PDA

View Full Version : GF/Character Similarities

BG-57
09-07-2004, 01:55 AM
It's often been said that pets resemble their masters, and GF-related items like pet houses made me wonder which characters would match the GFs the most in terms of appearance and personality. This is what I came up with:

Squall: Griever
Rinoa: Shiva
Quistis: Siren
Zell: Ifrit
Irvine: Alexander
Selphie: Carbunkle

Seifer: Diablos
Raijin: Quetzecoatl
Fujin: Pandemonia

Edea: Eden
Cid: Brothers

Starcrest
09-07-2004, 02:30 AM
I guess that'd work, but would you really consider Griever a GF?

DJZen
09-07-2004, 05:55 AM
Isn't he "the most powerful GF"?

Polaris
09-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Rinoa: Siren
Quistis: Shiva

Mo-Nercy
09-07-2004, 01:26 PM
All of those seem to match. I dunno about Alexander and Irvine though. Seems to me you're clutching at straws there but I suppose it sorta works. Alexander = big cannon. Irvine = gun.

And I know Seifer's a bad guy and but he's certainly not pure evil. His personality is characterised through his loyalty, strong belief, arrogance etc. If Fenrir was in this game, I'd suggest that.

Armisael
09-07-2004, 01:28 PM
All of those seem to match. I dunno about Alexander and Irvine though. Seems to me you're clutching at straws there but I suppose it sorta works. Alexander = big cannon. Irvine = gun.

And I know Seifer's a bad guy and but he's certainly not pure evil. His personality is characterised through his loyalty, strong belief, arrogance etc. If Fenrir was in this game, I'd suggest that.
I agree.

GhandiOwnsYou
09-11-2004, 01:54 AM
I gotta agree with the "certain Gf's Match certain people" but my list is so far off it's ridiculous. I don't know WHY i assume they fit, but somehow they...do? i dunno.

Squall was ALWAYS with Shiva (and Diablos). ALWAYS. He got Bahamut towards the end of the game ninety nine percent of the time too.

Quistis ALWAYS had Quizacotl, and Siren

Rinoa was usually with Leviathin (and brothers, who i thought fit's zell more, but it was a strategy thing. hp +80% holla)

Zell got Ifrit. Not a bone in my body allows thte thought of him with another person, like Shiva and Squall.

Irvine got Alexander and Eden. Big Firepower just seemed to fit.

Selphie.... Selphie was my oddball one. Obviously she gets Carbunkel, hyper little green gerbil. the odd thing is... Somehow, when the Evil lookin Big hitters like Bahamut and Eden weren't attached to someone else.... they just went to her (along with doomtrain). Maybe it was just the irony of the "selphie the little girl likes to play HARDBALL" Then there was the whole thing with her and Ragnarok that just reinforced the "Selphie and Big Evil Dragony Things with Lasers"

And Edea and the tonberry king. lol

Starcrest
09-14-2004, 03:11 AM
in the begining of the game, like after the first few GF's, isn't there a compatabilty thingy in one of the character stat pages?