PDA

View Full Version : So, a killer's after you, eh?

SomethingBig
08-26-2004, 12:34 AM
I just saw a commercial on TV for a new movie called Cellular and it's about some guy that randomly gets a call from a random woman that's been randomly kidnapped and is about to get murdered by a random murderer.

Okay, put yourself in the guy's position. Say you're driving down the highway, going 120 mph, bouncing up and down because of your car's hydrolics, okay? Suddenly, your phone rings and a stranger is on the other line, begging for your help because she has been kidnapped and will be murdered soon. She sounds sincere enough, but it could be your friends, trying to trick you into not going to an important meeting/a doctor's appointment/whatever, or it could be an enemy that's trying to lure you into a trap to murder you(hey, with the kinds of psychos out there, this is completely possible). Do you believe the person and help her? Or do you laugh and say, "Hey, pally, take a chill pill. I'm no jellyfish that you can just blow your horn at!"? How would you go about helping her out? You know that the murderer is in the place that she is in, or somewhere close by. Would you buy her cupcakes to make sure she's not hungry while dropping her off at her place?

I suppose I would help the person, if she sounded sincere enough. I would probably call the police, then stupidly go to where she's being held and either quickly untie the poor girl and high-tail it outta there, or, if the murderer's there, try to talk him outta doing what he plans on doing. About the third question, cupcakes are pretty expensive and high in fat, nowadays. That one's a toughy.

-N-
08-26-2004, 12:43 AM
You know that if that's all that happened, there would be no movie, right? Anyways, I'd probably call the police, tell them about it, and then go back to doing whatever it is I was doing before, like posting this post.

SomethingBig
08-26-2004, 12:45 AM
What about the cupcakes? Would you buy them and then give them to the police to give to the poor kidnapped woman? Or be a jerk and not even think about buying them?

UltimateSpamGrover
08-26-2004, 12:50 AM
I would hang up, and continue whatever I was doing.

Just my 2K.

-N-
08-26-2004, 12:51 AM
I'M SORRY, OKAY!!! :shame: SO WHAT IF I'M A JERK!!! :weep:

Earthworm Jim
08-26-2004, 01:12 AM
I would hang up, and continue whatever I was doing.

Black Mage
08-26-2004, 01:13 AM
Well, it would depend entirely on if the woman was able to answer a series of questions -- ranging from "a/s/l?" to "Are you a fan of crappy popular music?" If her answers were to my liking, I'd probably stroll on down to her "l", beat up several men on my way, and then carry her off into the sunlight. We'd get married the next morning, and raise a family in the mountains. Then I'd make her bake me cupcakes.

Serious Answer:

Eh, yeah. I would still try to save her. As with you guys, I'd call the police first. If I had some sort of wooden board, or gun or something, I'd take that for insurance, and then head off to whereever the hell she is. If noone's there, I'd get pissed and then kill my friends. If she was there, I'd save her. If a murderer was there, I might be murdered.

It'd be fun however it played out, though. Would definitely beat a regular day.

Ouch!
08-26-2004, 01:15 AM
I wouldn't trust'em; I'd hang up.

But how could you call the police if you were staying on the line like that guy is supposed to for the whole movie? Eh?

War Angel
08-26-2004, 01:15 AM
Anyways, I'd probably call the police, tell them about it, and then go back to doing whatever it is I was doing before, like posting this post.
Exactly.

It's not my job to save people's lives - especially not when I don't know if it's real or not. If a house was on fire, or someone was being held at gun-points, or something along those lines, right in-front of me... I'd do something, if it's in my power at the time (i.e, I'm armed).

Besides - how the hell did she get my number? Why me? Why is she even calling someone, other than the police, or even just people that know her? It doesn't make sense.

Logan
08-26-2004, 01:19 AM
I'd help the poor lady as best as I could, but I don't think I'd want to put myself in danger.

SomethingBig
08-26-2004, 01:30 AM
Besides - how the hell did she get my number? Why me? Why is she even calling someone, other than the police, or even just people that know her? It doesn't make sense.
Hey. It's in a movie, so of course it's nonsensical.

Black Mage, I liked your first answer better. :rolleyes2

Lindy
08-26-2004, 02:07 AM
I'd help her, but only if she offered me enough money to pay off my bar tab.

Why? Because I'm suppish.

mr. anderson
08-26-2004, 02:16 AM
i wouldnt help her because the only people who know my phone number are my friends

SomethingBig
08-26-2004, 02:23 AM
The person dialed a random number, stupidly hoping to get someone that was close by.

mr. anderson
08-26-2004, 02:32 AM
i still wouldnt help them

Strider
08-26-2004, 02:35 AM
But how could you call the police if you were staying on the line like that guy is supposed to for the whole movie? Eh?It's called a pay phone.

SomethingBig
08-26-2004, 03:08 AM
i still wouldnt help them
That's mean. :cry:

mr. anderson
08-26-2004, 03:11 AM
i am mean

-N-
08-26-2004, 03:27 AM
YOU'RE MEAN, SOMETHING BIG SMALL!!! HAHAHA!!! :exdee:

Del Murder
08-26-2004, 04:34 AM
'Uh, shouldn't you have called the police instead? It's less numbers.'

Psychotic
08-26-2004, 02:20 PM
Speak in Slovakian (Or at least, make it up! "Floggy Fleeg! Moom sherg? Balar falla ning nengy?" Yeah, that wasn't actually Slovakian! I bet I had you fooled!) until she goes away. :)

Silmaril
08-26-2004, 02:24 PM
I would probably try to help.

Levian
08-26-2004, 03:11 PM
I'd wonder why she wasn't calling the police, then I'd ask where she currently is. Then I'd probably call the police. If she was close to where I was, I might have stopped by nearby. I'm not sure if I'd actually go and try to save her alone though.