PDA

View Full Version : What classes are your characters?

Martyr
08-27-2004, 04:58 AM
And also, what are combinations to make the strongest bare characters? Or will they never become weaker, only stronger with the master of each new class?
I'm under the impression that a character that has mastered mage classes will have higher magic power. Will that decrease if I master a class like Samurai, or will other stats merely get higher?

Right now, I've got too many groups to list, but the classes I've mastered for each person are (And it's ugly because I'm constantly changing people around to get better at classes that other people have mastered due to unpredicted abilities that work in tandem with abilities on other characters etc...)

Bartz/Butz/Whatever: Knight, Hunter, Geomancer. He's heavy in White Mage, Samurai, Ninja, and Monk.

Faris: Samurai, Ninja, Dancer, Bard, Blue Mage, and Sorceror. She's heavy in Alchemist, Knight, Summoner, and Time Mage.

Galuf/Cara/Krile: Monk, Thief, Ninja, and Dragoon. Heavy in Hunter (Now), WM, Summoner, and Alchemist.

Reina: White Mage, Black Mage, Time Mage, Blue Mage, and Sorceror. Heavy in Summoner (Very Heavy), Bard, Ninja, Monk, Knight, RM.

Now that I'm done typing all that, maybe you'll respond in some form to my first questions...

-N-
08-27-2004, 06:15 AM
If you're a certain class when you level up, you get different stat bonuses. Physical classes give more physical boosts; magical classes give more magical boosts, et cetera. FFT works in a similar fashion that way. I don't think the characters become weaker, though, you only get stat bonuses as you level up. Although, converting to a certain class may result in a penalty to some stats, but that's kinda apparent already.

I don't remember how my classes went because it's been too long.

BG-57
08-27-2004, 05:31 PM
I reached the endgame, so I've mastered every character in every class. I prefer them all as Mimes with Blue Magic and Red Magic x2 as secondary skills. Gives them the widest range of spells.

Ultima Shadow
08-27-2004, 09:34 PM
I let all my characters master: ranger, figther, dragoon, teif and Ninja... and Samurai... AND monk. Then I just have them class-less but equiped with the abilities I need.

aeris2001x2
08-27-2004, 09:37 PM
god damn. i did not know that your stats can be increased at lv up by the job classes u have equiped. that will make it really hard 2 master properly.

ShivaBlizzard8
08-28-2004, 02:13 AM
I mastered every job for every character, that way they could all go bare and have as many stat bonuses as possible for the final fight.

I've never heard of this "stat bonus as you level up thing." Are you sure? I never noticed it. It's all cumulative as far as I know. Magic ups for mage masters, hp ups for monk masters, speed for theives - when you go bare they all add up depending on what you've mastered. A bare character knowing everything should have the best possible stats for his level.