PDA

View Full Version : Kairi? is that you?

Dark Songstress
08-27-2004, 10:31 PM
one day, i watched the KH2 trailer and during it, i saw this red-headed girl who have her back turn at me and she got clothes so familer to Kairi. OH PLEASE LET IT BE KAIRI! IT HAS TO BE HER! alot of people said she was smaller than Kairi, but she looked exactly like her. she even got longer hair. here some scoop that everyone should know: Kairi was kinda of a weakling in KH, but while Sora was a heartless, Kairi protects him from several other heartless and he got change back to normal. at the end, Kairi was alone on the island, but Sora voice was still inside her. Kairi didn,t want to be useless, so she train alot on the island. i think 1 year later Kairi couldn,t hear Sora voice anymore. she think he may be in trouble, so that when she looks for Sora. her weapon could be the Oathkeeper because she gave it to Sora in KH and he promise he,ll give it back. during the countdown thing in Deep Dive, there were two lines that said "This time, I,ll fight" and "His voice, It left me". so it possible Kairi is gonna be fighting in KH2.

TheAbominatrix
08-27-2004, 10:35 PM
She gave him the keychain which turned the blade into the Oathkeeper, not the blade itself. She'd have to be a keyblade master to wield Oathkeeper, and Sora would be weaponless then.

That being said, there's no one else for it to be. She's grown up a little, so it's more than likely her.

Ouch!
08-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Unmarked spoilers.

The only problem is, we don't know how many keyblades there are. In Kingdom Hearts there were three: Sora's, Riku's (which was destroyed when Sora used it, or maybe it just disappeared) and Mickey's.

In Deep Dive alone, there are four: the three that the dual-wielding Unknown has, the Oathkeeper, Oblivion (which was thrown to Riku) and a Kingdom Key that he took out after throwing the Oblivion to Riku. Then in the end you see Mickey flip down onto the roof wielding his Kingdom Key. As far as we know, none of those people are Sora, so that leaves out his keyblade, which would mean that there are five keyblades.

TheAbominatrix
08-27-2004, 10:46 PM
How'd I forget about all that? That's a good point... but I hope it's not the case with Kairi.

Ouch!
08-27-2004, 10:53 PM
There are a lot of hints within the quotes that run through both Another Side, Another Story and Deep Dive that suggest that Kairi has a major roll. The most convincing of which, I believe, is the quote, "What took you so long, Kairi?" The quotes that Dark Songstress mentioned would seem to offer a motive, and obviously, in the end she finds what or who she was looking for, most likely Sora, and he was expecting her.

That, however, does not mean she is going to be the other playable character that Square-Enix has hinted at. With all the screens of the dual-wielding blonde haired kid in the trailers (most specifically the battle scene with the giant white heartless thingie in the similar setting of where Sora faught the Darkside in the intro/tutorial thing in Kingdom Hearts and the battle scene with Axel) it would lead me to believe that he is the other playable character. Kairi can still go on her little journey without being playable.

Aside from that, they already made her a princess of heart; making her a keyblade master would be stretching it a bit far.

Pheesh
08-28-2004, 04:43 AM
Aside from that, they already made her a princess of heart; making her a keyblade master would be stretching it a bit far.

That's a good point. But you guys are forgeting that there are other weopons. She may not be able to fight with keyblade but it dosn't mean she can't fight (pitures sora being cornered by a mean and ugly heartless and Kairi coming out of nowhere and making minced darkness out of it. hehehehe.)

What i'm worried about is what will she do to try and get to him. I don't think she will do a Riku and open her heart to darkness because she is a princess of heart but then you have to ask yourself how does she get to sora (as it is seen in ASAS she definately meets up with him again.)