PDA

View Full Version : Yunalesca

Kami
09-05-2004, 01:27 AM
So... I haven't play ffx in a while. But today I decided I would continue and just go with the flow. After I finished the storyline with yunalesca, a battle began. I hesitated whether I should fight or not. I did and I lost in her 3rd form. Stupid megadeath. I could've finished her off, but i made stupid mistakes. baaaaah. can anyone help me?

Lon611
09-05-2004, 01:53 AM
2 avoid megadeath, ur supposta to keep 1 or 2 characters in zombie stance. she basically makes you immune to it!!have fun! :beer:

Kami
09-05-2004, 02:33 AM
yeah but, how to you cure everyone when their in zombie mode? My gil? i'm not sure how much i have. why?

Lon611
09-05-2004, 03:23 AM
u only cure them when they need to be cured. i suggest NOT using regen cuz itll hurt you when/if you're turned into a zombie. but she doesn't use megadeath that often, so after she does, you can take your chances. but, im not promising nething. she did it 2 me a couple times...

zoti
09-05-2004, 08:56 AM
gil = zanmato with yojimbo...

i myself didn't use zanmato...i didn't have him yet so... all of my aeons had full overdrive..and yuna with ga magic (firaga, bilizzaga ect.) i just blasted him down ;p...(2 summons in first fight 2 in second and strongest (bahmut..) in the third form..

kikimm
09-05-2004, 09:04 AM
I know you can't exactly be healed when you're in zombie status, but keep the ones with low health out of it, so you can cure them.

I never used zanmato. *shrug*

If you're Bahamut's strong (in his overdrive) then use that in the third form---that'll take her down a lot. It'd help if you had Holy too-I was losing to her until I got it.

:D

Optium
09-05-2004, 02:14 PM
OD all your aeons and characters on Mt Gagazet (or is it in Zanarkand?)
and you'll be able to take her third form down in about 10 seconds ;\

I always kept 3 people in zombie...if 1 got real low HP, you can let him die
and just Revive him or use a pheonix down, or you can holy water him and
heal him back up. In any case, the key is to get the guy with the highest
defenses and the highest HP in zombie and keep him there ;]

It took me like 8 battles to beat Yunalesca so don't get discouraged. After
7 times I decided to overdrive all my aeons and characters, I only had to
use like 2 aeons and Tidus to kill her third form ;]

.opt

stesia
09-05-2004, 03:29 PM
my Bahamut was quite strong by then so i just punched her in the head with it a few times :smash:

Lon611
09-05-2004, 10:25 PM
how much gil does it take 2 do zanmoto?i used like 100,000 one time and he did stupid wakizashi(?)

Kami
09-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Cool I beat her in the second time. :D Thanks guys! It helped alot.

sov1et
09-20-2004, 01:42 AM
In any case, the key is to get the guy with the highest
defenses and the highest HP in zombie and keep him there ;]

Yep, that was the key for me beating Yunalesca. Be sure to steal a Stamina Tablet from her early on. And then use it on your highest HP character (probably Auron; should have +4500HP by now) and it'll double his HP instantly. +9000HP should make him last quite awhile in zombie mode.

soulICE
09-20-2004, 02:42 AM
i didnt use aeons. instead, i went the loser way and leveled Yuna til she got Holy, and auto-life (i positioned Tidus near it and used a friend sphere for both to learn) and just auto-lifed everyone. it costs alot of mp for both spells, so before that i captured fiends from calm lands, macalania, and thunder plains.. im not sure which one gives you the items to give you 1mp cost, but its worth it. after that, just set everyone up with haste and auto-life. i had auto-med on some people, but its good to have people under zombie. (i prefered darkproof for the fighters and silenceproof for the mages over auto-med to keep the zombie status) when she casts regen, just use dispel. first two forms are easy, but have someone in the party with scan on their weapon while your fighting the 2nd form. when your ready to hit the final blow that will cause her to change to her 3rd, just switch everyone in who's a zombie, and/or with auto-life. just keep auto-life on.

OR, just go the easy and non-complicated method that makes more sense than my way above and use aeons. i really dont know what i was thinking. i tend not to use aeons in my games :rolleyes2