PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon vs Yu-Gi-Oh!

Dixie
08-29-2004, 12:29 AM
What's better, Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh?

I think that Pokemon is better.

Lon611
08-29-2004, 12:41 AM
thats a tuf call there. yugioh definetly had the better show. but i played both card games, and yugioh has nothin on pokemon. plus the video games for gameboy kick the ass of all other yugioh video games.

so by a win of 2-1, i would say pokemon wins. both are really gr8 tho. :D

Jolts
08-29-2004, 12:41 AM
Never cared for Yu-gi-oh in any way.

Trumpet Thief
08-29-2004, 01:41 AM
chaos: I never really liked either of them... but...

Rubedo: YugiOh is really cheesy so I'll just choose Pokemon.

StarlightAngel
08-29-2004, 03:10 AM
The actual manga of Yu-Gi-Oh isn't that bad. It destroys Pokemon. But both animes suck. the manga doesn't cut out people dying and what not.

mr. anderson
08-29-2004, 04:32 AM
the yugioh manga totally kicks the crap out of anything made by pokemon,but pokemon has the better games

Polyonymous
08-29-2004, 05:09 AM
yu-gi-oh has to much drama in the show "oh no! you destroyed my blue eyes! Imposible!!!" and when they lose life points they act like they get hurt..... it makes me laugh. so pokemon wins

Ryth
09-02-2004, 12:33 AM
TV Show winner: Yu-Gi-Oh!
Card Game winner: Yu-Gi-Oh!
Video Games winner: Pok'emon
Manga winner: Equal

They are even to me but the Yu-gi-oh! anime blows Poke'mon right out of the water (they both suck but Yu-Gi-Oh! is just a bit better) totally. I really like them both the same Yu-Gi-oh!'s games weren't total mind-bending crap and the Game Boy games are so good (really repetitive though).

Salmon King
09-02-2004, 01:18 AM
I prefered the Pokemon card game, it was just easier for me to play for its simpler rules. I like the yugioh anime over pokemon, but not that much, like poly posted there is a lot of drama, and everything is repeated over and over (example, when their dueling for whatever is at stake, the bad guys often tend to repeat something like "when i defeat your [insert name of card] you're going to the shadow realm little Yugi" about 50 times in one show)

EDIT: forgot mah color

HanaKirei
09-02-2004, 01:26 AM
Pokemon. The show might drive me insane at this point, but I can tolerate Ash being an idiot more than I can tolerate tedious card games. ^^;

TasteyPies
09-02-2004, 01:45 AM
They are both poor representations of Japanese anime.

They are the reason the TV guide channel thinks Inuyasha is for 5 year olds. Therefore they must die.

SomethingBig
09-02-2004, 02:43 AM
They are both poor representations of Japanese anime.
You've obviously have never seen the Japanese version of Yu-Gi-Oh!. It's way different in Japan. America's far too uptight with what it shows and almost always butchers animés, with an exception of Pokémon, which is the same in Japania. The Pokémon series is repetitive and is, literally, the same thing over and over again. I see a commercial for a NEW Pokemon called Pokémon ADVANCED. I, of course, though to myself, "Finally. Something new." I decide to check it out, after not watching it for years. Sure enough, Team Rocket blasts onto the screen and, immediately, I turn off the TV. Yu-Gi-Oh! actually changes.

EDIT: Just realized that this was in the General Gaming forum. Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG > Pokémon TCG. Yu-Gi-Oh! video-games are equal to Pokémon video-games.

nickwilson
09-02-2004, 07:28 AM
i have played both card games yu gi oh wins pokemon looses the shows can get redundent but yu gi oh win there. the games though pokemon win gba but ps though yu gi oh wins that becouse pokemon don't have that opion yet yu gi oh is fun and have to think and statigize or u will loose big time pokemon attack kill or faint yu gi oh is just better

Lord Xehanort
09-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Pokemon's anime is horrible. Team Rocket must die. Yu-Gi-Oh's anime is dramatic, but so is the actual card game. Seriously, if you play the TCG, you get really into it and when someone defeats the best combo in your deck, you say, "*explitive string deleted*!!!!!" And when your life points are damaged, you may not actually feel the pain. But your mind feels it. It hurts very badly. But the Pokemon viedo games are much better than YGO video games. Seriously, YGO Falsebound Kingdom is soooooooo horrible!

So, Anime->Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG->Yu-Gi-Oh! Video Games->Pokemon

Yu-Gi-Oh! Wins.

Kirobaito
09-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh owns Pokemon, except for on Tuesdays. Well, today's Saturday, so Yu-Gi-Oh wins.

Del Murder
09-04-2004, 10:38 PM
I enjoy the occasional Yu-gi-oh, but you can't bet against Pokemon. Pika pi-KA!

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-05-2004, 03:33 AM
I'll just pluck my eyes out. It's less painful.

TasteyPies
09-05-2004, 03:46 AM
Next you guys are going to talk about transformers or something.. *stabbity*

Giga Guess
09-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh. Everyone calls it down for the overly-dramatic cheese factor, but that's half the allure of it for me! "I now summon my Ultimate monster! BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON! COME FORTH!" It's so cheesy, it's fun.

PhoenixAsh
09-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Not to sound too stupid, but actually is the difference between anime and manga?

Pokemon really gives off an animal cruelty vibe, and I just got impatient with it because Ash so rarely seemed to actually catch any in the ones I watched. Yu-Gi-Oh is good, but it has to have it's episodes one after the other, I don't really want to wait several days to watch one card game.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Manga is the comic, Anime is the cartoon, to put it bluntly.

gokufusionss1
09-11-2004, 04:23 PM
pokemon the cartoon that made me realise how much of a nerd i am, how could i choose anything over that,.