PDA

View Full Version : ff Game tournment-Grand Final

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 04:28 PM
Earth quakes and Volcanos bring the earth to ruin as the four horsemen ravage mankind and people do their best to escape their inevitable fate.

but they all stop and marvel, as the last two ff games create physical forms (Cloud V Tidus) and prepare 4 battle.

first of all, how did our finalists get here? well they were in the same group, group C at the start of the tournment. so how fitting they should meet again...

ffVII - Route to final

Group Stages

Beat ffII 3-0
Beat ffX 3-2
Beat ffIV 3-0

Quarter final

Beat ffIX 3-1

Semi-Final

Beat ffVIII 5-1

ffX- Route to the final

Group Stages

drew with ffIV 1-1

lost to ffVII 3-2

Beat ffII 3-0 (after this ffX was dead even in group with ffIV, won 3-2 in ensueing sudden death penalities)

Quarter finals

drew with ffVI 2-2 (beat ffVI 8-7 in sudden death penalities)

Semi-finals

beat ffTactics 4-2

so...finally...which is the greatest ffGame ever???

Ultima Shadow
08-31-2004, 04:37 PM
You'r so to dramatic Aeris. :eek: lol.

Anyway... my vote goes to the greatest game ever made: Final Fantasy VII.

Armisael
08-31-2004, 05:12 PM
Well my favorite is FFVIII but i must admit that FFVII is great too.My vote goes to it.

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 05:14 PM
hmm, i wonder if ffX will get a single vote?

EDIT- hey Beatrix its Kenshin in your sig!(or Shinta as he was originally called before master Hiko arrived ;) )

Armisael
08-31-2004, 05:16 PM
hmm, i wonder if ffX will get a single vote?

EDIT- hey Beatrix its Kenshin in your sig!(or Shinta as he was originally called before master Hiko arrived ;) )
Maybe FFX will get 1-2 votes.

EDIT-Yeah it's Kenshin with Kaoru, i found it pretty cool.

SpiritWolf
08-31-2004, 05:30 PM
FFX just got it's first voted courtasy of me.

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 06:47 PM
i,m sorry SpiritWolf. looks like its gonna be a slaughter-fest (like the 14-2 destuction of Atma in the weapon cup final by the ffVIII Ultima Weapon).

Lon611
08-31-2004, 07:06 PM
eh. i just gave a vote 2 ffx. sorri, but im not done playing ffvii, so, yah. that was a bad excuse, lol. COME ON FFX!!!

EDIT:even if it loses, duzn't dat make it tha second greatest ff???im still pretty happy with that :D

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 07:09 PM
well accordng to the tournment, yeah it is. though to be fair it was VERY lucky in TWO sudden death's to get here.

Lon611
08-31-2004, 07:13 PM
i don't care how it got here. it's still here :D :D :D . i call it fate, not luck, lol. im just kidding. but still, being tha second greatest is fine by my standards, tho it would be awesome to make a huge upset.

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 07:15 PM
lol. well it's a long way behind. can ffX pull off a shock???

Ultima Shadow
08-31-2004, 07:15 PM
Bah, FFVI is still the second greatest! *Start rambling about others stupid opinions being all wrong.* :grumble:

Lon611
08-31-2004, 07:18 PM
take it easy ultima. well if vi is tha second gr8est, then more ppl woulda voted for it :eek: .im just teasing. but im still shocked dat ffx made it to tha freaking finals :exdee: :exdee: :exdee:

COME ON FFX!!!!!

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 07:23 PM
lol. well it did get the same votes as ffX in the quarter finals, 2. it just squeezed on sudden death...which is basically coin flips.

Ultima is not being serious anyway Lon611 :D.

i too am shocked it got here...it could easily have gone out in the group stage. its quite an achievment.

Ultima Shadow
08-31-2004, 07:29 PM
lol I'm never serious. ;) And everything I say is a lie> Ha! Now I lied again! :p

Lon611
08-31-2004, 07:30 PM
oh ok .sorri ultima. but i was just teasing too.

well, even tho this thread hasn't been open that long, it looks like ffvii is gonna dismantle ffx. but i would open a new thread if ffx wins. it would be titled "OMG".

I WANNA SEE AN UPSET!COME ON FFX!

EDIT:it's funny cuz the polls haven't moved in either direction since i last said that :D. ok, quick question 4 aeris:it says that ffx lost a couple times (i wasn't here until tha quarter finals). well if it lost, why is it still here?or were those just preliminary 2 see who gets seeded and such?

aeris2001x2
08-31-2004, 07:33 PM
lol I'm never serious. ;) And everything I say is a lie> Ha! Now I lied again! :p

i love Paradox's like that :D .

Hey Lon611, if u did that, its likely it would not get a single vote, which is a pity.

Lon611
08-31-2004, 07:41 PM
Hey Lon611, if u did that, its likely it would not get a single vote, which is a pity.

im sorri, but ive lost all contact with what we're talking about. can someone clue me in about what the above means?like, if i did what?thanks

EDIT: okay, never mind, i figured it out all by myself, lol. well, if i made a thread after, how can tha votes still be counted?or do you mean no1 would post in my thread, rofl :p

SpiritWolf
09-01-2004, 02:55 AM
Hey I didn't expect X to make it this far so I'm pleased with it's prefomence. Although I am kinda tired of seeing VII dominate everything or most everything.

Lon611
09-01-2004, 03:33 AM
yah, me 2. but, isn't there like a gaming "preference" that the older the game, the more classic and "better". iuno.

EDIT: 8-2??!?!?!i think ffx could do better. at least 6-4. come on!!!

Trumpet Thief
09-03-2004, 08:00 PM
chaos: Crap, I should've voted waaaaaaaaaay before! FFVI and FFIV would be my votes. Ah well, FFVII is definetly one of the best, and one of my favorites. Equal to FFVIII, yet enferior to FFIV and VI. Ah well...

Rubedo: Either way, I'll vote for FFVII. Thank god they put a link to this thread in the FFX riddles section.

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally* Even though the sole purpose of that link was to make more people vote for FFX!

Trowa: *Sits and stares and sits and stares* We vote for FFVII...

aeris2001x2
09-03-2004, 08:13 PM
well ffVII was the winner by a large marjin. sort of ant-climatic, i think the biggest thing about the tournment was that ffVIII-X were revealed to have a big fan base (which i did,nt expect), ffVI is not invincibe and ffX-2 is fornately, not liked enough to win. i,d have shot myself if ffX-2 had done well.

oh and ff Tactics seems largely liked. i,m even more depressed i cant get it now...

ohh...good work ffVII...the ff game champion!!! :cool:

Ultima Shadow
09-03-2004, 08:38 PM
YESSSS!!! FFVII IS THE BEST GAME EVR MADE!!!... but I know it would win from the very begining. ;)

You seem depressed about 50% of your life time Aeris... :rolleyes2

Now, cheer up and be happy that FFVII was released in uk. :)

Trumpet Thief
09-03-2004, 08:41 PM
YESSSS!!! FFVII IS THE BEST GAME EVR MADE!!!... but I know it would win from the very begining. ;)

You seem depressed about 50% of your life time Aeris... :rolleyes2

Now, cheer up and be happy that FFVII was released in uk. :)

chaos: Don't be mean now Ultima. aeris has been ecstatic that FFVII one, and so have I! A great Final Fantasy indeed, and it truly deserved to be crowned the best one!

Rubedo: About FF Tactics. It probably had the best storyline and stuff, but I think it had one flaw. It took way too long to load. Or was it just me? Either way that game rocked too!

Lon611
09-03-2004, 08:46 PM
i know ffx is doomed, but doesn't tha poll say its closed on 9-4-04?just wondering, al tho it duzn't matter...eh, ffx is stil second best, and im happy with that... :D

maybe its a good idea to actually try and finish ffvii now... :D

Ultima Shadow
09-03-2004, 08:59 PM
chaos: Don't be mean now Ultima.
Why is everyone taking me so seriously? :cry:

Trumpet Thief
09-03-2004, 09:01 PM
chaos: Why is everyone taking me so seriously? :cry:

aeris2001x2
09-03-2004, 09:16 PM
lol. i guess its hard to detect the Difference between seriousness and light heartedness online. that why i,m always putting lol and j/k and stuff. just so i dont insult ppl by accident.

ohh i,ve only been properly depressed since i was 15. so its only about 25% of my lifetime. :tongue: