PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2 pre-loading

Yamaneko
08-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Half-Life 2 pre-loading begins to Steam account holders today. Over the coming days, those who have selected the pre-loading option will have encrypted Half-Life 2 files delivered to their PC. No purchase is required to pre-load HL2, but is required to activate the game. Purchase options will be released soon. Then, the moment the game is made available, those who have pre-loaded and purchased Half-Life 2 via Steam will be authenticated and ready to start playing. For more information, please visit www.steampowered.com
It started yesterday, but the servers were so busy I didn't get a chance to start downloading until today. It's downloading as I type this. The downloads about 500MB. Unpacked, it's a little over 1GB.

Are any of you going to start pre-loading?

Shoeberto
08-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Nah, I'll wait and buy it boxed.

I'd imagine the crackers out there are hard at work getting a workaround to have it run without activation.

btw: I freaking hate Steam.

Erdrick Holmes
08-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Nah, I'll wait and buy it boxed.

I'd imagine the crackers out there are hard at work getting a workaround to have it run without activation.

btw: I freaking hate Steam.

Yamaneko
08-28-2004, 04:08 AM
I think you need to pre-load anyway even before you install off the CDs.

Shoyku
08-28-2004, 04:09 AM
I thought pre-load was for people with those ATi coupons, so that they didn't have such a big download once it was released.

CloudSquallandZidane
08-30-2004, 04:13 AM
Yeh u gotta preload to play the game... unless u buy it boxed... then u pre-load it off the cd... ur choice really.

Shoeberto
08-30-2004, 06:06 AM
I think you need to pre-load anyway even before you install off the CDs.
That would be retarded. I could see it being optional that you get an electronic copy, but still making you have to download it after buying a boxed version would be stupid.

edczxcvbnm
08-30-2004, 08:16 AM
I am going to buy the boxed version. I am the type of person who beats a game and then later on when room needs to be made I uninstall games that I am not playing. I need those cds/dvds.

I can't wait for this game and I think I am going to get a Geforce 6800 OC this week at best buy as it comes with Farcry and DooM 3. I am not a geforce guy for the most part but this year they are really taking it to ATI.

I would also like to say "this figures with me". I don't like Circuit City but most of my major purchases in the past have come from CC because they happened to have the better price at the time. *curses himself*