PDA

View Full Version : I want to make a hack

Star of Penumbra
09-03-2004, 09:42 AM
However, I don't know the first thing about hacking. I need a program that will allow me to change character, monster, skill, spell, and equipment stats (including spells taught by equipment), spell's MP costs, what you can buy at the auction house, monster battle scripts, rages and what monsters can be encountered on the Veldt (not sure this is possible, though), items won at the colluseum, Esper spells and level-up bonuses, and dialogue. If anybody is interested in teaching me or applying the changes, I'd really appreciate the help, and you would of course recive credit.

Basically, what I want to do is make the game harder. Remove the ability to equip espers for everybody except Terra, Celes, and Relm; make ONE piece of equipment for each of the other characters that teaches a few select spells (except Gogo and Umaro, of course, because they can't learn magic); raise some of the character's and ALL of the monster's stats; make some characters more useful (like Edgar. He starts to become obsolete after the first trip to the southern continent or so); and some other things.

Depressio
09-04-2004, 03:58 AM
i wanna make a hack of certain games and alter the script to make it funny. i don't know how to do that =(

DJZen
09-04-2004, 04:21 AM
Check Zophar's Domain. They have about 50 billion FFVI hacking utilities (although they're probably called "Final Fantasy 3" hacking utilities, for obvious reasons). That's where I got mine from, even though I never did anything with 'em :D