PDA

View Full Version : Even More Random Trivia

Jolts
08-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Since not everybody here plays all the same games, there should one rule:
Wait 24-48 hours after asking a question, and if it isn't correctly answered by then, answer it and pass your turn.

Anyway, here goes my first question:
In Breath Of Fire III, what skill damages, but never kills?

Lord Chainsaw
08-27-2004, 11:47 PM
This is what happens when I don't give Breath of Fire III the attention I give II. I end up forgetting things.

Going to take a guess here, but is it Disembowel? The attack those thieves use?

Jolts
08-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Nope. Disembowel is an instant killer move (that temporarily lowers the user's MaxHP), quite the opposite :lol:.

Well, it's been long enough, and nobody else even took a guess. So, I'll answer it and pass my turn to the next poster.

Backhand will damage the opponent down to 1 HP, but will never bring them down to 0 (like False Swipe in Pokémon games).

Maxico
08-28-2004, 11:47 PM
what sole weapon from metal gear rex (in metal gear solid) made it into metal gear solid 2?

Jolts
08-28-2004, 11:56 PM
Uh...nuclear warheads? (I don't think I quite understand the question)

Maxico
08-29-2004, 12:01 AM
Ok Ill clarify

In metal gear solid one the giant walking tank (called metal gear rex) was euipped with many weapons. The Metal gear in Metal gear solid 2 (called metal gear ray) had a different set of weapons. But one weapon from metal gear ray was in the sequal. What weapon was this.

Jolts
08-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Ah, well, in that case...I have no idea...

Maxico
08-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Well if nobody gets it in a day or two Ill answer it and pass it on.

Lord Chainsaw
08-29-2004, 05:29 AM
The railgun?

Polyonymous
08-29-2004, 08:25 AM
the laser thingie (i know, very good description)

Maxico
08-29-2004, 10:27 AM
The railgun?

yup, go.

It made it as a miniture version carried by one of the bosses.

Lord Chainsaw
08-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Alright.

I'm gonna give two. An easy one and a hard one. It doesn't matter which one someone gets, whichever they get first they go next.

Easy: What games are the vampire bosses Jack and Sylvia from?

Hard: Ripped and torn, his body was returned to the Underworld after his defeat in Actraiser, only to return again from the depths of Deathheim in Actraiser 2. Who is he?

Lord Chainsaw
08-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Alright, it's been a day. I guess the questions were a bit difficult now that I think about it.

Jack and Sylvia are the two vampire bosses from Illusion of Gaia. They guard the third mystic statue in the sunken ruins of Mu.

The evil Demon King from Actraiser that was defeated in the first, only to be revived by the 13 Demons of Sin in Actraiser 2 is Tanzra.

I guess it's time for someone else to go.

Triple T
08-30-2004, 07:06 PM
Q: What is the password to accsess KOS-MOS's simulator?

Lord Chainsaw
08-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Ye shall be as gods?

Lord Chainsaw
08-31-2004, 07:08 PM
I'm just going to assume that was it. I think that was it anyways since that's what was said at the end of the simulator.

I'll give some questions now to keep this going.

Easy: What does the M. in M. Bison stand for?

Mid: This boss made an appearance in both Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile. Any of the 2 answers will be accepted.

Hard: What are the names of Ebisumaru and Goemon in the SNES Legend of the Mystical Ninja?

You only need to get one.

black orb
09-01-2004, 12:37 AM
Mid: This boss made an appearance in both Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile.
>>> Gabriel Celeste..?
atleast I know there is a painting of him in Star Ocean 2..

Mo-Nercy
09-01-2004, 02:55 AM
Easy: What does the M. in M. Bison stand for?
Major

Jolts
09-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Figures, you finally ask a question I have an answer to (not 100% sure if it's right or not), and somebody else beats me to it :tumble: :lol:.

Lord Chainsaw
09-01-2004, 06:49 PM
Black Orb got the question right first, so it's his turn to go.

As for Bison:

The M was supposed to stand for Mike. Balrog in the US version's name was originally M. Bison (Vega was Balrog and Bison was Vega), so the M. was supposed to make his name Mike Bison. I don't believe they actually ever came out with an official name for what the M. was supposed to be for after that, but I guess it could be considered Major.

black orb
09-02-2004, 01:57 AM
>>> Ok, I this one is easy..
Q:Name at least 4 different Ninjas from Genso Suikoden..
If you havent played it then pick Ninjas from the other Suikoden games..

