PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Way to Beat FFV Final Boss (Possible SPOILERS!)

Martyr
08-31-2004, 10:18 PM
What's the easiest way do ya'll think?

Easiest I found:

Master BM.
Get Coin Toss.
Get Lv. 5 Summon

Basically, make your characters mimics. Equip the 3 skills, Coin Toss, MP 30% up, and Summon.

All you gotta do is summon and Mimic Bahamut, and, if your MP runs out, coin toss still does over 3000 damage to every part of Neo Ex-Death per shot.

I knocked him down in a couple minutes.

Note: You will need to save a character for healing magics... I sacrificed the summon on 2 people. One I sacrificed for White Magic, the other I sacrificed for the Alchemist's Bring-Everybody-Back-To-Life skill (I can't remember the name). They can mimic Bahamut anyway.
But, I mean, you get the basic idea of the strategy here.

So, what were your brilliant strategies and ideas that allowed you to make a mockery of one of the toughest bosses in the series?
(I don't want parties you beat Ex-Death with. I want the parties you that took him apart in under 5 minutes!)

TasteyPies
09-01-2004, 01:25 AM
A weapon in each hand, X-attack, Realy high level. I was cranking about 79,992 damage a charicter. Thats 319,968 damage a round.

ShivaBlizzard8
09-01-2004, 04:26 AM
A double lance in each hand x four characters - one gets Sword Dance and the rest Mimic. Poor thing never knew what hit him.

Martyr
09-01-2004, 06:26 AM
Well... I did this at lv. 38-40.
So let's say no 80,000 damage per character. (How the- ?)
Stick to endeavors based on strategy more than just leveling and pounding.

Shiva: Wow, double lances work that well near the end? I guess so, since their damage rate is doubled, basically. And I never realized that you could mimic a sword dance. That's brilliant.
I actually beat it, the first time, with a chaacter built for Sword Dance. She had all the equipment for it, and I gave her Ragnarok and Masamune. It worked extremely well. Like, all 9s. But she only did it once (Which was really plenty, I guess). The rest of the time I tried it, I kept getting unlucky with Tempting Tangos (Which doesn't work) and Mystery Waltzes (One of the first times that I didn't appreciate this dance).
Mimicing the Sword Dance is so brilliant. And you're right, now that I think of it. Those lances ought to be totalling over 5000 per character, yea? Or was it even higher?

ShivaBlizzard8
09-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Mimicing the Sword Dance is so brilliant.

lol - thanks! I didn't know it was possible either, until I did it by accident with one character the first time I fought Neo-ExDeath. It wasn't enough that time to win, but the second time I faced Mr. Death I prepared for that strategy and he fell quick. I also dressed all my characters in red shoes and prisim dresses to up the likelihood of sword dance just in case.

Well, I think the Sword Dance was all 9s - (its been awhile since I've beaten this one - lol), so mimiced, they all did about 9999 damage per hand, per turn. I was at level 49.

eestlinc
09-02-2004, 01:37 AM
gil toss is the easiest way to beat the final boss, but it isn't especially fulfilling. Sword dancing your way to victory is more classy.

Ultima Shadow
09-02-2004, 08:20 AM
2 Blood swords and then X-figth. You'll never need to heal.

Zante
09-04-2004, 07:21 PM
Neoexdeath realy dissapointed me, he went down after a few hits with giltoss. :mad: