PDA

View Full Version : Could this work?

Jolts
08-25-2004, 08:32 AM
If you learn the Ultimate Summon from the boss in Deep Dungeon, would it be possible to do the following?:
Get into a random battle that has a Summoner in it. Cast Innocent on that Summoner (or lower his/her Faith to 0). Cast the Ultimate Summon on that Summoner to teach it to him/her. Hope that the Summoner uses the Ultimate Summon back to you.

Would it be possible to do this to teach the Ultimate Summon to more than just five characters?

I've never tried it, and all my FFT files have been deleted, so I can't check.

BG-57
08-25-2004, 02:21 PM
I don't think it's possible, for a couple of reasons:

1) I don't think innocent summoners can learn Zodiac. You have to lower the faith gradually using Solution. I remember trying innocent in a battle with Elidibs only to have it miss completely.

2) It's unlikely that a random enemy summoner could learn Zodiac from your party any more than Zodiac cast on a friendly summoner. Blue magic/E-skills (which Zodiac is in essense) are transferable from monsters to heros, not in any other direction.

Mwork
08-25-2004, 06:42 PM
With Innocent the enemy Summoner will not be affected by Zodiac, which prevents him from learning the spell. Try lowering Faith a bit (yours or the enemy's), casting Shell on the enemy, or Mind Breaking yourself, so you don't kill the Summoner.

Once the Summoner has learned Zodiac, either wait for him to cast it back at you, or kill him and absorb his crystal.

Check out Master Daravon's Zodiac Learning FAQ (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/20051.html) over at gamefaqs for a more detailed explanation.

BG-57
08-26-2004, 01:52 PM
I stand corrected. :greenie:

I looked through the guide, it seems thorough enough. Although perhaps it would be better to absorb a crystal in my case since I've maxed out all the abilities in every job in every character.

Jolts
08-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Absorbing the crystal also doesn't limit you to be in the Summoner job ;).

Del Murder
08-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Enemy characters can learn it if you use it on them?

BG-57
08-29-2004, 06:02 PM
If the guide on gamefaqs.com is to be believed, yes. Although it has to be an enemy Summoner that survives Zodiac.

Giga Guess
09-26-2004, 05:39 PM
I've heard, yes. But if you cast Innocent, it won't work at all. Just solution him down, as well as your summoner. But I'd imagine the crystal method is easier.

The Amazing Spiderman
09-29-2004, 01:58 AM
If he doesn't cast it at all, just steal all of his/her equipment, and absorb the crystal (no treasure chest, since there are no items.)

KentaRawr!
10-03-2004, 09:15 PM
I havn't seen the Zodiac summon..by any chance does it look like this? :monster: Well, that sounds cool ^_^ I am not too far in FFT so I don't know ;-; but it seems like the summoner CAN learn it if you use it on them..and they survive..hey, what if you make cloud a summoner?

The Amazing Spiderman
10-04-2004, 04:55 AM
Nothing at all. Probably when you face Elidibs cloud will be in a pretty low level compared to your squad, and probably die from the hit.

Let Cloud use his Materia blade and that's all.