Lord Chainsaw
09-02-2004, 07:01 PM
The only two ninja characters I can name off the top of my head from Suikoden are Kasumi and Kage.

I've made the question that much easier for someone else, if they can remember two more.

Jebus
09-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Kasumi, Kage, Fuma, Hanzo.

I know that game like the back o' me hand. :D

Lesse, question.

In Genso Suikoden what item is used to recruit Esmerelda and what enemy drops it and where do you fight them. Three-parter'd. :P

Jowy
09-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Opal > Holly Fairies > Near Scarletecia :D

In the Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time, how were all four bottles obtained?

Jebus
09-02-2004, 07:51 PM
I do believe you were wrong, buddy. :D

Although since you already have a question out I'll supply the answer. Opal>Nightmares>Sonierre/Scarleticia. :P

Jolts
09-02-2004, 08:16 PM
In the Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time, how were all four bottles obtained?
Bottle1: Dive for it in Lake Hylia (the only madatory bottle)
Bottle2: Play Malon's Super Cucco mini-game in Lon Lon Ranch.
Bottle3: Find and carry all seven Cuccos in Kakariko Village to the pen in the back, then talk to the lady standing near the pen.
Bottle4: Catch all ten Big Poe in the Hyrule, then sell them to the Poe buyer in the Marketplace.
The first three have to be obtained when Link is a child, the last one when he's an adult.

Questions:
Easy - What was the first game that had Luigi as the main character?
Very Hard - In what way is Super Smash Bros. Melee connected to Dragon Ball Z?

SpiritWolf
09-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Is the easy one Luigis mansion?

Lord Chainsaw
09-02-2004, 11:52 PM
I have no clue about Dragon Ball Z, so I'm just gonna take a crack at the easy one.

Would it be Mario is Missing?

StarlightAngel
09-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Very hard- people are blasting the crap out of each other?

Giga Guess
09-03-2004, 03:14 AM
I'd say the first game Luigi is a main character in is Super Mario Bros. 2, because it's the first game you play him in that choosing him isn't like choosing red or blue shoelaces.

Jolts
09-03-2004, 08:34 AM
Okay, more specifically, I meant when Luigi was the main character. In SMB2, he was one of the four main characters. So, Lord Chainsaw would be correct with "Mario Is Missing."

As for the very hard question, nobody's gotten it right yet. Remember, since it's "very hard," you'll have to do some major digging, or just blow it off and go on with your life :lol:.

Lord Chainsaw
09-03-2004, 06:47 PM
I'll try to make some easier ones this time.

Q: What is Proto Man's signature item?

Maxico
09-03-2004, 06:54 PM
A(for jolts): there was a rumor (that has been disproved) that you could get goku (and squirtle) as hidden characters in super smash bros. melee.

Jolts
09-03-2004, 07:14 PM
A(for jolts): there was a rumor (that has been disproved) that you could get goku (and squirtle) as hidden characters in super smash bros. melee.

Nope. I'll just answer it, 'cause it's pretty farfetched. The guy who does Captain Falcon's voice also does Vegeeta's voice in the Japanese DBZ and DBGT movies/shows.
EDIT:
Forgot to tell you that the voice actor's name is Ryô Horikawa.

Q: What is Proto Man's signature item?
His cape/scarf? Or his sunglasses?

Giga Guess
09-03-2004, 07:25 PM
He passes a Shield on to Mega Man in MM7(?) I believe, so I'll stick with that...

Lord Chainsaw
09-05-2004, 06:16 AM
Protoman's signature item can either be his scarf or his shield. The main focus of Mega Man 5 was Darkman, the "evil" Protoman, and on the title screen they showed Protoman's scarf. I'm not sure if he had the scarf in Mega Man 3. I didn't see it on him when he fights you in Mega Man 3, but I do think I remember it on him on the stage selection screen picture before the Skull Compound.

However, Protoman is also known for using his shield. He always carries around his shield and even gives it to you in Megaman 7.

I guess whichever of you want to can go next.

Giga Guess
09-05-2004, 05:33 PM
In Silent Hill 3 which of the Tarot Cards Heather grabs is NOT in he literal sense (read: Their ACTUAL name, and no bending meanings) a real tarot card?

Giga Guess
09-09-2004, 04:43 AM
Awright, awright, it's Eye of Night. Next poster.

StarlightAngel
09-11-2004, 05:23 AM
What is the name of Black Rose's brother? (.hack)

EDIT: No one is answering so I'm giving the next turn to the next poster. The answer was Kazu.