PDA

View Full Version : Swearing backwards *snip*

UltimaLimit
08-29-2004, 03:12 AM
If one recites the Lord's Prayer backward, then it is an insult to God and a strong indication that one is a Satanist. Similarly, holding a crucifix upside-down is a sign of Satan. The inverse is often used to poke fun at things or to reverse their meaning. With this in mind I ask you all: If you swear at somebody backwards, does that make it a compliment rather than an insult?

EX: "Son of a bitch!" is an insult meaning that your mother was a female dog and you are thus genetically inferior (and probably pissed off after beig called that). It is an insult. So would "Son of a hctib" be a compliment?

(By the way, we're assuming in this thread, for the sake of discussion, that such words as "hctib" would even be pronouncable in the first place, so don't say, "You're thread's stupid--how the lleh am I supposed to pronounce "hctib"?)

Discuss. (And don't cuss me out for having a stupid topic unless you type it backwards. :p )

Meat Puppet
08-29-2004, 03:29 AM
All I could really get are words like cuff, sip etc.

bennator
08-29-2004, 05:06 AM
I think you have to say the whole thing backwards. Like, "hctib a fo noS". Because, for example, satanists have to recite the whole Lord's Prayer backwards for it to work, I don't think just saying it normally while switching a word backwards would work.

Leeza
08-29-2004, 07:47 AM
Swearing is swearing in my book and most of these threads just turn out with people using it as an excuse to swear. Don't do it.

Silmaril
08-29-2004, 08:20 AM
I don't like swearing nor do i swear unless someone REALLY TICKS ME off.

nik0tine
08-29-2004, 10:39 AM
!!!111EMOSEWA OS RUOY GMO

Maxico
08-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Shut the *pins* up you *pins*ing *pins*er

Cz
08-29-2004, 11:14 AM
No, it wouldn't be a compliment. You'd just waste a lot of time learning to swear backwards. :D

FreaQaZoiD
08-29-2004, 12:06 PM
And make everyone think you're retarded.

frr_vegeta
08-29-2004, 06:00 PM
Hey, if you swear backwards don't fret! You're somebody's fetish!

Lord Xehanort
08-30-2004, 02:15 AM
Just out of curiousity, which prayer is the so-called 'Lord's Prayer'?

Kirobaito
08-30-2004, 02:31 AM
Just out of curiousity, which prayer is the so-called 'Lord's Prayer'?
Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed by thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done
on Earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our debts
As we have forgiven our debtors
Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.
For Thine is the Kingdom, the power, and the glory,
Forever and ever.
Amen.

Logan
08-30-2004, 03:49 AM
No, it wouldn't be a compliment. You'd just waste a lot of time learning to swear backwards. :D
You'd be the coolest kid on the block if you could swear backwards. I swear.