PDA

View Full Version : The fragility of life....

DJZen
08-27-2004, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I didn't expect to make this post either. This was a very unexpected event in my life.

Someone I know died.

She and I weren't close friends, but I knew her. We'd talked a few times. Her mother and my mother are very close friends, so this has affected my entire family. She's had severe medical problems all her life, and her mother's been doing all she can. We knew that it was possible that she wouldn't last much longer, but we didn't really see this coming. The blow was softened somewhat, but still very much present.

She was 29 years old.

This just happened today.

I'm feeling horrible about the whole thing. I can't imagine what her mother's going through. I wish there was something I could do for her family, but I'm at a loss for ideas.

God... It's crazy. You wake up, not having any idea of what's going on. Then you hear something like this, you almost feel guilty for not having known sooner.

Her mother's name is Penny, and I hope you'll have her in your thoughts, she's really gonna need to be strong right now.

Rase
08-27-2004, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I've been in this position a couple times, with family members passing away.

Just a suggestion, but for the family you can make something for her funeral.

Giga Guess
08-27-2004, 12:49 AM
Wow...I don't know what to say but...my condolences. To you and Penny.

kikimm
08-27-2004, 01:05 AM
I've been in the same situation, but it was someone much closer to me.

All I can really say is...sorry...I'm at a loss for words.

At least she doesn't have to suffer anymore. It's only you and the family that does. Don't get too down about it. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts (and prayers, too).

:D

Logan
08-27-2004, 01:14 AM
I'm sorry it happened. I'll be thinking about her, and her mother, and you.