PDA

View Full Version : The Nightmare Before Christmas

Rase
08-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Yeah, it's not exactly new, but whatcha gonna do, huh?

Anyway, does anyone else still like this movie? I personally still love it and watch it whenever I catch it on TV. I think the music is VERY well written and the fact that almost the eintire thing is Claymation is simply amazing. Anyway, does anyone else have anything to say about this good old film?

Carnage
08-28-2004, 09:05 PM
I was addicted to that movie when i was younger. Great movie. Still really popular with the goth kids.

kikimm
08-28-2004, 09:07 PM
I love that movie! I was just thinking about buying again the other day-my copy, which was, of course, VHS, is messed up, and won't play. When I was little, I hated it, because I was so afraid of it (it is kind of dark). I've never seen it on tv though. *grumble*

:D

Psychotic
08-28-2004, 09:18 PM
I love it! I bought the special edition DVD not too long ago. It's great :D

Ouch!
08-28-2004, 10:25 PM
That movie was awesome.

Though I hate to generalize, Carnage's statement has much truth. The "goth" and "emo" kids at my school are always wearing Jack Skellington shirts.

Tim Burton has never disappointed me.

Fuzakeru
08-28-2004, 11:32 PM
I strangely find myself VERY much attracted to Jack Skellington. Anyone else have this problem? :) Admit it. He's hot and you know it. -drool-

Earthworm Jim
08-29-2004, 04:35 AM
The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of the greatest movies ever made. I don't think I really need to go into why, because 90% of the people who click on this thread will have seen the movie and will have probably enjoyed it. Tim Burton, Henry Selick, and Danny Elfman are indeed geniuses for creating this fine piece of work.

escobert
08-29-2004, 04:59 AM
Yes I love it.. One of my top ten movies ever.

Breine
08-29-2004, 06:09 PM
I think it's great. Tim Burton is just such a brilliant director... :)

GhandiOwnsYou
08-29-2004, 11:16 PM
yeahy, it is a great movie, but it has been tainted by the hot topic generation. case in point, i asked in kid in a skellington Beanie he liked that one movie or if he was a fan of burton in general, and he goes "what movie" as i elaborate, it becomes clear he had no idea Nightmare Before Christmas WAS a movie, he thought it was a clothing brand. *shakes fist* damn you hot topic......damn you

StarlightAngel
08-29-2004, 11:30 PM
I only got to see part of it, and it was the begining. I was interested in seeing it but I can't remember Why I never saw it all. I was At my friend's house. I think we were going somewhere and we just never got around to seeing the rest of it.

tomothy
08-30-2004, 03:40 PM
i bought it on dvd too. it's cool that you all love it, as far as mr. internet tells me a sequel in currently in production. :mad:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121164/

m4tt
08-30-2004, 03:55 PM
It's okay. I've seen it once. I didn't hate it.

Kirkpatrick
09-02-2004, 09:11 AM
I've seen it once, and rather enjoyed it.

Two people at my school have arranged the music, and we're going to play it in band this year, it's going to be awesome!

Shlup
09-02-2004, 09:17 AM
I bought the special edition DVD. It's my happy fun time movie.