PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid...

Gabgooba
08-27-2004, 04:37 AM
Has anybody here beaten MGS? I need to know a few things that I'm confused about:

1) How do you acquire the Bananda, Digital Camera, and other thing who's name I can't remember?

2) Is the interrogation actually possible without a turbo controller?

And I'll try to remember a few other things later.

Doomgaze
08-27-2004, 04:44 AM
Stealth Camo - Beat the game, having submitted to the torture
Bandana - Beat the game, don't submit to the torture. And yes, it's possible.
Camera - I don't remember D:

-N-
08-27-2004, 06:03 AM
What Doomgaze said. I found the Camera in a box somewhere. Wow, that was helpful. Or was that MGS2?

Gabgooba
08-27-2004, 06:03 AM
Thanks! I remember I got the camera once... But I don't remember how...

Shoyku
08-27-2004, 07:17 AM
I'm pretty sure you get the camera after beating the game once. And it's pretty easy to beat the torture sequence without a turbo controller.

nik0tine
08-27-2004, 07:19 AM
I dont remember how to get the camera but what everyone else said was right. I dont know about the torture, i guess it depends on your difficulty level like MGS2
In Extreme difficulty it seems physically impossible to do it without a turbo controller, but I guess if your superman or god you could do it.

Jolts
08-27-2004, 09:24 AM
I'm pretty sure you get the camera after beating the game once.
I'm pretty sure that's how the camera is obtained as well.
Oh, and the camera in MGS2 is obtained by starting the game ;).

Cz
08-27-2004, 01:16 PM
The Camera is found in the Armoury South, close to where you fought Revolver Ocelot.

From the boss' room, head out through the hole you made to get inside. From here, head right until you reach the end of the corridor. If you examine the wall you'll notice that it can be damaged by C4, so blow a hole through it. There are gun cameras in this room, so either evade them or use a Chaff Grenade. You'll see two doorways, which require a Level 4 (?) keycard to enter. The Camera is inside one of these (the southernmost one, I believe).

Hope that helps.

NM
08-27-2004, 03:46 PM
You need the level 5 card to get the Camera. But Czanthor is right about the location.

edczxcvbnm
08-27-2004, 04:10 PM
MGS2
In Extreme difficulty it seems physically impossible to do it without a turbo controller, but I guess if your superman or god you could do it.

Its not that hard to hit a button fast for a while. Its hard but far from impossible.

Gabgooba
08-27-2004, 04:35 PM
Hah! I knew it was something like that! Thanks.
-
-
-
-
-
TAKE THAT, OCELOT! Keep me away from the camera... Somehow... Jerk...

Del Murder
08-28-2004, 01:50 AM
I found that rapid button pressing is a innate skill. My brothers are kings at it but I just can't do it. I've never beaten the torture, so the bad thing always happens. :(

I have also never once won a rapid button game in any Mario Party, and we always finish in the same order (I'm third, I can beat the computer player ok).

Shoyku
08-28-2004, 02:07 AM
Playing Mega Man as a youngster gives you those twitchy rapid button pressing skills.

Lindy
08-28-2004, 01:12 PM
The torture sequence seems to be easier on MGS : Twin Snakes.

But maybe that's just because of the freakin' HUGE A button.

Jack
09-02-2004, 11:37 AM
Try doing the section where Solidus strangles you in MGS2-Substance on Extreme.

Now that's pain.

Gabgooba
09-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Alright, I did the interrogation without aturbo controller - twice!

Now to start another new game! Yay!

Jolts
09-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Anyone here know the differences between the PS and GCN versions? (other than graphics)

I'm thinking about replaying the game, but if the GCN one provides extra stuff without taking out anything, I might be able to borrow it from a friend. Otherwise, I'll just play my old PS version :D.

Lindy
09-29-2004, 05:13 PM
It uses the MGS2 system as a pose to the MGS system.

I.e. First person view for weapons and so on.

Jolts
09-29-2004, 05:20 PM
Really? Sweet. I might just borrow the GCN version then. With any luck, he'll say "sure," but I'm almost certain he'll make me return one of the other two games I'm already borrowing :lol: (Final Fantasy Chronicles and Resident Evil for GCN).

Erdrick Holmes
09-29-2004, 05:47 PM
My stupid friend lost my disc 2 of my MGS for PSX. Now just when I can get arsed to finish it I can't.

krissy
09-30-2004, 07:28 AM
my 12 yr old sister just started a game of mgs

Jolts
09-30-2004, 09:42 AM
My bad. I forgot, I'm also borrowing Final Fantasy Origins from him :lol: (he doesn't really care that much because he's addicted to Final Fantasy XI now).

I decided to play the PS version until I can borrow the GCN version (if I can, that is). Mainly, because I was in the mood to play it, and didn't want to wait. Also, I couldn't remember wich memory card and page of the memory card my old MGS file is on, and I don't feel like searching through all of them, so now I'm just re-unlocking everything :D.

My stupid friend lost my disc 2 of my MGS for PSX. Now just when I can get arsed to finish it I can't.
Normally, I'm against all kinds of violence, but your friend should be slapped :lol:.
my 12 yr old sister just started a game of mgs
Twelve years old seems a little young for this kind of game, don't you think? But hey, as long as she doesn't go postal... :laugh: (no offense, just joking).

---EDIT---
Video game violence doesn't count, 'cause it's not real, and I know that (I should, I'm 21 years old :lol: ).