PDA

View Full Version : Getting Involved

Loony BoB
08-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Ciddies are over, the World of EoFF is going along at a steady rate, EoFF Site Staff has been going nicely for well over a year now (although we've for the most part taken the month off, should be back in action come September)... and I still want to get into more things to do with EoFF or with my friends or something. Maybe I just get bored too easy.

So, do you like to get involved with things? Do you like to constantly have something to do? Do you need to be involved in such projects in order to keep your mind entertained? I'm in one of those moods where I just want to come up with idea after idea. No idea what sparks it - pity it's always when I'm at work, too, if I was at home I'd probably be able to do a bit more about it.

Rye
08-26-2004, 02:18 PM
If it's with my friends, then I enjoy it, but I hate having to get involved with something with people I don't know well.

Rusty
08-26-2004, 02:31 PM
So, do you like to get involved with things? Yep I love it :)
Do you like to constantly have something to do? Not all the time, I like to be busy and have places to go and stuff, but I like my space to just relax.
Do you need to be involved in such projects in order to keep your mind entertained? No, there's heaps of things to keep me happy.

Silmaril
08-26-2004, 02:31 PM
I like having something to do but one after the other and the other. I like to enjoy what i did before doing the next thing.

Jebus
08-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Speaking of getting involved, I was thinking of starting an EoFF internet radio station. Joel at least agreed with me, and I think there were a few others who liked the idea.

How it would work is that certain people would DJ at certain times a day like normal, but we'd also have our own style of playlists. Like one person does classical, etc. We could also have radio shows. Comedy skits, interviews, etc. We're probably going to need a separate site for it though, so I'll need someone that knows html, but if I do this, I'll pay for the site myself...(hopefully it won't be too bad.)

Loony BoB
08-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Let's just say last time we had an EoFF radio the bandwidth went through the roof. :( The thing was just too popular... but if you want more information, search for 'radio' in the Site Staff forums, I'm pretty sure someone had the idea earlier and Cid gave them a bit of info on what they should expect, or something.

Jebus
08-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Don't worry about bandwidth. I said I'd handle that myself. I thuoght it was done before, I just thought I'd give it a try, while taking the load off of you guys.

That way it won't "technically" be EoFF radio, but with an endorsement from the site its the same thing with less strain on your servers.

Flying Mullet
08-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I liked to be invovled, but I have a habit of getting involved with too much and stretching myself to thin, between the things I'm inolved in, work, hobbies, quality time with the wifey, etc...

Now I'm trying to get so "un-involved" so I can focus on things that I enjoy the most, one of which is working on this site. :chef:

Denmark
08-26-2004, 05:36 PM
I don't really like getting involved in stuff.

kikimm
08-26-2004, 08:17 PM
It depends on my mood, how much I'd get involved, and what I'd be getting involved in. If it's something I'm really enthusiastic, I'll put in a 110%. But if I don't like the project, I'm going to lame out, big time. Sometimes I just don't all that responsibility, and avoid getting too into anything. *shrug*

:D

Shlup
08-26-2004, 09:49 PM
I like getting involved in things. Sometimes I get involved with too many things and my arm falls off though. It sucks.

-N-
08-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Don't worry about bandwidth. I said I'd handle that myself. I thuoght it was done before, I just thought I'd give it a try, while taking the load off of you guys.

That way it won't "technically" be EoFF radio, but with an endorsement from the site its the same thing with less strain on your servers.
Holy crap that would be so cool. Jebus is teh win. :D

I usually don't like to get involved with stuff unless I like it. I can usually keep myself pretty busy otherwise. :)

Mo-Nercy
08-26-2004, 11:29 PM
I usually just laze around while things happen around me. :(

Agent Proto
08-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Yep, I do get involved in stuff to help out or to do something benefitting EoFF in any way. *nod*

Lindy
08-27-2004, 12:09 AM
I'd get involved, if not for two problems.

For one, I don't really care about EoFF.

And for two, I don't really care.

Thunday Man
08-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Personally i hate getting involved :p

Logan
08-27-2004, 01:18 AM
I don't like getting involved much.

Black Mage
08-27-2004, 01:27 AM
I don't mind doing things with people.

But, getting invited to do those things is another matter.

So, I've adopted the whole, "I don't care." answer.

Del Murder
08-27-2004, 01:51 AM
I don't like to get involved unless I have to, and even then. I find that the more stuff going on the less special each thing becomes.

Rase
08-27-2004, 01:56 AM
I like helping out, though I usually don't start something.

Yamaneko
08-27-2004, 03:25 AM
I'm too lazy to do anything except go to school, eat, sleep, exercise a few times a week, and sit in front the computer. It's quite sad.

Fuzakeru
08-27-2004, 03:41 AM
I have the tendency to 'start' many things online but never finish them.
I joined Gaia for a while and gave that up, I've been posting on and off here lately ( don't forget me! ), I haven't been RPing as much on Yahoo, and I'm pretty good with keeping up with my LJ now that I have friends who read it. I'll probably be spread even thinner online in two weeks since I've got my big move to Michigan.
IRL though I stay dedicated ( except to that freakin FABULOUS CHICKEN job ) to what I start. I was in the Band for 7 years and other things, blah, blah. I ramble to much.