PDA

View Full Version : What exactly happens when you master all Jobs??

Sabotender
08-30-2004, 08:37 PM
Hi,
I mastered all Jobs in FF-V with all charakters.Now I use the Job "Mimic" with all charakters. Suddenly I recognized that all my chars have automaticly: 2-handed, protect,passages, counter, magic barrier...They automaticly get all abilitys you can get in the game, or just the passive ones, I dont know, I only know that I now have a couple of abilitys automaticly, which you normaly have to equip. Did someone recognized that too???
Its kinda cool!

Halenite
08-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Actually, the "Bare" class inherits all the non-action (besides Berserker's Berserk) abilities of mastered classes.

ShivaBlizzard8
08-30-2004, 11:51 PM
Right - every time you master a job, certain abilities pass on to your "Bare" character without having to equip them, like "2-handed." It's one of the reasons why people like to master all the jobs for all the characters - it helps max out the bare characters stats.

Sabotender
08-31-2004, 04:41 PM
Fwahahaha!! FINALY I made it to beat Neo-Exdeath!! FIIINNNALLLYY!! :D But...erm what is that? When I finished the fight there are some texts but they are JAPANESE?! Erm...could someone explain me that? Or could translate that please? :confused:

ShivaBlizzard8
08-31-2004, 05:42 PM
Do you mean in the ending FMV?

Sefie1999AD
08-31-2004, 06:51 PM
Fwahahaha!! FINALY I made it to beat Neo-Exdeath!! FIIINNNALLLYY!! :D But...erm what is that? When I finished the fight there are some texts but they are JAPANESE?! Erm...could someone explain me that? Or could translate that please? :confused:

You probably have an older translation of the SNES ROM. You should download a newer translation, I think EoFF has one. The texts say something like, "In the beginning, there was Void. Then, four Crystals came (or something, and they did something), and so, the world was born. Hope gives the earth fertility, kindness makers water the spirit of life, courage makes the fire burn and pursuit lets wisdom ride the winds. One day, the Void may return and try to engulf the world. However, if the four Warriors of Light hold on to the power of the four Crystals, Light will be reborn and the world will be saved." That's not even close to an accurate version of the ending texts because it's been months since I last played the game. I suggest you patch your ROM with a newer translation. Or play FF5 PSX, but that means you'll have to play it again from the scratch, and you'll also have to suffer through the loading times.

Sabotender
09-01-2004, 01:11 PM
Yeah, this is the text quite after the last boss. I have downloaded the game from this site and the emulator....hm...I think it is a older one.Couldnīt someone translate that? Playing the game again only because of that last txt would be crazy ;) . Iam new, what is this with that SPOILER?? Can I switch it off?

Sefie1999AD
09-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Sabotender: Try downloading the ROM again and probably getting a newer version of ZSNES (I recommend the Windows version). I can translate it, but it takes me a while. If you download the ROM again, you don't have to play the game again since the saves will still work. So as long as you still have the save games before the final battle, you can keep loading your game there. Spoilers are critical revelations about the storyline, and they're hidden so that people won't ruin their games by accidentally reading about some story event they haven't seen yet in the game. To use them, use the tags. I don't think you can switch them off. Just highlight the hidden text to view it.

EDIT: The texts in space. *CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS!*

In the beginning, there was Void...
Then four Spirits came
Together in this Void...
The Crystals were born,
And the world was created...

Thus,

Hope gives the Earth blessings,

Courage lights the flame,

Kindless makes water the
Source of life,

And...

Pursuit lets wisdom ride the wind.

When the day comes that Void
Shall again envelop the world...
If within people live the four spirits,
Light shall again be born...

Four Spirits,
Wandering through Void,
Shall once again,
Give birth to light...

Sabotender
09-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Thanx for translating Sephirot1999AD!! :) I think this lines was said in the game somewhere, I knew that lines. And now I know how I can read the Spoiler. Thanx. I download it again but the fact, is that it is ugly, that the text at the end is in Japanese...How could that be? When there were Signs and letters that wouldn't have any sense it would be a bug of the rom or the emulator but there where japanese signs.
Whatever I try to download it again. :rolleyes2
THANX

eestlinc
09-02-2004, 01:32 AM
Both Mime and Bare give you the characteristics of all mastered classes. You get the automatic abilities like Two-Handed, MP +30%, etc. Also, you get the best status in each category for the jobs. So, mastering Knight and then mastering Black Mage gives you the Knight's vitality and strength plus the Black Mage's magic power. You don't get penalized for the Black Mage's crappy fighting. It's pretty cool.

It doesn't change the ending except to the extent that if you have all classes mastered, it's much easier to have all characters survive the final battle and the ending is affected by who survives.