What is your best team members and what abilities do you have

Mo-Nercy
09-07-2004, 10:55 AM
I used a speed freak team.

Forwards: Tidus, Datto
Midfield: Linna
Defense: Naida, Brother
Goalie: Miyu

I prefer this team because at low levels, the Midfielder Linna dominates with Nap Shot 3 as a starting ability and Miyu is probably almost the best goalie at the time. Tidus has Sphere Shot which will be the best shot until mid-levels. And of course, Brother is always gonna be a great blitzer, since he can play in any position except Goalie. I realise that he is better in Midfield but it's probably better to have an average (speed-wise) midfielder and a fast defense to bail the ball out and drive it back up to the forwards.

In the mid-levels, Brother and Naida start to grow heaps. Naida especially, she becomes faster with a really strong ATK. She also benefits from an early Wither Tackle 2 which doesn't sound that good but remember, she is VERY fast. Miyu loses out a bit but the speed and strength of these defenders cancels the goalie out anyway.

In really high levels. Datto shows some killer speed and becomes an awesome forward. Tidus shows off Jecht Shot 2, the most useful shot in the game. His lack of speed is made up for by his super duper defenders-taking-out power.

Project G
09-07-2004, 01:40 PM
I have:
LF:Wakka
RF:Letty
MF:Tidus
LD:Shuu
RD:Jassu
G:Keepa

I keep Tidus in MF because he has jecht shot 2 so when he gets the ball at the start he does that, plus Wakka has Aurochs Spirit.
As far as I know, Shuu and Jassu are possibly the best in defence due to their high attack power with Nap, Wither, Venom and Drain Tackle 3

Old Manus
09-07-2004, 04:50 PM
MY TEAM

LF: Tidus
RF: Berrik/Wedge
MF: Letty
LD: Zalitz
RD: Linna
GK: Nimrook

My team is around lvl 40

My recommended starting team (Luca - until you get better players) would be:

LF: Tidus (with Jecht Shot)
RF: Wedge (starts with sht:17)
MF: Letty
RD: Jassu/Botta
LD: Zalitz (very high atk and blk)
GK: Jumal (high catch and starts with super goalie)

All those players can be found in Luca.

Useful Players

Zalitz (Luca)
Wedge (Luca)
Jumal (Luca)
Linna (Macalania Temple)
Miyu (Moonflow)
Wakka (Airship)

Tips

Sign good Al Bhed psyches players (Nimrook, Berrik) as soon as you can.

Aurochs Spirit is only very useful if you have a lot of the original Aurochs on your team.

Learn invisible shot and Sphere shot as soon as you can.

Midfielders should have high pass stat and high endurance.

To get low level defenders better, get a good lead, then have your defenders pass the ball to each other to get experience.

The more skillful the move, the more experience earned.

ShivaBlizzard8
09-07-2004, 04:56 PM
My team dominated the blitzball turf, going undefeated for the enite game (meaning the 50-odd games I played to win that blasted Jupiter Sigil). It was composed of:

Right Forward: Tidus
Left Forward: Wakka
Midfield: Brother
Left Defense: Jassu
Right Defense: Letty
Goalie: Miyu

Tidus was a great scorer from the start, since his Jecht Shot took most defenders out, and later in the game his Sphere Shot put his shooting stat over 40, and no goalie could touch it. I used him almost exclusively for shooting, however, since his passing sucked. Tackle slip helped him out a bit.

Wakka was also a good shooter, and again served mostly for that purpose with Wither Shot and Spin Ball, because his passing and defense are terrible.

Brother completely dominated the field as center, leveling up past everyone until his level was in the 50s by the time I quit playing. He was so fast no one could touch him, had enough defense and passing points to survive hits by at least 3 opposing team members, completely knocked opponants out with one tackle, and stole the ball almost every time it was tossed his way. With anti-wither and venom he was pretty safe, and tackle slip avioded him almost all impediments. It was wicked.

Letty and Jassu were about the same. Both had really good passing numbers, and their endurance was good. They also had plenty of passes and level 3 tackles, and tackle slip helped them out.

Miyu was an excellent goalie from the start - almost nothing got by her, especially after learning grip gloves and super goalie. She also came with anti-almost everything, which made her a powerhouse.

Halenite
09-07-2004, 05:23 PM
I've just stuck with the original Aurochs, and I have yet to lose a match.

Project G
09-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Datto is the fastest character in my game with 84+ speed

Project G
09-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Well my tactic is if Tidus is in LF, pass to him then go to the goal with his high En, and sht. But when he is in MF, I use Jecht shot 2 at the start.

Cloud man 1989
09-27-2004, 12:33 AM
Ive only won one game and that was against the kilika beasts(go figure). How do I get new players and how do I actually get their levels up. oh yeah if you actually do the jecht shot mark 3 or w/e when you are on the boat do you get it? One last thing what do you get for winning the tournament if you win it the first time in luca?

Halenite
09-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Dangit!

I finally lost a match against the Al Bhed Psyches!

Though having Datto replaced by Wakka actually helped.

Auronhart
10-28-2004, 04:42 PM
LF Tidus
RF Larbeight (Really high sh and en)
MF Linna (high sh and other stats (except en), I often shoot with her almost from kickoff)
LD Ropp(highest at)
RD Kiyuri(powerful defense stats)
G Nimrook(best goalie)

TheSpoonyBard
10-29-2004, 04:38 PM
It's all a matter of personal choice. All I'm going to say is these are the best players at the respective levels;

Lv. 1-30
LF: Tidus / Wakka
RF: Vilucha / Linna / Shaami / Wedge / Eigaar / Blappa
MF: Kiyuri / Svanda / Brother / Berrik / Rin
LD: Ropp / Judda / Lakkam / Doram
RD: Kyou / Zalitz / Naida / Balgerda
GL: Nimrook / Durren / Jumal / Yuma Guado / Miyu

Lv. 31-60
LF: Tidus / Wakka
RF: Vilucha / Argai Ronso / Basik Ronso / Linna / Shaami
MF: Kiyuri / Svanda / Brother / Berrik / Tatts
LD: Ropp
RD: Judda / Irga Ronso / Linna / Naida / Wedge
GL: Nimrook / Yuma Guado

Lv. 61-90
LF: Tidus / Wakka / Nedus
RF: Vilucha / Argai Ronso / Basik Ronso / Linna / Shaami / Larbeight / Isken
MF: Vuroja / Kiyuri / Linna / Mifurey / Svanda / Nav Guado
RD: Kulukan / Judda / Irga Ronso / Nav Guado
GL: Nimrook / Nizarut

Lv. 91-99
LF: Tidus / Wakka / Nedus
RF: Vilucha / Larbeight / Isken / Shaami / Linna
MF: Vuroja / Kiyuri / Linna / Mifurey / Svanda / Nav Guado
RD: Kulukan / Judda / Irga Ronso / Nav Guado
GL: Nimrook / Wedge

ninja-yuffie
10-31-2004, 12:47 PM
lv 60-80 (thnk you for the like lv thing)

i cant remember the positions there in but...aaaahh well..

tidus
linna
brother
jassu
shaami
jumaul- i KNOW he's in goal