PDA

View Full Version : ff Game Tournment-Quarter finals

aeris2001x2
08-27-2004, 08:25 PM
the quarter finals have now begun. no more messing, its straight knock out. the matches are...

ffVIII V ffI

ffV V ff Tactics

ffVII V ffIX

ffVI V ffX

Sunday 12am is the deadline for the quarter final voting.

SpiritWolf
08-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Great my first and third favorite ff games both have really hard matches (1st favorite being IX and third being X. However Tactics advanced my 2nd favorite did not make it.

ffVIII
ff Tactics
ffIX
ffX

Lon611
08-27-2004, 08:33 PM
...il post wat i think neways :D

im not sure about the first bracket, seeing as how i haven't played much of either, but imma say FFVIII.
FFTactics
FFVII
FFX

if it's 2 late in the tourney 2 count mine, then that's kewl. i understand

aeris2001x2
08-27-2004, 08:34 PM
its a tough draw...but 2 be the best u must defeat the best right? :greenie:

p.s-hey Loni its never too late. u can vote at anytime as long as the deadline has not passed. :cool:

Lon611
08-27-2004, 08:37 PM
well, it's final fantasy, so any bracket is gonna be a tuff draw. unless u're up against x-2 :D

SpiritWolf
08-27-2004, 08:41 PM
well so far all of the matches this round have been easy voting for me because there are only Five FF titles in there that I've played. My 2nd favorite FFTA, fourth favorite X-2, and 7th favorite FFCC didn't make it so that leaves me with my favorite which is FFIX, my third favorite which is X, my 5th favorite which is FFVIII, my 6th favorite FFVII, and my least favorite FFT.

aeris2001x2
08-27-2004, 08:41 PM
lol, true. though it did come 3rd in its group as it beat ffIII...but it still got eliminated :p

i love all the ff games in the Quarters (except Tactics which i aint played) but in the end i,ll be going 4 ffVI and ffVII (yes ffVI and ffVII could only meet each other in the grand final)

Lon611
08-27-2004, 08:47 PM
well, i mean, x-2 isn't really appealing, and yet, 2 me, it is. iuno, bcuz i've never played it. but if im bord, il pik it up sort of as a "breath of fresh air". aeris2001x2, do you ever sleep, lol?i've never seen you in the morning (over here). iuno wat tyme it is over there, so it may be a dumb question, like 5:00 pm or sumthing, lol.

EDIT:4 me, it's ffx and vii all the way!!! :exdee: sorry vi. at times i just never understood you, lol :eek:

Ultima Shadow
08-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Sorry SpiritWolf... but your favs are up against my favs. :(

ffVIII

ffV

ffVII

ffVI

do you ever sleep, lol?i've never seen you in the morning (over here). iuno wat tyme it is over there, so it may be a dumb question, like 5:00 pm or sumthing, lol.
Well, I've seen Aeris online like,2am 4am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm 10pm 12pm.
Now, I'm not the person to complain about that. *cough* ... :eep:

aeris2001x2
08-27-2004, 08:50 PM
no i dont sleep much :D . i,m actually not on the net much, in the past i was sumtimes on 24/7.

its 8.50pm here in UK,i,m just watching the soccer Uefa Super cup match.

SpiritWolf
08-27-2004, 08:53 PM
It's okay Ultima Shadow I'm starting to get used to that. I'll just make sure that fenrir wins the summon tournament!

Lon611
08-27-2004, 08:53 PM
is it me, or duz ffv lack something???like, i never really got addicted. plus, it was hell trying to get job lvls... :mad:

EDIT:before i seem like an ignorant a-hole, lemme jus say u only learn by asking. okay, uk is sorta like england (sorri if thats offending n neway, but i don't really know). n i forget which one, but one of the 2, or both, have ways of speaking english that r different from over here in america. i was watching "bend it like beckham" and i understood most parts except for the "bollocks" and terms like that. lol :D neways, do you ever find it hard understanding americans???do you think americans have...uhm...american accents and special local terms and such???sorri if that was offending in neway, im just trying to learn here...

