PDA

View Full Version : Remedies for a hot day

Erdrick Holmes
08-28-2004, 01:28 AM
It's friggen hot here in michigan. I was looking for a way to remedy and an I dea popped in my head when I was taking clean clothes from the laundry room to the living room. Try this sometime on a hot day.

Take a clean shirt that came out of the dryer. Unfold it and stick it in your freezer (preferrably not touching any food) and leave it in there for about a half an hour, then take it out and put it on, the coldness of the shirt will feel sooooo good.

Now does anybody else have any other weird ways to remedy a hot day besides a dip in the pool or the yard sprinker or an ice cold shower?

TasteyPies
08-28-2004, 01:31 AM
Get nude and rub yourself with ice cubes...what? I'm the only one?

Psychotic
08-28-2004, 01:31 AM
One-way ticket to Siberia usually does the trip. Also this strange invention that we have here in y'know, here, called a "fan". It's amazing. This thing spins round and it makes cold air blow out!

Shlup
08-28-2004, 01:38 AM
Take a clean shirt that came out of the dryer. Unfold it and stick it in your freezer (preferrably not touching any food) and leave it in there for about a half an hour, then take it out and put it on, the coldness of the shirt will feel sooooo good.
The do that with undies in a Sierra Mist commercial.

On hot days I don't usually blow dry my hair. It's long and thick so there's a nice cold dampness on the back of my neck for a couple hours.

Gabgooba
08-28-2004, 02:06 AM
That can give you pneumonia... Oh well!
I'm in Toronto, so I know how you feel... I just wait patiently for the Canadian winter.

Shlup
08-28-2004, 02:08 AM
That can give you pneumonia... Oh well!
Bull. ^_^

Phil
08-28-2004, 02:09 AM
I generally either turn on my ceiling fan or dont wear a shirt, of course thats around the house. Out in public i just dont wear double layers or a hat, and wear shorts all the time.

Shoyku
08-28-2004, 02:27 AM
Here's the ultimate solution:

See your air conditioner? Yeah, that thing. Crank it up on high, sit back, enjoy.

Also; I enjoy the heat. I can't stand winter, but I'm very resistant against weather in general. In winter, I'm sometimes found walking outside in a t-shirt, today, I took a walk with a sweater on.

Logan
08-28-2004, 02:37 AM
On hot days I don't usually blow dry my hair. It's long and thick so there's a nice cold dampness on the back of my neck for a couple hours.
Hey, that's what I do. Must be a Californian thing. :rolleyes2

Mikztsu
08-28-2004, 02:44 AM
Swim.

Meat Puppet
08-28-2004, 02:50 AM
I get naked and rub myself with frozen peas. Not ice cubes.

Erdrick Holmes
08-28-2004, 02:53 AM
Here's the ultimate solution:

See your air conditioner? Yeah, that thing. Crank it up on high, sit back, enjoy.

Yeah but my AC is crap, if I have my computer and my AC on high at the same time my power goes out in my room

Yamaneko
08-28-2004, 04:16 AM
It's actually been pretty nice here this past week. We've been getting the marine layer for most of the day. :)

kikimm
08-28-2004, 04:24 AM
B***ch and moan until it gets cool again.

There's really no escaping it here. We don't have air conditioning, and my dad won't allow us to have the fans on. No, I don't know why.

:D

mr. anderson
08-28-2004, 04:30 AM
i never really get that hot,but when i do get a little hot i just get an ice cold drink

Kirobaito
08-28-2004, 05:21 AM
I laugh at your Michigan hot weather.

Thunday Man
08-28-2004, 06:41 AM
There is no greater sin than central air.

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-28-2004, 07:43 AM
I sit here and make believe I'm in Michigan, where it's cooler.

Silmaril
08-28-2004, 02:42 PM
The weather here is really cool and cloudy with a lovely light breeze .
MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Denmark
08-28-2004, 04:14 PM
There is no greater sin than central air.

No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater than central air. ^_^

Also, Spiff. You should try heat combined with humidity sometime. Dry heat is FUN compared to OUR heat. ^_^

as for the topic, I sit in front of a fan. or in a dark room. and I stay inactive.

Giga Guess
08-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Step 1) Take a baseball cap. Basic Ordinary baseball cap.
Step 2) Fill said baseball cap with water.
Step 3) Put on cap, and enjoy the watery coolness.

On the other hand...the summer here has been unseasonably cool. As only, like 3-5 days exceeding 30 C, and not too many more exceeding 20. It's been dipping dangerously close to the frost mark at night, since about mid-August....yeah, I hate the cold...

Rusty
08-28-2004, 05:42 PM
It winter here in australia :) Summer though is nearly here and in 40 degree heat I'm at the pool or beach nearly everyday >> so go swim anywhere. Ice cubes should be your favourite thing to eat. This is a common sentence for my family and friends in summer ' "Lets go stick our head in the freezer for a couple of minutes" :)

escobert
08-28-2004, 06:08 PM
It's so hot here today :( 85 with 93% humidity hardly any wind no clouds in the sky. Damn I hate hot days >: (

Casey
08-28-2004, 08:17 PM
Get naked. Drink alot of water. Get a fan going. Are remedies for a hot day..