'm behind a firewall I don't have permissions to modify. :mad:

Back on track, having an FTP allows people like me to upload all the FF soundtracks and such (even though you already have them all, I'm sure :rolleyes2) that I have while also allowing other people to download said tracks. You can establish bandwidth caps and user limits so that you don't end up spending a fortune on bandwidth. And it can be used as a centralized switchboard for general file requests as well.

Cid
08-25-2004, 07:43 AM
No can do. 50% of the page views, and even more of the revenue that pays for the hosting comes from those ad ridden download pages. FTP would eliminate those page views.

Baloki
08-25-2004, 10:41 AM
I'd recommend against downloading them anyway, FFX-2 had the worst soundtrack of all the FFs :monster:

No can do. 50% of the page views, and even more of the revenue that pays for the hosting comes from those ad ridden download pages. FTP would eliminate those page views.

So what we recommend is that you click an ad instead and we'll be happy :)

Also I have a complaint to add onto this regaurding Mint on #EoFF, I got kicked for using the ID3 tag on your MP3's so I therefore am informing you that me and my legal team are suing you for your pants/trousers! :D

crono_logical
08-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Then don't use mp3 scripts in #eoff :monster:

Baloki
08-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Then don't use mp3 scripts in #eoff :monster:

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how to fix it...

crono_logical
08-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Delete Winamp :D

Baloki
08-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Delete Winamp :D

Oh I'll get you, you and your little dog too, mwhahahahaha

Psychotic
08-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Auron4ever, I think I know what the problem is.

You know the MP3s are all in a list? Well if you try to select "Save Target as" from that list, all it'll do is download the webpage. What you want to do is actually click the song on that list, and then it'll take you to the song's own page. Then right click and save as from there. Which would explain the inconsistency and why it downloaded a little bit.

You crazy kids can get on with your spam now :greenie:

-N-
08-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Wait... Psy just constructively contributed to a topic? :eek:

fire_of_avalon
08-25-2004, 06:58 PM
I.... I'm scared.

Typically I would agree about using something new to possibly streamline the operation of things, even though I'm not really involved in the operation of things, but something that needs to be taken into account is the fact that there are many people who download these songs who are like me and would have no idea how to use any other method. So you must all pay for our ignorance.

(Honestly, you can ignore the above. I was just trying not to spam, so I figured I'd better talk about the topic.)

Psychotic
08-25-2004, 07:04 PM

This one time I said a thread had degenerated to spam and Spat had a heart attack. I haven't dared try since. :elk: