PDA

View Full Version : FF Fightin Game For Ps2 Good Or Bad Idea...

FFFreakX-2
08-30-2004, 07:21 AM
I Was Wonderin What Your People THought Of A Soulcalibur Type Fightin Game But With Like The Coolest Chars Form Final Fantasy...?

Doomgaze
08-30-2004, 07:28 AM
People Are Going To Hate You Just Because You Type Like This And That Will Delay Your Question Getting Answered

FFFreakX-2
08-30-2004, 08:13 AM
Sorry DoomGaze No Need To Get Mad! Its Just A Habit! AnyWays Stick With The Theard Not How I Write!

Mo-Nercy
08-30-2004, 10:49 AM
The Bouncer was pretty close to a fighting game. It was actually more beat 'em up though. The multiplayer/versus mode is hella fun. It's a bit slow paced for a fighting game but it's still uber-fun.

Ehrgeiz was a serious fighting game with some FF7 cameos, and it didn't really work out that great. Pretty rudimentary stuff. I'd pick Soul Calibur, Samurai Shodown, hell, I'd even pick good ol' weapon-less characters Tekken over it.

Although it sounds good. I don't think Square has really proven itself to be a competitive force when it comes to serious fighting games. As I always say,

Leave it to Namco

Chris
08-30-2004, 07:29 PM
Like Bartz vs. Cloud thing ???
(Wow, what a fight that would be :D)

black orb
08-31-2004, 01:55 AM
>>> It would work if the game is not developed by Square.. :D

Giga Guess
08-31-2004, 05:11 AM
I've tried to suss out what a FF Melee type game would be like. It's in here somewhere...

I think if they could work thesame...chaos you get in SSBM, rather than something like SOul Calibur, it'd be really good. Not to say that a Soul Calibur type thing would be bad either. I just prefer simple fighters.

DJZen
08-31-2004, 03:34 PM
I don't think Square has really proven itself to be a competitive force when it comes to serious fighting games.

Tobal No. 1

I think this is one of those "this would be a good idea so long as it never happened" types of things. There's so much potential for it to be good, and yet there's so much more potential for it to be bad. If it played nothing like any other fighting game on the market, it would probably be good. Otherwise, it'd probably be painfully derivative.

Rase
09-05-2004, 06:34 AM
IF it was made right, it could be awesome.

Between serious and simple fighting games, I prefer simple. I find them more fun and your not as focused on what button make the strongest combo. A SSBM type game with every main character from every series FF (I-X) and then some of the more popular, supporting characters has some SERIOUS potential.

I = Fighter
II = Frioniel
III = Fighter II
IV = Cecil
V = Bartz
VI = Locke
VII = Cloud
VIII = Squall
IX = Zidane
X = Tidus

MarikTheYuke
07-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Hasn't Bushido Blade taught us anything? I think that some chars would make good guests in the SC series. See my topic: http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65664

Slade
07-15-2005, 05:45 AM
I think it would a great idea. I love Tekken, and a game similar to that with FF charcters would be fun. But just a one off thing tho.....no dam sequels. Perhaps have it developed by Namco aswell :D

Del Murder
07-17-2005, 07:38 PM
There was really no need to revive this thread just to post a link to another thread.