Ultima Shadow
08-27-2004, 08:56 PM
is it me, or duz ffv lack something???like, i never really got addicted. plus, it was hell trying to get job lvls... :mad:
It's just you. :tongue:

Lon611
08-27-2004, 09:00 PM
must be :mad: , or it wouldn't be here huh??oh, and aeris2001x2, i edited my last post with a trivial but curious question taht would be gr8 if you answered, bcuz i always wondered...

aeris2001x2
08-27-2004, 09:01 PM
It's okay Ultima Shadow I'm starting to get used to that. I'll just make sure that fenrir wins the summon tournament!

well i,m predicting he will meet ODIN in the last 32 match. and if he won that he could very well meet KOR in the last 16 :eek: . its a tough draw...

on ffV. I thought in the first half,the game lacked sumthin. the story was meh, i did not care about the characters. it just seemed 2 have no imersion.

boy was i wrong. the second half's story, characters and game play were just amazing definitly a top ff for me...

"before i seem like an ignorant a-hole, lemme jus say u only learn by asking. okay, uk is sorta like england (sorri if thats offending n neway, but i don't really know). n i forget which one, but one of the 2, or both, have ways of speaking english that r different from over here in america. i was watching "bend it like beckham" and i understood most parts except for the "bollocks" and terms like that. lol neways, do you ever find it hard understanding americans???do you think americans have...uhm...american accents and special local terms and such???sorri if that was offending in neway, im just trying to learn here..."

no your not offending me in anyway. yes England is one of the four countries in the UK. and yes we do speak a slightly diff english. in fact its common for the USA to get the piss taken out of it here for changing certain english words. yes americans do have distinct accents and terms that confuse us English too. but on the whole its still English and easily understood.

Ultima Shadow
08-27-2004, 09:13 PM
lol, I've always been wondering "WHERE" in the uk you live Aeris. :greenie:

Back on topic, I think FFVI or FFVII will win this. (just to keep the cid's knigths away for a little longer. lol) :p

aeris2001x2
08-27-2004, 09:19 PM
lol. yep it will be a close thing between ffVII and ffVI i think. though shocks do happen :eek: .

i,m stuck in Birmingham in the west midlands. :( . fornately i dont have a brummie accent.

Lon611
08-27-2004, 09:20 PM
thanks SOOO much for answering my question!!!!! :D

neways, yah. hey, do the cid's knights come if a thread goes off topic???

EDIT:"i,m stuck in Birmingham in the west midlands. . fornately i dont have a brummie accent."

im sorri but i don't kno where birmingham is, or the "west midlands". is that the equivalent of a state???

aeris2001x2
08-27-2004, 09:25 PM
thanks SOOO much for answering my question!!!!! :D

EDIT:"i,m stuck in Birmingham in the west midlands. . fornately i dont have a brummie accent."

im sorri but i don't kno where birmingham is, or the "west midlands". is that the equivalent of a state???

yep they come and warn u off. if u resist they cut u 2 pieces with spears and anti-spam bombs.

yes West Midlands is the equivalent of a state i guess. Birmingham is Englands second biggest city.

Ultima Shadow
08-27-2004, 09:29 PM
:shifty: Yes they do. So... FFVI would...blah, blah, blah... :shifty: And when they see you... they'll take you away... ...So basically... I think FFVII would... blah, blah, blah... :shifty: ...and uleash the CKotR upon you! :eek: ... :shifty:

aeris2001x2
08-29-2004, 12:40 AM
the results are in...and there has been sum close match ups...

ffVIII wipes ffI off the map in a 4-0 demolition

ffV and ff Tactics both draw 2-2. Lon611's vote being very critical in Tactics aid...

and in the sudden death showdown...ff Tactics wins by the narrowest of margins...winning 6-4 in the shootout(well heads/tails flip out)

ffVII scores a good win...sweeping aside ffIX 3-1

Another 2-2 draw ensued between ffVI and ffX...

and the score in the sudden death flip out is a hugely titantic 8-7...to ffX!!! ffVI is stuningly knocked out by the narrowest of margins...

wow what results!!! :eek: . and the semi-finals are...

ffVIII V ffVII

ff Tactics V ffX

I think a deadline of tuesday 12am will suffice here. who will make the final??? u decide!

Lon611
08-29-2004, 12:48 AM
man aeris2001x2, thats some good commentating. i was on the edge of my seat nervious to see if my favs made it. ooh, im glad ff tactics made it thru cuz of me!!! :D ooh, and ffx. man, i luv that game :D

uh oh, ffx has a really hard bout with fftactics :eek: , but imma vote 4 my fav games ever, so.....

FFVII
FFX

if my favs made it to the finals, imma pull me hair out, lol :eek: :D :D

SpiritWolf
08-29-2004, 05:32 AM
Personally I think this tournament has posibly bean the most dissapointing one for me other than when Dark Nation lost in the ff7 boss tournament. Ah oh well I still have X and VIII but with the match up VIII is in I don't think it will advance. Anyway here are my votes.

ffVIII
ffX

Lon611
08-29-2004, 06:32 AM
this isn't relevant in neway, but i heard someway saying (i think it was you aeris2001x2) that your cpu kept deleting your files. wel this happend 2 me recently, and i was wondering if you have xp?is it something xp duz to clear space?iuno. just so i don't get yelled at by mods, i would like to say it was my saved "state's" from ff (emulator) not really, just had 2 find a way 2 make it relevant. :D

Zante
08-29-2004, 08:06 AM
ffVII

ff Tactics

Edgar
08-29-2004, 12:16 PM
FFI (easy)

FFTactics

ffIX (doubt this'll win tho :()

ffVI (you must be joking)

Edit: We need more Cultists of Kefka here!

aeris2001x2
08-29-2004, 01:27 PM
hey Edgar, the quarter finals r over...we r in the Semi-finals now! :D (damn if u had voted earlier, ffVI would not have crashed out!

Lon611...i,m totally confused :eek: . earlier i was writing a VERY long post...and as i was about to submit it...the net crashed :hot:

EDIT-i,m sorry Spirit Wolf. but in the end, only one can win the tournment!

i feel your pain, my fav Emerald crashed out the Weapon cup in the semi final, and my Boss Fav Sephiroth could not even QUALIFY 4 the Boss tournment final tournment.

Fenrir may do ok but i dont fancy his chances, even if he wins his group, the draw he has is extremely difficult.

Ultima Shadow
08-29-2004, 02:23 PM
and the score in the sudden death flip out is a hugely titantic 8-7...to ffX!!! ffVI is stuningly knocked out by the narrowest of margins...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh, well...

ffVII

ffX

SpiritWolf
08-29-2004, 05:59 PM
Unfortunatly I realize that Fenrir will probably have a really tough time and that he does have a good chance of losing. Yeah I will be really dissapointed if he loses but It wouldn't stop me from voting. I would still have Phoenix, Mindy, Ifrit, Quesacotl, Cerberus, Bahamut and some others that I can't remember right now to vote for. And even if they all droped out I would still vote simply because your tournaments are so darn fun :D

Ultima Shadow
08-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Unfortunatly I realize that Fenrir will probably have a really tough time and that he does have a good chance of losing. Yeah I will be really dissapointed if he loses but It wouldn't stop me from voting. I would still have Phoenix, Mindy, Ifrit, Quesacotl, Cerberus, Bahamut and some others that I can't remember right now to vote for. And even if they all droped out I would still vote simply because your tournaments are so darn fun :D
I feel exactly the same. Even if Ultima Weapon lose in the boss tournament (whitch to me is the most important tournament) there's still those I like alot, not as much as Ultima Weapon, but still love that I could vote for. And even if they all lose, I will still vote to make sure the ones I disslike the most don't win. :)
I wouldn't mind more tournaments, Aeris.

lockeIX
08-30-2004, 12:34 AM
:eek: X and VIII? No VI, IV or IX? Well, at least 2 of the best are here.

VII
Tactics

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 04:15 PM
hey thanks Spiritwolf and Ultima Shadow. i,m glad my childish little tournments have brought some enjoyment to the forums :) . i,m thinking of doing a ff Female tournment and i may well open it on friday.

anyway...to semi-final results!

ffVIII good form meant nothing in the end, crashing spectalcular 5-1 to ffVII...

While ff Tactics good run finally came to an end...losing 4-2 to the glorious 10th.

check out the new topic coming soon 4 the grand final :cool:

Ultima Shadow
08-31-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm, sure Tifa will win the female tournament... but hope not. Hey, the tournaments aren't childish! They'r cool. :cool:

SpiritWolf
08-31-2004, 05:24 PM
Yeah what Ultima said. Except I don't think Tifa would win.