PDA

View Full Version : FF4 help

Carnage
09-04-2004, 12:55 AM
I justed started FF4 and im at a cave with the sage dude. i get him and hes at Lv.20! Leveling isnt that easy in this game either cecil is Lv16 and rydia is Lv14. Should i level up my people to match him. Also if anyone has any tips to give it would be apreciated.

aeris2001x2
09-04-2004, 01:02 AM
no i would not advise leveling up at this stage really (u have already got Rydia to a decent level so she can survive). your do fine at this stage. unlike many ff games, power leveling will oftern not be enough. its more about the tactics u use.

i would just say there r many monsters that can do devasting attacks even early on. so make sure u take advantage of all the White Magic u r given.

Takara
09-04-2004, 01:21 AM
Also, make sure your weaker characters, in this case Rydia and Tellah, are always in the back row. The enemies will have a harder time hitting them, and the damage they will receive will be minimal.

And make sure you take advantage of your enemies elemental weaknesses. In this cave, most mosters are water monsters, and are weak against lightning spells. The exception being the GiantToads (I think it's the name... anyway, the toad monsters), which are weak against ice spells. And I think there are a few undead monsters too lurking about, which are weak against fire.

Don't be afraid to use a tent and save your game when given the occasion to. :)

aeris2001x2
09-04-2004, 01:33 AM
ohh, when u r back attacked, make sure u switch the rows back as soon as possible. u can be devasted in seconds. and in back attacks or even normal attacks, DONT be afraid to run away.

ffIV is quite a difficult game...espicaly sum of the optional bosses. and the last boss is a real brute.

Carnage
09-04-2004, 02:00 AM
Alright thanks guys. I just didnt want him to bee to far ahead of my other people.

aeris2001x2
09-04-2004, 02:03 AM
well to be honest it wont matter as...

*ok only read if u want a sum spoilers. i mean it, there semi-big spoilers...

Cecil becomes a Paladin and resets his lv to 1. Rydia will leave youe party, and come back as a teenager at diff level. and Tellah dies fighting Golbez

Carnage
09-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Is it a big spoiler like in ff7 my freind told me that aeris died. it was still really sad though :( and that pissed me off.

aeris2001x2
09-04-2004, 02:13 AM
not quite as emotional as that...but still big...actually dont read. just play the wonderful game and DONT worry about the levels right now. your know why later.

Carnage
09-04-2004, 02:19 AM
kay

Edit:God dammit!!! :mad2: I thought i knew what it was so i read it noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Im so dumb :(

Del Murder
09-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Curiosity can be a dangerous thing.

aeris2001x2
09-04-2004, 05:59 PM
i,m sorry Carnage. what did u think it was going 2 be?

Carnage
09-04-2004, 06:52 PM
I thought that you told me not to worry about tellah cause when i get to that "spoony bard's" castle he left my party. i like cecils new look hes pretty strong even at level 1.lol He gained 5 levels first battle i used him goin down the mountain :p .