PDA

View Full Version : Dread Dragon

Benaresu
09-05-2004, 04:26 AM
Whoo hoo! I just wanted to say that I and a party of 4 others slayed the San d'Orian Dread Dragon for the first time. That was awesome. I actually feel like I've acomplished something in the game now.

Garland
09-05-2004, 10:39 PM
I beat it in a party of four also. I was a whm, and I was accompanied by a paladin and two monks. The two monks opened with 100 fists, and the paladin used invincible. It was a good thing he did too, as he was petrified within 10 seconds of battle. The two monks with 100 fists were able to defeat the eye and get the dragon nearly dead before the paladin lost hate from invincible. I only casted curaga twice and the battle was over. That was a very cool battle - cutscene and all. I want more battles like that. It's a shame I had to wait till 25 to finally fight a boss battle. At this rate, I'll not see another boss till level 50.

Benaresu
09-06-2004, 02:29 AM
At the start of the battle, as we ran in, I put the Dragon to sleep. Then we all turned our focus towards the eye, defeating him in probably only a minute. Just as he was defeated, the dragon awoke. Things were going good till the Dragon cursed us all. My WHM friend then had to use Benediction because we were all almost dead, and she had no mana left. Of course that drew an emense amount of hate towards her, and she was killed in two hits. There was nothing we could do to get the Dragon's attention back to us. Right after she died, we beat it.

And I agree, the cutscene was awsome and I wish there were more of them.

Citizen Bleys
09-06-2004, 10:52 AM
At this rate, I'll not see another boss till level 50.

{Notorious Monster} = boss. You'll definitely have to kill a few by level 50...If nothing else, BCNM, you'll need the money. Or else Porphyrion or whatever the hell his name is for Rank 4.

Grand Lethal
09-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Best I've ever done on the dragon was a party of 3: Me (25/12 thf/nin), LS memeber (25/12 RDM/BLM), and a 25/12 DRG/MNK that was coming wiht us. We had a BRD and a WHM that were supposed to be helping us, but they were both rank 2 and no one thought to ask if they were on that part of M6, and we're allowed into the circle... we sat there in the dragon chamber for about 3 minutes decideing what to do, and finally we decided to go for it and see what we could do before it killed us. To our surprise, we took down the eye very quickly (dragoon jumped it, I used SA on it and then got off Fastblade for the kill). Never did see what the RDM did to the dragon, but we weren't getting hit by it (that I noticed), I would guess that sleep stuck ^^. We turned our attention to the dragon, and the dragoon used Ancient circle, then used WS to get good hate off the bat, I snuck in behind and started whacking at the dragon until I had full TP and used SA+FB and hit for just over 170! Dragoon used WS and it was dead... I had about 80-ish health left, dragoon had just over 100, and rdm had about 70 hp and 6 mp left.

we were all so surprised that we killed it we just sat there in awe for a minute laughing about our failed atempt at a suicide mission. I think that doing that was the most fun I've ever had in FFXI to date!

Oh, and it was the Bastok dragon if that helps at all, its a pretty easy one to kill so I've heard.