PDA

View Full Version : Look, this relationship isn't working.

Big Ogre Umaro
09-04-2004, 05:17 AM
I mean, I know that every relationship has its ups and downs, but when was the last time you did anything for me? You just take and take and never give anything. Well I have news for you. When you weren't around, people would make fun of you, and snicker and laugh, and when they did I defended you. And how did you thank me? Tales of Symphonia? Pikmin 2? You think that's going to solve anything.

You just don't have any worthwhile games anymore, Gamecube. And to be honest, I didn't really play a whole lot of the ones that you had. I bought Pikmin instead of ICO one day, and instantly regretted it. Now I can't find a copy of ICO anywhere. And yeah I know it's childish, but I resent you for it. Do you know what was my favorite game for you? Beyond Good and Evil. And that was for everything. Even PC.

Don't get me wrong. I loved Wind Waker and Super Monkey Ball 2. Gamecube, I really did. And that Zelda Bonus disc was just wonderful. I mean, there were good times. There were. I remember the first day I had you. How I marveled at those adorable little discs. The controller that felt oddly comfortable in my awkward hand. The quasi-secret button in the center of the disc spinner that would pop out the games. That was our little secret.

You were so full of potential! Four controller ports. I'd never owned an N64, so this was a novel concept for me. The thought of me and three friends playing your little games, and experiencing everything you had to offer...it was inticing. The GBA connectivity for extra features in games. The GBA player that would be the new Super Gameboy. The Card Reader. God, was I really excited about the Card Reader? What a fool I was.

Because you were so promising, Gamecube. You promised a lot. But you asked a lot in return. "Just buy one more accessory for me and I'll reveal to you all my secrets!" But it was never enough, was it? There was no problem that couldn't be solved by throwing money at you, but there were always plenty of problems to be had, weren't there? Pac-Man Vs, Crystal Chronicals, where did it end? It didn't end. It just didn't. We both knew it, but you kept begging for new toys while I was here wondering where exactly my life went.

I could never get into Metroid Prime. I know, I know. It was my fault. I've never been able to play any Metroid games. Even Metroid II for the Gameboy turned me off as a kid. I just couldn't get into the swing of things.

But let's face facts. We're of two different minds. You wanted Metal Gear Solid to be an impossibly difficult John Woo movie with nigh-parodic cutscenes that would be hilarious if I didn't get the feeling that the developers were being serious about things. You wanted GBA connectivity to unlock things in Prince of Persia that didn't requite spare hardware in the other versions of the game.

Whenever there were multiple ports, I always tried to play your version. I tried to stay faithful to you. But I just can't do it anymore. Last month I played the PS2 version of Spider-Man 2. Yeah, yeah I did. Well what the hell was I supposed to do!! There weren't any copies of your version at the store because you're just Miss Popular aren't you! Yeah, well my PS2 may not be as pretty as you, and its graphics may be a bit behind the times, but at least its target audience is old enough to shave!

Yeah. I went there.

Listen, the bottom line of all this is that if you're going to contune to wade though a stagnant pool of creativity, then I'm going to sell you to buy Star Ocean 3. I'm sorry it has to end this way, but you're leaving me little choice. I think that right now, what we shoudl be concentrated on is reflecting on the good times we had together. The laughs we shared. Maybe I'll see you again some day, at a used game store or something. Maybe then we could give it another go. No hard feelings, right?

No, of course not. You're a :love::love::love::love:ing piece of electronics.

edczxcvbnm
09-04-2004, 05:58 AM
But what about Resident Evil, Animal Crossing and Eternal Darkness? :crying2:

I think Pikmin is one of the best games this generation and a hell of a lot better than ICO.

Erdrick Holmes
09-04-2004, 06:00 AM
Soul Calibur II, best 3D fighter ever.

Shoeberto
09-04-2004, 06:03 AM
You bitch. I just replied in the one of this you posted at ASC. I hate you.

CloudSquallandZidane
09-04-2004, 06:25 AM
Yeh break it off dude. U know PS2 and Xbox want u, their both hotter, plus <s> and i hear they like to experiment with </s> modifications, so they are soo much better. Oh and lets not foget their both really into <s>fore</s> online-play.

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-04-2004, 07:33 AM
You bitch. I just replied in the one of this you posted at ASC. I hate you.
I agree. Please go stab yourself in the ear.

Big Ogre Umaro
09-04-2004, 07:39 AM
I just did it because I like posting General Chat threads once in a while but it's sad because Brandy and Brian never get to read them. :(

But look, now it's not even in General Chat. Life just keeps turning against me.

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-04-2004, 07:55 AM
But who cares about Brian?
Brandy, maybe. But Brian?

Shoeberto
09-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Yeh break it off dude. U know PS2 and Xbox want u, their both hotter, plus and i hear they like to experiment with modifications, so they are soo much better. Oh and lets not foget their both really into fore online-play.
Apparantly, you've never heard of the awesome badass way of playing games on a Cube across the broadband modem with an exploit in PSO ep. 1&2. If you get a program called something I won't say and hook your computer directly into your Gamecube broadband modem with PSO set to dial into your computer's IP address, you can send games across the line with no mod chip required.

But who cares about Brian?
Brandy, maybe. But Brian?
Yeah, srsly.

Del Murder
09-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Mario Party!

BatChao
09-04-2004, 10:47 PM
Cube is my console of choice, baby! So many awesome games... Tales of Symphonia is one of my fave games in quite a while... RE4 coming up... Viewtiful Joe 2 (which really isn't an exclusive, but whatever). Saying the good ol' Cube is for kids is an old and untrue thing to say. True, the GCN has more family friendly games than other systems... but it also has a crap load of teen and adult friendly games. And who says that older people can't have fun with 'kiddy' games? If you wanna sell you Cube to buy some PS2 game... that's fine. It's your loss...

SomethingBig
09-04-2004, 11:33 PM
This is almost as bad as blaming a bike-creating company for falling off of one of their bikes.

Viewtiful Joe
Link in Soul Calibur 2, which speaks for itself
The upcoming Zelda game
Metroid Prime 2
I don't understand how you could hate Tales of Symphonia at all
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
FF: Crystal Chronicles
Square's supposedly coming out with another GC-exclusive FF
Resident Evils

Erdrick Holmes
09-05-2004, 12:53 AM
Capcom Vs SNK 2: EO
Viewtiful Joe
RE Zero
Megaman Anniversary collection
Sonic Heroes
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

Big Ogre Umaro
09-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Capcom Vs SNK 2: EO
Viewtiful Joe
RE Zero
Megaman Anniversary collection
Sonic Heroes
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

Cube is my console of choice, baby! So many awesome games... Tales of Symphonia is one of my fave games in quite a while... RE4 coming up... Viewtiful Joe 2 (which really isn't an exclusive, but whatever). Saying the good ol' Cube is for kids is an old and untrue thing to say. True, the GCN has more family friendly games than other systems... but it also has a crap load of teen and adult friendly games. And who says that older people can't have fun with 'kiddy' games? If you wanna sell you Cube to buy some PS2 game... that's fine. It's your loss...

This is almost as bad as blaming a bike-creating company for falling off of one of their bikes.

Viewtiful Joe
Link in Soul Calibur 2, which speaks for itself
The upcoming Zelda game
Metroid Prime 2
I don't understand how you could hate Tales of Symphonia at all
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
FF: Crystal Chronicles
Square's supposedly coming out with another GC-exclusive FF
Resident Evils

I was trying to avoid posts like these by posting in GC. This isn't a thread about how I'm sick of my GameCube and want to trade up (although those things are true). It's not an invitation for nerds to justify their purchases and therefore their lives by listing all the reasons I'm dumb for not liking my GameCube anymore (although I do open myself up to that by posting anywhere on a video game message board in the first place). This was intended as a humor thread. And you guys nerded it up. :(

Erdrick Holmes
09-05-2004, 04:12 AM
Ogre, get an XBox. Fable comes out in about a week or two.

Shoeberto
09-05-2004, 04:53 AM
And to think you doubted me when I made fun of you for cross-posting this. Or something.

Del Murder
09-05-2004, 05:10 AM
Nerding things up is what Eyes on Final Fantasy is all about!

Erdrick Holmes
09-05-2004, 07:25 AM
Nerding things up is what Eyes on Final Fantasy is all about!

It was? :confused:

edczxcvbnm
09-05-2004, 08:45 AM
And you guys nerded it up. :(

Your on a videogame message board complaining about nerds at this point...yeah. Enough said.

If its any consolation I thought it was pretty obvious as a joke(thus my crying guy)...BUT WHY DON'T YOU LUFF THE GAMECUBE???1?1(why the 1...its not a ! its a ?...:crying2: )

Mo-Nercy
09-05-2004, 11:21 AM
PS2 has the advantage of having a lot more games and developers than other consoles although Microsoft is starting to buy things up. That's why I like my Station, one minute I can be playing my favourite arcade racer, NFSU, then my brain would be begging for the realism simulation fun of Gran Turismo 4. After a while, I'd get bored and I'd realise my true calling was for some good ol' fashion ass-whoopin' so in goes Soul Calibur 2.

Notice the games I've mentioned. Racers and Fighters. If you're a fan of these two genres as much as I am, you'd probably realise that next to the actual arcade coin-op versions, the PS2 is the next best thing. IMO, the controlled for both GameCube and XBox are not built for games where a lot of mashing and wrestling and split second reactions are required.

Erdrick Holmes
09-05-2004, 05:56 PM
In my opinion, the PS2 is starting to show it's age and the company won't be as popular as it is now in about a year. SoA won't allow anymore 2D fighterss on there console after the release of Capcom Fighting Evolution and Guilty Gear Isuka. Just image all of the royalties that can miss out from Midway, Capcom, and Sammy.

Shoeberto
09-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Call me naive...but I think that 2d fighters are really becoming a niche genre. The fans of them are rabid about it, but if you look outside, most gamers are looking for sports and actions games more than 2d fighters. Most Americans probably haven't even heard of Sammy.

The consoles is showing it's age, but then again, PS3 isn't going to be out that long from now.

I like gamecube because of Mario.

Lindy
09-06-2004, 12:21 AM
I like my gamecube, it's cute, and silver.

And it has the best controller ever.

I love my gamecube, and my gamecube loves me by giving me hours of pleasure from playing brilliant games that graphically, I would never see on the PS2.

That and I spent 100 quid on the bugger so I'm getting my money's worth out of her.

Don't get me wrong, I love my PS2 too, the sleek blackness of it just makes me shiver with delight when I press the right buttons, but the gamecube just hits the right notes and everything sings.

Maybe you just need to be nicer to your gamecube, and concentrate on the lovely lady herself, forgetting all her acoutrements, give her the attention, not all the extras. Isn't that what a relationship is all about?

Also, it's spelt Chronicles, not Chronicals.

master01
09-06-2004, 12:17 PM
it's realy funny... i liked it.

Ichy
09-06-2004, 04:39 PM
But what about Resident Evil, Animal Crossing and Eternal Darkness?

Eternal Darkness is da shiat :)

I'd spell our full SN, Ed, but it's too random. I'm far too inebriated for that ;) Wicked quote, though

BatChao
09-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Eternal Darkness is da shiat :)

I'd spell our full SN, Ed, but it's too random. I'm far too inebriated for that ;) Wicked quote, though

Yea... so sad that Silicon Knights isn't a Nintendo 2nd party anymore... I was really looking forward to Too Human being a Nintendo exclusive. :cry:

And edczxcvbnm's actually isn't as randomg as you thing. :eek:

Shlup
09-06-2004, 11:47 PM
Mikey... How could you? :crying2: What kind of world is this world without your Sunshine, Mario?

Behold the Void
09-07-2004, 12:20 AM
The only fighting game worth playing is Super Smash Bros. Melee. What system was that on again? :confused:

Super Christ
09-07-2004, 10:27 PM
I gotta say I love my Gamecube. It's the system with the most games I've felt were worth getting in ten years.

My Gamecube games: 20
My PS2 AND PS1 games combined: 16, and most of those are Final Fantasy.

And that's only games I've been able to afford, there's plenty for the cube that I want but can't afford at the moment, and plenty more coming out; Metroid Prime 2, Legend of Zelda, and Resident Evil 4 just off the top of my head. The Gamecube *almost* beats the SNES as my favorite system ever. As for the pheripals, *really* the only one you need is a GBA. And what good reason do you have for not having one of those?

SomethingBig
09-08-2004, 08:30 PM
The only fighting game worth playing is Super Smash Bros. Melee. What system was that on again? :confused:
Blasphemy. That's blasphemy to the highest degree. If the Cube is lacking something, its good fighting games. The only good fighting games it has is Soul Calibur II and, even though I think Smash Bros. is the biggest atrocity to ever hit consoles, people still like it... somehow. That's the only real problem I see with the Cube.