PDA

View Full Version : Physics Project

Silmaril
08-25-2004, 04:13 PM
I have to propose an idea a physics project in the coming week. I'm kinda at loss what to do so if ANYONE can give me a good idea or a good site that'd be great! :D

Jebus
08-25-2004, 04:25 PM
How about the effects of a falling fruit on someone's head? Entertaining and scientific.
I call it Funtology. :D

escobert
08-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Hit a golf ball :D

Lindy
08-25-2004, 05:00 PM
The piezoelectric effect.

At least, it depends on what kind of level of physics you're doing.

http://sxm4.uni-muenster.de/stm-en/Piezo.html

BatChao
08-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Yea... it really depends on what level and type of physics you are referring to... kinematics? Magnetism? Light?

Psychotic
08-25-2004, 06:13 PM
Make a model of the solar system, then destroy it (by stamping on it! And setting it on fire, maybe), claiming that's what would happen if a meteor hit it. Repeatedly.

It's what me and some friends did a few years ago! (Like, when we were 12 or something) It got an OK mark too! :D

fire_of_avalon
08-25-2004, 06:39 PM
If a meteor hit the SOLAR SYSTEM? That's a big freakin' meteor.

Psychotic
08-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Well, actually in theory it just bounces around like a pinball. Because it can.

-N-
08-25-2004, 07:05 PM
Stick with something simple, like testing whether light changes direction in a sufficiently strong gravitational field.

Denmark
08-25-2004, 07:08 PM
How about the effects of a falling fruit on someone's head? Entertaining and scientific.
I call it Funtology. :D

funny...I call it gravity. and that would be kind of a trite experiment. as Isaac Newton already did it. ^_^

throw a ball and see if it comes back to you. if it doesn't, you can prove that there is no gravity emitted from you, and therefore you don't exist. ^_^

-N-
08-25-2004, 07:19 PM
What if it bounces back at you? And what if the gravitational field you emit is negligible compared to the gravitational field you're in (which it is)? Don't give me that Issac Newton crap; I've killed people for less than that.

Armisael
08-25-2004, 07:36 PM
I have to propose an idea a physics project in the coming week. I'm kinda at loss what to do so if ANYONE can give me a good idea or a good site that'd be great! :D
Why don't you tell to your teacher that you just couldn't do it?

K-chan
08-25-2004, 07:43 PM
I've found that excuse works as well as telling your teacher your dog ate the project. :eep:

...sound like a good idea to me. -^.^-

Jebus
08-25-2004, 07:58 PM
funny...I call it gravity. and that would be kind of a trite experiment. as Isaac Newton already did it. ^_^

throw a ball and see if it comes back to you. if it doesn't, you can prove that there is no gravity emitted from you, and therefore you don't exist. ^_^

Damn that Newton, always stealing my ideas.

ShivaBlizzard8
08-25-2004, 10:32 PM
When I was in physics, we did projects like designing and building a balloon car (a car which is powers only by the air coming out of a balloon) and were graded on whose worked the best and went the farthest. We did the same thing with cars powered by mousetraps. It's all about force and energy and aerodynamics and whatnot (aka a lot of BS surrounding something that's actually fun). Feel free to swipe those ideas if you want.

nik0tine
08-25-2004, 11:38 PM
Do an experiment on how physics relates to the timbre of an instrument. Or you could do one one how harmonics work on a guitar.

-N-
08-26-2004, 12:32 AM
Ah yes, standing waves on a string... *had to do a tech report on that* :x_x: