09-07-2004, 05:57 AM
Not really, no.

Del Murder
09-07-2004, 06:18 AM
Who is Amy Lee?

zacks_clone
09-07-2004, 06:25 AM
Who is Amy Lee?
Lead Singer for Evenescence(however that band is spelled).

O.o....Not at all.I dont care how much you twist her image, i dont think they will ever remotly look alike.

Big D
09-07-2004, 10:21 AM
There's at least one girl who looks a lot like Rinoa.
She's the actress who Rinoa was modelled on. The attached file is a picture of her.

Actually, FFVIII came out five years ago, so she undoubtedly looks a bit different now.

Polaris
09-07-2004, 11:06 AM
O.o, NO!!!

Armisael
09-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Guys Rinoa has black-brown eyes and she is a little thiner than Amy Lee i believe.

Optium
09-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Evanescence sucks.
Nothing in any Final Fantasy game ever should be compared to something
so terrible.

Ever.

.opt

Armisael
09-07-2004, 08:37 PM
Evanescence sucks.
so terrible.

Ever.

.opt
Why do you hate them so much?

Optium
09-07-2004, 08:44 PM
They're a terrible band.

And contrary to popular belief, Amy Lee can't sing. Her voice sounds
somewhat cool in songs but, much like other pop stars, it's pretty much all
digitized.

.opt

Armisael
09-07-2004, 08:45 PM
I guess everyone has his opinion.

Polaris
09-08-2004, 09:42 AM
They're a terrible band.

And contrary to popular belief, Amy Lee can't sing. Her voice sounds
somewhat cool in songs but, much like other pop stars, it's pretty much all
digitized.

.opt

How can you say that? Amy Lee rocks... she was ill when she went to sing in Rock in Rio and instead of cancel the concert she sang and made an enormous sacrifice!

aeris2001x2
09-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Evanescence sucks.
so terrible.

Ever.

.opt

i,m angrey enough 2 flame u, sensible enough 2 not do it 2 avoid banning, and mature enough 2 recognise your opinion.

i,ll just say that just because she cant sing live does not make her suck. the only music that comes close to evanescence greatest songs are Nobou Uematsu,Yoko Kanno(Greatest Anime music writer) and some classical.

while not as complicated and musically talented as many, Amy lee,s ability to create emotive music is top notch, particulary in some of the demo stuff. the original version of their song , UNDERSTANDING, has reigned at the top of my personal song chart for about 1 year now.

Your entitled to your opinion i guess and if u have formed a proper opinion then thats fine. if u have not got passed the *Bring me to life-linkin park wannabe, pretentous pop rock attitude* however, then i am furious.

note, the start of my last sentence dictates that everything i write is opinion. i just cant be bothered to write this every sentence.

Psychotic
09-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Amy Lee doesn't look like Rinoa.

Oh, but while I'm here...

while not as complicated and musically talented as many, Amy lee,s ability to create emotive music is top notch

Her songs don't make me feel any emotion, so I guess her ability to create emotive music isn't top notch after all. And please don't say I'm just one person. I am, but I'm sure there are many others that don't feel a thing when she sings her songs, so please don't make such assumptions. Have a lovely day :)

aeris2001x2
09-10-2004, 08:31 PM
i said u r entitled to your opinion as long as its a proper opinion. read what i say, i did not assume anything. diss evanescence unfairly, and i will smite your body on the mountainside.

EDIT-i,m sorry. i take back my flaming comment. i,m very angrey but the red haze is starting 2 go now.

note- dissing unfairly IS possible. those who diss unfairly r those who have assumed Bring me to life is all they are...u cant judge a band on one song.

if u have listerned to the whole albulm, or there demo stuff...or at least My Immortal, then thats a FAIR opinion.

Psychotic
09-10-2004, 08:40 PM
By saying that she has "top notch" ability in creating emotive music IS assuming people feel emotions when listening. And many do not.

And no-one can diss Evanescence unfairly. They can say what they want about Evanescence, and if it's negative, they can still say it. And you then threaten violence, or at least whatever smiting people's bodies on the mountainside means, if people don't like them. Sounds "unfair" to me.

aeris2001x2
09-10-2004, 08:46 PM
...sorry

SeeDRankLou
09-10-2004, 10:00 PM
And contrary to popular belief, Amy Lee can't sing. Her voice sounds somewhat cool in songs but, much like other pop stars, it's pretty much all digitized.
Really? I recently went to see an Evanesence and Seether (sp?) concert. While Seether performed better, I though Amy Lee sang brilliantly. When she sang My Immortal, she might as well have been lip syncing it (she wasn't, it was a bit off, but not enough for me to care). And to end the show she and Seether performed Broken, and again wonderful performance. I think she has an awesome voice (key phrase "I think").

From afar Amy Lee and Rinoa might look alike, but there are too many differences up close for me to say they look similar.

Optium
09-10-2004, 11:36 PM
While I am a fan of Yoko Kanno and Nobuo Uematsu, I can still name
hundreds of bands with much greater musical abilities in one member of
the band than Evanescense has in their entire group.

In any case, we don't need to make this into a "but it's just my opinion"
thread, neither of us will change ours and when it comes to music my
opinion is divine (of course this is my opinion) and thus I can come off as
hostile. It's probably best to just ignore me whenever the topic of music
comes up because chances are I'll just call any band you like shitty. :p

.opt

PS, I've heard My Immortal...and not the crappy remix with the band, just
the piano version. I've also heard the original demo of Wake Me Up, the
version without the Linkin Park white boy rapper in the background.

aeris2001x2
09-10-2004, 11:44 PM
lol. fair enough...

i like the seatbelts, will u disagree :D

Trumpet Thief
09-11-2004, 01:42 AM
Evanescence sucks.
so terrible.

Ever.

.opt

Rubedo: *agrees*

Trowa: I was never fond of Evanescence really. I don't know why, but I thought that their music sucked, and they just seemed annoying.

Leene
09-11-2004, 09:51 AM
No way,Rinoa(although i hate her,) is more beautiful than Amy Lee.
I totally agree with Optium about Evanescence.

SadisticStreetSoldie
09-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Amen to that. This is really off-topic but I just had to post that Amy is is plain uglay and a crappy singer in reality. She needed so much help with her vocals they basically just drowned her voice with effects. I hate it so much when people think that she's Evanescence. She is just the singer and a selfish, stuck up frontwoman. Chester Bennington is twice the frontperson she'll ever be. Unlike her he doesn't copy Christina Scabbia or anyone else, he can actually sing, he gives his bandmembers credit and actually acknowledges them and lets them accept awards, answer questions in interviews and stand in the front in pictures. With her it's all me me me. Anyways Mike Shinoda looks more like Rinoa in some photos. And Divinity, she isn't that great. She's just a snobby bitch who thinks she's too good for the people who made her aka her fans. Chester finished a two month tour and he had a :love::love::love::love:ing hernia he waited three months before having an operation all because he actually cared about his crew. Now that's a sacrifice.

aeris2001x2
09-13-2004, 04:42 AM
hey why is everyone Evanescence bashing?:D

IMHO Linkin Park and Chester dont hold a sparkle to Evanescence and Amy Lee. i agree Chester can sing well on record (but live he is worse then amy lee live).

and why do ppl compare these two bands? they r almost completly different...

DJZen
09-13-2004, 06:29 AM
Similar target demographic; angsty teens with disposable income.

aeris2001x2
09-13-2004, 05:28 PM
i suppose u could say all Nu-metal has that target demographic.

damn i wish i had disposible income.

Shockwave Pulsar
09-13-2004, 08:13 PM
Oh my god, Evanescence nu-metal? I BELIEVE they're more like pop-rock with a bit of gothic wannabe.

Dante WolfWood
09-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Umm, Chester Sounds GREAT Live, I dont know who you think you heard. and as for Amy Lee, I thinks shes beautiful and not a bad singer, BUT, I do Feel sorry for the band member she recently dumped(Dont know his name) If I were him, I woulda quit a LONNNNG time ago but he stayed...shows his dedication to music.

(If you have heard My immortal, you notice how brutal she talks about the guy in the song, It was targeted at him I believe.)

aeris2001x2
09-14-2004, 02:51 AM
if u are talkinng about Ben moody, he left out of choice. and the song was written a LONG time before he left.

if your talking about previous band members from the Origin days, maybe.

and the beauty of my Immortal is the ambiguity of the lyrics. being a poet, i love songs that can be shaped to have personal significance to yourself. and i,ve found at least 5 diff interpretations.

yeah i,ve heard Chester live, hes good at times, but when it comes to the high notes he screws up and sounds awful, like Amy Lee does imho.

i dont really mind as NO ONE i know likes Evanescence. u see i DONT follow the crowd, i like what i like. Evanesence to me, are just Divine. i dont have to excuse my likes, which many ppl i know seems to impliy i must. give me them over ANY modern Metal anyday (and believe me, i,m VERY picky with metal, so it must be special to me if i like it).

its cool to like such an unpopular band :cool:

Rusty
09-15-2004, 08:33 AM
Rinoa and amy lee don't look the same at all. Rinoa is way more beautiful I think.

I dont really like Evanescence either, I find them boring. But no offence to anyone who does like them :)

Heartless
09-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Rinoa and amy lee don't look the same at all. Rinoa is way more beautifuk I think.

I dont really like Evanescence either, I find them boring. But no offence to anyone who does like them :)
Exactly my lines Rusty... :D

aeris2001x2
09-15-2004, 02:26 PM
WOOT! i,m still the only Evanescence lover. i feel so special :D

Polaris
09-15-2004, 02:30 PM
I love Evanescence and I always will and Amy Lee rock!!!!!! :tongue:

aeris2001x2
09-15-2004, 02:31 PM
cool, a fellow bretheren. :cool:

Iceglow
09-15-2004, 06:00 PM
On Subject: No they dont look similar at all ok just no

Off subject:

Ive seen over 300 bands live and cant name them all but I'll tell you one thing only a few bands come close to sounding like they do on albums live in my opinion (without miming) these include Slipknot, Muse, Linkin Park (didn't believe it til I saw it) InMe (they're actually better live than recorded). Evanescence doesnt sound as good live as on their albums but they are a good band. Also as for all these stupid little idiots who say "We're alternative we don't listen to the music you do" and support bands like Linkin Park when they aren't big then immediately turn on them the moment they reach number one in the albums chart Up Yours! Sorry everyone but you turn your backs on every alternative band that makes it really big as soon as it happens even if you owned all their CDs or Mp3s and posters / t-shirts I'm alternative and I'm not particulary the angsty teen I'm 19 now and you know I don't believe that crap that a band makes it big therefore they're no longer alternative. I'm still a Linkin Park fan have been ever since I heard their stuff from before they were Linkin Park, I'm also an Evanescence fan. My message is if a band can move you and make you feel something or even if you just like the sound yet cant connect then just cause they've managed to do the impossible and make it big in a market full of crap by Gareth Gates and other wanabees that mime then don't just turn your back Alternativism is not being different it's not about not being one of the crowd it's about liking what you like cause you like it and screw those who don't like your taste, if they really want to get to know you they'll take you as you are feth knows my mates arent Linkin Park fans and very few are Evanescence fans either but it don't matter.

PS. Name me one non industrial goth club that calls itself alternative that hasnt over the last two years played 50cent In Da Club or Eminem Sing for the moment I don't know of one and they certainly arent considered alternative by the general public hell theyre not even rock

Turk
09-15-2004, 08:09 PM
no...and i think the only final fantasy game where the people look asian is ffx, in my opinion.

SadisticStreetSoldie
09-21-2004, 02:09 PM
That's true and I've just realised that Garnet kinda looks like Rinoa's little sister...and that I need a life. And if you want to hear to a real voice full of emotion then listen to Nine Inch Nails or Lacuna Coil or heck even Christina Aguilera is better than Amy Lee. That bitch of a 'rock queen''s voice is just basically the same is EVERY SINGLE SONG

Faith Chama
09-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Do you think Amy Lee look like Rinoa?
:P
Not really. Just the index finger trend. (http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:XHBTRnYsKh4J:strefa.rockmetal.art.pl/ankieta/amy-lee.jpg)

Rinoa_Galatea
10-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Enough of discuss 'bout Evanescence's songs.... that's not this thread theme. However u must be calm down cuz everyone has their favorite music, u can't change that, besides why don't u all underseand that? I love Evanescence, so as Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Rammstein, Fear Factory etc... people I know likes Shakira or Britney Spears, & I don't do a problem cuz I like other kind of music.
Back to the theme, Amy Lynn Lee & Rinoa Heartilly have their differences, Amy looks a little bit like Rinoa, but she'll never be or look or whatever like Rinoa. Admit it. Someone that I really looked this morning like Rinoa is an actress (I can't remember her name), I saw her in the 'Satan's school For Girls' movie, the principal actress. In some program she was Prue, Piper or something like that.
:moomba: -The Offspring . Gone away- :choc:

nik0tine
10-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Evanescence sucks.

.opt