PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Episode III

Precious Garnet
09-06-2004, 08:07 PM
I found a star wars episode III teaser trailer here (http://www.lathamfilms.com/ep3.html) .

You should check it out. ;)

Does anybody know where I can find more of these trailers? I looked everywhere!

escobert
09-06-2004, 08:36 PM
yeah I saw one on Ares. Looks good.

Doomgaze
09-06-2004, 08:42 PM
...And the fact it got the name of the movie WRONG didn't tip you off that it might, just MIGHT be fake?

Erdrick Holmes
09-06-2004, 10:19 PM
What is the name of the new Star Wars movie then?

Doomgaze
09-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Revenge of the Sith.

Also, the quality on the "trailer" was awful. It should have been obvious it is fake.

Erdrick Holmes
09-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah, the dude who is supposed to be Anikin in those clips looks like some dude who does crack and perfoporms dangerous motercycle stunts to sleep with women.

Shlup
09-07-2004, 12:33 AM
The clips of Anakin with long hair were indeed scenes from Episode III. That footage leaked about a year ago, though it's about impossible to find 'cause the company raped every site that had it. Notice their fighting in front of a blue screen.

What movie are the scenes with Natalie Portman from? Anyone know?

BatChao
09-07-2004, 12:55 AM
Umm... it's not supposed to be the official trailer. It says on top of the page: 'Latham INDEPENDENT Productions'. In other words, it's just a fan made trailer.

It looks pretty kewl... but then again the first two trailers also looked cool, but they were kinda sucky. Lightsaber fights are always fun, though.

Doomgaze
09-07-2004, 12:58 AM
I believe it's from Where the Heart Is, but I'm not sure. I've never seen it. I do know she played a pregnant teen in it, though.

SomethingBig
09-07-2004, 01:36 AM
There are some parts that look real enough to me, but the Natalie Portman scenes are surely not from Episode III.

EDIT: Don't know how I forgot to say this, but if you watch closely, the light saber battle is from Episode 1.

Del Murder
09-07-2004, 02:44 AM
Haha, that was awesome.

Casey
09-07-2004, 06:56 AM
Haha, that was awesome.

^ what he said. Even though parts of it look questionable! It comes out in summer 2005 to, thats long ways away...

Del Murder
09-08-2004, 01:47 AM
The questionable parts make it awesome. Walmart baby, heh.

Lindy
09-08-2004, 03:58 AM
George Lucas : "So guys, what could our gimmick be for this film?"
Staff : "Well sir, everyone hated the dual-bladed lightsaber in Episode one, and the dual lightsaber fight in Episode II, so I'd advise against anything like that"
George Lucas : "Ah! You're brilliant! Lets have a robot with FOUR lightsabers! I mean, more is always better, right?"

tomothy
09-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Walmart baby, heh.

hehee that's what i was gonna write. shhhhh play it cool :mad:

Shlup
09-09-2004, 02:06 AM
George Lucas : "So guys, what could our gimmick be for this film?"
Staff : "Well sir, everyone hated the dual-bladed lightsaber in Episode one, and the dual lightsaber fight in Episode II, so I'd advise against anything like that"
George Lucas : "Ah! You're brilliant! Lets have a robot with FOUR lightsabers! I mean, more is always better, right?"
It's funny 'cause it's true.

And sad 'cause it's true.

Lucas makes me wanna swear.

SomethingBig
09-09-2004, 02:24 AM
I liked the dual-bladed light saber. Does that make me a bundle of sticks?

CloudSquallandZidane
09-09-2004, 03:21 AM
Hopefully most of the Jedi die horrible deaths, and then i will be happy and feel like it was worth my 6 bucks or maybe i'll just download it... i have yet to decide.

Doomgaze
09-09-2004, 05:01 AM
Supposedly Samuel L Jackson DEMANDED that his character had a worthwhile death, along with his purple lightsaber with "B.M.F." engraved on it.

Cz
09-10-2004, 10:52 PM
You mean the purple glo-stick?

Meat Puppet
09-10-2004, 11:55 PM
I haven't even seen the second one, let alone the first one.

Earthworm Jim
09-11-2004, 11:57 PM
I think I speak for pretty much everyone when I say this:

I'm going to see this movie even though I know it will suck.

XxSephirothxX
09-12-2004, 03:07 AM
I'm hoping desperately it won't suck. Episode I was overall a pretty good movie...though it didn't live up to the classics. Episode II sucked major balls except for the lightsaber duel with Yoda. Hopefully this will be much, much better....

escobert
09-12-2004, 03:11 AM
I think Episode I sucked balls and II was good :D

Starcrest
09-29-2004, 08:42 PM
^^

thinks opposite of you.

i too like the doublebladed, that takes more skill then a single to use

Doomgaze
09-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Nah, it's more clumsy. More for swinging around randomly to do as much damage as possible. One lightsaber in each hand is way cooler.

Shlup
09-29-2004, 11:15 PM
I think Episode I sucked balls and II was good :D
Ditto. Mostly 'cause the Anakin and Padme thing is hot.

Peegee
09-30-2004, 12:51 AM
I'm of the Ep1 > Ep2 persuasion, since the idea of anakin being a crybaby wuss didn't appeal to either myself or my ex. Interestingly enough even after that movie I didn't wise up to MY OWN whining.

-_-

XenoSphere
10-08-2004, 02:08 AM
I highly doubt Episode III will suck.

And the big news is that the OFFICIAL teaser trailer is coming out NEXT MONTH. Supposedly it will be attached to 'The Incredibles' which comes out November 5th. :D

XenoSphere
10-14-2004, 09:24 AM
http://theforce.net/episode3/newspics/epiiibanner.jpg

:eek:

The Captain
10-15-2004, 05:46 AM
The poster looks nice, which is a plus for once.

Once again, the big problem is the character of Anakin, who in my opinion was so completely mishandled, that it's impossible to believe he's made three HUGE chracter shifts, from naive but bright child to heroic child to angst-ridden teen to bad momma jamma. It could have been done, I believe, but it wasn't done in a truly realistic fashion. The shift was too sudden from episode one to episode two that it seemed like a completely different character.

My other huge trouble with these three episodes so the actual story: We ALL know what happens already. We've known since Return Of The Jedi came out, so all the thrill, suspense and adventure is gone. I love going to see a film, like the original Star Wars and not knowing what will happen next. Sadly, I won't have that feeling at all with Episode III.

A final thought to make, at least for myself: What these episodes lacked, more than anything else, was the true passion and love of fun that the first three had. I think part of the problem is a lack of a character who is parallel to the action, there's no Han Solo. They tried to make Jar Jar Binks that character and almost completely ruined the franchise to the point where there seemed no way they could make two more films. Unfortunately, when a movie has very clear cut good guys and bad guys, there also needs to be someone in there to act as a sort of middle person, an everyman who is involved and influences the action without being completely caught up in it. There needs to be a soul and conscious that can commentate on what is happening rather than just see the good and bad. Star Wars lost its way when Lucas decided to play up the action and special effects of the film, instead of the story and characters. The first three films had it, the last two have not. I have a slight bit of hope for this next one, but I'm also very realistic that it may once again dash my dreams and hopes.

Take care all.

Del Murder
10-15-2004, 06:02 AM
Well said, buddy.

MoonsEcho
10-15-2004, 06:12 AM
This is super late, but someone had asked if the Natalie Portman scenes in the "trailer" were from the movie Where The Heart Is. And yes, you're right, they are. Sort of makes sense though. Wal-Mart has everything, who's to say they weren't supplying all the lightsabres?

:p