PDA

View Full Version : cell phones

Thunder Dragon
08-26-2004, 06:34 PM
I just recently got myself a new cell phone and I want to download some ringtones. The problem is, I want the actual song as a ringtone and I'm not sure if my phone can do that because it's not a speaker phone. If I can't have the actual sone, that's ok, then I just want some decent polyphonic ones (the ones I've been hearing on sites are complete crap). Anyway, I was wondering if any og you people can help me out here by giving me some good sites where I can get some tones. I think you need to know what my phone is and my service so I'll tell ya, it's a Samsung SCH-a670 with a Verizon plan. Thanx in advance. :D

Shoeberto
08-26-2004, 06:42 PM
http://www.suprnova.org has a mobile section that has supposidly free ringtones and such, though I've never used it and haven't heard of anyone using it, so I don't know how reliable it is.

Dr Unne
08-27-2004, 04:13 AM
Help Forum.

Baloki
08-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Polyphonic Ringtone = Midi File

Therefore it is concivably possible to use wap to download ringtones, just find the address of the midi file you want, shove it into your wap and wolla, instant, cheap and free ringtone downloads :)

Shoeberto
08-27-2004, 05:40 PM
Polyphonic Ringtone = Midi File

Therefore it is concivably possible to use wap to download ringtones, just find the address of the midi file you want, shove it into your wap and wolla, instant, cheap and free ringtone downloads :)
I knew that polyphonic were midis, but I had no clue you could get them over WAP. That is so cool.

Thunder Dragon
08-28-2004, 08:43 PM
Wait....whats WAP?

Shoeberto
08-29-2004, 02:45 AM
Wireless Access Point, or Wifi, or wireless networking. Requires a wireless router of sort for which you could network multiple computers with.