PDA

View Full Version : Oh e-mail, where art thou?

Baloki
08-27-2004, 12:17 PM
I subscribe to topics you know to save me having to look at the forums constantly but since yesterday morning I have had no e-mail updates, why is this? Was there a really important reason or did it just happen?

Loony BoB
08-27-2004, 01:26 PM
You might want to check your subscription types, the email you use and also your bulk folder. If you have the option, create a filter so any emails from whatever mailer sends them go into a specific folder. There's a good chance someone out there has been dumb enough to mark subscription emails as spam.

Psychotic
08-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Is it just me, or would the thread title make a cool little intro thing for Strong Bad?

Baloki
08-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Their all set to Instant notification, my account just filters all my e-mail to Outlook Express which sorts them into the correct folder.

However the e-mails are not reaching Yahoo and I do have mail filter off cos its a pain...

hummmmm

-N-
08-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Is it just me, or would the thread title make a cool little intro thing for Strong Bad?

Baloki
08-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Oh why not, no-one takes feedback seriously anymore anyway

Is it just me, or would the thread title make a cool little intro thing for Strong Bad? :cry:

-N-
08-27-2004, 11:17 PM
The question's already been answered, so might as well spam.

Psychotic
08-28-2004, 12:57 AM
The question's already been answered, so might as well spam.

Oh e-mail, where art thou?

run_psychotic_email.exe

Dear Psychotic,
I think that as the question Baloki asked has been answered, you should spam the ever loving crap out of this thread.
With love and kisses (lots of them!)
princeofdarknez

Spam Baloki's thread, eh Princess Loserpants? Well, that in theory sounds like a good idea, but there's these people, well I say people but I mean robots. Psychopathic robots. They're called "Cid's Knights" who happen to enjoy closing spammed threads. Hey look, here's Homestar come to say something irritating. Cue the paper.

Leeza
08-28-2004, 02:14 AM
No, I don't think that we're going to resort to spamming up Baloki's thread.

I too sometimes get a lack of email for my subscribed threads and it's really bothersome when that happens. Luckily for me, my lack of email was always caused by something that the Admins changed here in EoFF so it would get corrected when I complained about it. I'm getting a definite lack of email for my subscribed threads today as well though, but I don't think that it's because of anything that might have been changed here at EoFF because some are filtering through. Maybe it's just something going on on Yahoo's end, Baloki.

-N-
08-28-2004, 06:11 AM
STRONG PSY ANSWERED MY EMAIL!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

But seriously, maybe you're not getting updates because NOBODY IS POSTING IN THEM. :p

Baloki
08-28-2004, 01:00 PM
I'll try e-mailing Yahoo and seeing if their blocking it, thanks Leeza and I know people are posting in them Neel because I only post in popular thread :D

Loony BoB
08-28-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm pretty sure Yahoo! don't block any emails, they just filter them into the Bulk Mail folder. Check that folder and if you see anything ever move into there, then check it off and click on 'Not Spam'. I had to do that recently with my Yahoo! email as my CricketWeb emails were being classified as junk.

Baloki
08-28-2004, 02:25 PM
I have the junk filter off though as I used to have that problem...

I'll check

crono_logical
08-31-2004, 12:24 AM
Yahoo stopped filtering it into Bulk for me when I fixed the email problem with the forums a few weeks ago :D

Loony BoB
09-06-2004, 01:09 PM
In case anyone is having similar problems to this, please note that we are looking into it. However, if anyone is receiving emails of any kind, please let us know. :)

Citizen Bleys
09-06-2004, 02:47 PM
However, if anyone is receiving emails of any kind, please let us know. :)

I'm getting a bunch of emails about penis enlargement products. Like, hundreds a day. But that could just be from subscribing to all of those penis enlargement mailing lists.

Doomgaze
09-06-2004, 07:01 PM
Basically, God hates people who subscribe to threads.

eestlinc
09-07-2004, 01:06 AM
why exactly do you subscribe to threads, again? I would think that if someone has replied to it recently then you might see the thread near the top of the forum.

Loony BoB
09-07-2004, 01:12 AM
Subscribe without email is the way to go - that way you get all the threads you've posted in in one place.

I'm guessing people subscribe for a bunch of reasons, ranging from not being online often enough, not remembering to check forums (or threads) that they usually skip, wanting emails so they can be notified as soon as someone has replied to their threads, etc...

Turns out hotmail users should still get their emails, we're still working on why gmail/yahoo etc. don't.

And Mark: Man did I walk right into that one.

Leeza
09-07-2004, 04:05 AM
* I subscribe to threads that I want to keep an eye on for moderating purposes.
* I check my mail more often that EoFF so I know faster if I have to check on something on the forums. In fact I almost never go into EoFF on it's own. Saves time this way.

Baloki
09-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Turns out hotmail users should still get their emails, we're still working on why gmail/yahoo etc. don't.

It seems that someone on Yahoo has hit the mark as spam button and EoFF has been marked as spam. Yes I did spoof EyesonFF.com e-mail address to test this. I can check again if you want though?

crono_logical
09-07-2004, 02:50 PM
It's not that, since I don't receive mails from EoFF at either my uni account or even my completely unfiltered home ISP account. I'd guess there's something about the way the server's configured to send that's wrong and everything is rejecting it, except, typically, Microsoft's broken implementation :monster:

Besides, even if it was marked as spam on Yahoo, we'd just see it filtered into our Bulk folders instead, it doesn't just vanish.

Baloki
09-07-2004, 03:23 PM
It's not that, since I don't receive mails from EoFF at either my uni account or even my completely unfiltered home ISP account. I'd guess there's something about the way the server's configured to send that's wrong and everything is rejecting it, except, typically, Microsoft's broken implementation :monster:

Besides, even if it was marked as spam on Yahoo, we'd just see it filtered into our Bulk folders instead, it doesn't just vanish.

*stops trying to help the cookie monster then*