PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean, Till the end of time

Khaotic
08-30-2004, 08:36 AM
This game is coming out soon, i pre-ordered mine and should be getting it the 1st-4th ^_^ anyone else getting this game?

Lord Chainsaw
08-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Tomorrow or Wednesday my gamestop said they'd have it. Star Ocean 2 is my second/third favorite game of all time, so I'm very much looking forward to this game. My big concern will be balancing time between Final Fantasy XI and Star Ocean 3. Seems like FFXI is going to have to wait.

I'm going to have the same problem when Fable comes out. Damn that Final Fantasy XI.

Lon611
08-30-2004, 06:57 PM
i heard that the storyline isn't near the others, and that the gameplay really gets you hooked.

Lord Chainsaw
08-31-2004, 04:09 AM
Well Star Ocean 2 didn't really have a great storyline. The only part of the entire storyline I found interesting was Dr. Lantis' background and the origins of the 10 Wise Men.

The entire second disc was a giant fetch quest with the four fields and all. What kept me going on that game was the 255 levels, awesome battle system, skill system, bonus dungeon, and super bosses. I am in no way supporting games that sacrifice storyline for gameplay when I say this, but I do think Star Ocean is one of the rare exceptions that I enjoy.

Khaotic
08-31-2004, 10:13 PM
T____T I was supposed to get mine tonight, but shipping is delayed and now its tomorrow night :(

Ouch!
08-31-2004, 10:19 PM
I was going to get my hands on the other Star Ocean games before I played this one, but then the three reviews that EGM had about it made me think about that. Apparently the battle system is fairly confusing and that it depends more on luck than actual skill. Apparently the game is really, really long, as well.

I'll probably still get it anyways.

Khaotic
08-31-2004, 10:50 PM
Yeah I like longer games, if you're gonna spend xxx hours on a game, might as well make it really long and enjoyable, instead of leveling, getting all the last weapons, then fighting a boss and killing it in one hit or something. I heard the bosses are really hard as well.

Blank
08-31-2004, 11:18 PM
i agree about the bosses thing. same thing happened to me in FFX and i was disappointed. i've been keeping this new Star Ocean game in mind for a bunch of months. like a long time. i think i'll check it out.

Ellerkerm
09-01-2004, 02:48 AM
Should I get this game?

because I don't have the first two star ocean games as well.

TheAbominatrix
09-01-2004, 02:54 AM
I was going to get my hands on the other Star Ocean games before I played this one, but then the three reviews that EGM had about it made me think about that. Apparently the battle system is fairly confusing and that it depends more on luck than actual skill. Apparently the game is really, really long, as well.

I'll probably still get it anyways.

The battle system is confusing on 1 and 2, most especially because it isnt something used in many RPGs. Once you get used to it though, it's very easy. It just takes a little while. And they're both pretty long... 1 not so much, but 2 is very long. Though if you just play straight through and ignore all the sidequests, it's an average length.

These games are worth it, they really are.

aeris2001x2
09-04-2004, 07:50 PM
wow, a Star Ocean game is getting released in Europe :eek: .

do i have to have played the originals to understand the story,or is it like FF and not a direct sequal?

and ohh, it use's a real time battle systerm right? am i likely to like it if i do not like Zelda style Rpgs and prefer turn based?

TheAbominatrix
09-04-2004, 07:56 PM
There is a bit of continuity... one of Star Ocean 2's main characters is the son of the one of the main characters from Star Ocean 1. But it's not at all neccesary to know that, I played 2 first since 1 was never released in America. I played the translated rom of 1 years after.

I dunno if 3 has any connections to the previous ones. I suppose it probably does, but they shouldnt give those new to the series any trouble.

Ellerkerm
09-04-2004, 10:06 PM
How many areas in this game in total?

Do we go all the planets?

I'm on chapter 2 still(I'm not sure near the end of the chapter yet)

Khaotic
09-05-2004, 01:46 AM
umm.. im at the last area, just lvling and getting max stats ect for final bosses, theres alot of areas and its a really big game, dunno how many exactly though ><

Khaotic
09-05-2004, 04:06 AM
I beat the game, if anyone needs help you can ask me here ^_^

Ellerkerm
09-05-2004, 08:09 PM
I'm also on my third planet exploring and I'm stuck on where you have turn on two torches and stand on a line between them to make a shadow to open huge doors.

Khaotic
09-06-2004, 02:29 AM
ahh someone deleted their post and made it look like I double-posted >.< and umm.. what you just said is what you do.. so im confused, where exactly are you stuck? the next puzzle?

second puzzle you have to stand on the switch in the middle of the room, then turn off the lights(dragon heads on the walls) only 2 at a time so like.. if you want to enter the north door, which is to continue the story, you would have to turn off the two lights furthest from that door to create a shadow behind you. If the doors see a shadow they close.

tell me if thats the one u're stuck on =P

Ellerkerm
09-06-2004, 04:39 AM
Someone told me from another site to turn off all torches and that will leave that big door opened.

Khaotic
09-06-2004, 06:05 AM
I dont know exactly which part you're on, theres several different puzzles in that area, the one I think you're on now is, make sure there is no light at all, including your glowstone thing. Then the door will not close before you can pass through.

Ellerkerm
09-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Ok thanks thats all I need for now.

Ashton
09-17-2004, 11:01 PM
I can't wait to let my hands on SO3 I played the other two and I love it!
you don't know how happily i jumped when i heard about the 3rd game :D

Khaotic
09-17-2004, 11:13 PM
lol if ya need help i can help you =P I sold my game already back to the store after beating super-bosses, soo I can help with anything =D

Ashton
09-18-2004, 12:28 AM
Thanks but first I gotta get it first...So hard to get good games around here :mad:

Triple T
09-18-2004, 01:44 PM
I might get it today, since I'm going to the mall and I have money to burn...

But, do I have to play the other 2 to get the storyline?

And how much does it cost, in Canadian money?

Khaotic
09-18-2004, 01:56 PM
I didnt play the others and I understood the storyline just fine, so I doubt you need to play the others. umm.. its 50$ usd.. dunno about canadian :greenie:

Ashton
09-18-2004, 03:25 PM
I can't wait till i get it :D
And no You don't need to play the other two

Triple T
09-19-2004, 12:04 AM
I didnt play the others and I understood the storyline just fine, so I doubt you need to play the others. umm.. its 50$ usd.. dunno about canadian :greenie:

That's about 60$ :)

Thanks! I'll go get it now. ^__^