PDA

View Full Version : ffV master training

aeris2001x2
08-28-2004, 12:35 AM
i heard the job classes u have on during level up can increase the stat bonuses u get.

if this is so, does that mean that late job classes, like Mimic for instance give better stats?

and if that is so it would be desirable to get through the game as low level as possible(sort of like in ffVI and ffVIII) to get such job's so u can master train your characters stats to be as high as possible.

does anyone know if this is the case? and if so, how low a level do u think it's possible 2 get through to the end of the game?

ShivaBlizzard8
08-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Certain jobs improve certain stats while you're learning them, and once mastered, those stats can carry over to your "bare" character. Meaning, if you master monk, for example, and then go bare, your HP will be higher than it was before you mastered monk, because HP increases go along with a monk's abilities.

However, to my knowledge, jobs don't just randomly improve stats when you have them equipped, and jobs aren't leveled - jobs learned at the beginning of the game aren't "weaker" than those learned later. For instance, some of the most important jobs are learned first - "Theif" improves speed, ect. The mimic job only teaches you mimic - it doesn't improve your HP or speed or anything that I know of.

Long story short, certain jobs temporarily improve a stat while they're equipped (e.g. Monk=better HP). When you unquip that job, the stat bonus goes away until you master it AND go to bare.

These stat bonuses have NOTHING to do with leveling up - that happens completely seperately. Equipping a job is like equipping the "hp+10%" ability to a character - it adds to the character's total HP while equipped, but doesn't increase the HP boost at level up time.

And monsters don't level up with you, so the higher the level the better.

aeris2001x2
08-28-2004, 10:47 AM
oh is that so? thanks alot ShivaBlizzard8. i was getting really worried this would be even longer to master.

ShivaBlizzard8
08-28-2004, 06:45 PM
No problem! :)

- Shiva

Black Mage FF1
08-29-2004, 12:45 AM
aeris2001x2 What do you mean when you say "master training"? Are you saying that you are actually gonna try and master the game completly. By this I mean are you gonna get every character to lvl 99/all jobs mastered with every character/all spells learned/99 of every item that is possible to get 99 of/all bosses/sidequests beat and maxed stats. Or are you just gonna do a basic one and just master all jobs and get all characters to level 99?

aeris2001x2
08-29-2004, 02:29 AM
all but the items(just 1 of each and all the rare items). though how is it possible 2 get max stats in ffV?

Black Mage FF1
08-29-2004, 04:08 AM
all but the items(just 1 of each and all the rare items). though how is it possible 2 get max stats in ffV?

Have fun trying to get all the blue mage spells and 1 of every item. That is going to be very hard and time consuming. Getting every character to level 99 and mastering all the jobs is going to take a long time too. Good luck.

BTW I dont know if you can max stats, I just assumed that you can since you can in just about every other FF game.

aeris2001x2
08-29-2004, 04:59 AM
well actually i think its only ffVII,VIII and X u can reach max stats (maybe ffII too but i wouldnt know).

i know its a tall order but it must be done... :eek:

Black Mage FF1
08-29-2004, 05:55 AM
well actually i think its only ffVII,VIII and X u can reach max stats (maybe ffII too but i wouldnt know).

i know its a tall order but it must be done... :eek:

Actually you can get maxed stats in FF1 too. Same with FF6 and FF2. i dont know about FF3 though since I never played it.

Anyway good luck on your training. :D

aeris2001x2
08-29-2004, 01:14 PM
hmm, i didnt know it was possible 2 get max stat 4 EVERY stat in ffI and ffVI. i,m max lv in both and i have not got one character stat to 255, never mind all of them... :eek:

thanks. i,ll need it, as i hear getting to lv99 is a bastard!lol

Ultima Shadow
08-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Actually, I don't think it's possible to get all the stats in FFVI maxed out.
A blackmage with maxed strength? Or a Figther with maxed intelligence?
In FFV however... it could be possble.

Black Mage FF1
08-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Actually, I don't think it's possible to get all the stats in FFVI maxed out.
A blackmage with maxed strength? Or a Figther with maxed intelligence?
In FFV however... it could be possble.

That was a typo. I meant to say you can get maxed stats in FF4. I think you can max out some stats in FF6 though.

Yeah it is possible to get maxed stats in FF1 for anyone. A fighter can have maxed INT and a Black Mage can get maxed str. It just takes a long time. I never have done it and I never will.

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 04:35 PM
how is it possible please 4 those characters to max all stats at same time? i,m max lv and there no items i,m aware of that can do anything?

it would be so cool 4 my ffI black mage 2 start doing 9999 with physical attacks...

Black Mage FF1
09-01-2004, 11:52 PM
how is it possible please 4 those characters to max all stats at same time? i,m max lv and there no items i,m aware of that can do anything?

it would be so cool 4 my ffI black mage 2 start doing 9999 with physical attacks...

Getting all 4 characters every stat up at every level up would be very hard to do. The only way you can do it is to kill off every member except 1. Get him to level 50 and after every level up make sure he gets all stats up. Then revive the next character and do the same. This will most likely take a VERY long time. I dont think anyone has actually done this before or even tried.

BTW In FF1 there are max limits for everyones stats (unless you use codes). Like for the Fighter, his max str. is 69 but the black mages max str. is 50. So it is not possible to take 9999 with the black mage unless you sit there and cast Steel or Saber on him over and over again.

aeris2001x2
09-03-2004, 01:38 PM
oh i think i get it...that sounds like living hell...

how do u get max stats in ffIV? is it to do with ensuring u get best stats possible after each lv up after lv70?(u know, when it all gets screwed up).

i know its possible to get max hp and mp though(LOTS of AG/AU apples and Somadrops).