PDA

View Full Version : finished it at last...

silverjunky
08-25-2004, 11:15 AM
well i finally finished the game and i have to say wow it was cool the only gripe i have is they left a lot of unaswered questions such as what happens to everyone after they beat meteor and is that redx111 we see with the cubs (awww) ? plus i was surprised at how generally short the ending was the ff6 ending went on for ages whereas this one finished you had credits and then redx111 and cubs and that was it.

ISRviper
08-25-2004, 11:54 AM
well we hope that the movie will answer some questions that were left out

aeris2001x2
08-25-2004, 12:14 PM
yep it was amazing...definitly my fav ff end. i just hope Advent children does not ruin ffVII's genius.

BG-57
08-25-2004, 01:42 PM
There is a bright side to the ambiguity. You are free to come to your own conclusion about what happens to them. That's why sequels make me nervous. If they create a fate that goes against the one I had been hoping for, I get disappointed.

I have a feeling a lot of people will be disappointed in FFAC simply because it will put an end to all alternate possibilities except for one.

Armisael
08-25-2004, 02:40 PM
There is a bright side to the ambiguity. You are free to come to your own conclusion about what happens to them. That's why sequels make me nervous. If they create a fate that goes against the one I had been hoping for, I get disappointed.

I have a feeling a lot of people will be disappointed in FFAC simply because it will put an end to all alternate possibilities except for one.
That's right.

zacks_clone
08-25-2004, 02:56 PM

Its got Zack in it.If they dont mess up the voice acting I'll be happy no matter what.

Somewhat, anyway.

The game did leave alot of room for speculations- which i both hate and love. the "did humans survive" question, for example, leaves alot of room for people to guess and play with ideas- not to mention explain why and be satisfied with an ending to the game that they would have- not that the creators would have. Quite the masterpeice.

ISRviper
08-25-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm sure that Sqauresoft knows that they can't make all the fans happy and I'm sure it was difficult chooseing what happens in the movie and they know that no matter what they chose there will always be the fans that will get pissed at that decision and those that will be happy aboute it

Jolts
08-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Yeah, but negativity is like a virus. It'll spread onto some other people, even if they liked the decision(s) SquEnix made. For example, I liked FF: TSW, and so did a lot of people I know, but once some others starting ranting about FF: TSW's flaws, a lot of people I know started not liking it anymore. I, however, am impervious to peer pressure by strangers, I couldn't care less what they think. I LIKED THE MOVIE, "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within"!

As for the ending to FFVII, it was pretty sweet. I liked the part when Sephiroth gets absorbed by the planet.

DJZen
08-26-2004, 05:53 AM
I dunno why people think there's some secret bit of info that they missed in FFVII's ending. The ending was intentionally left vague. Many authors do this. If you don't get it, it's likely that you weren't meant to.

......Or the translators did a horrible job, which wasn't the case with the ending as it was all FMV, and therefore couldn't be subject to bad translation. Also, this is why the ending was so "short". FMV takes up a lot of disc space and is expensive to produce. FFVI's ending was done using sprites rendered with the game engine, which takes up amazingly little space. Naturally, FFVII's animators had less room to work with. We sacrifice duration for spectacularity. I thought it did a perfectly good job of telling the story of what happened though. And yes, that WAS RedXIII, you can tell from his tattoo.

aeris2001x2
08-27-2004, 05:48 PM
it was a short end...but it sure was sweet.

i hope they dont screw Sephiroth's voice over.

TasteyPies
08-27-2004, 06:34 PM
If they dont mess up the voice acting I'll be happy no matter what.

i hope they dont screw Sephiroth's voice over.

Sephiroth: Leik, *giggle* Hey Cloud!

Cloud: I will....VANQUISH ya!

Sehiroth: *giggle* Leik, DIE! *hehe*

Cloud: erm. Take..THIS! and uh THIS!

Zack runs onto screen

Zack: .....WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Zack runs off

Jiro
08-29-2004, 11:12 AM
That scared me...

Vaprice
08-30-2004, 02:47 AM
Oh god no after what happened with FFX-2 the acting made me so mad....stupid rikku. They're always so.....happy. AH!!!!!

But if they make it work, make it smooth, it'll be great.

But FFVII's ending was great.