PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 4

Project G
09-07-2004, 01:53 PM
I think that is a class game!!!! Anyone agree

Mo-Nercy
09-07-2004, 02:04 PM
I've never played Silent Hill 4 but I have played the second and third of the series. Personally, I've always been a Resident Evil guy but the latest one is actually quite a disappointment (because here in Australia, we don't get online play.)

In my opinion, Resident Evil is a lot more fun but Silent Hill is scarier. So yes. A class game indeed.

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Silent Hill 4 isn't out yet, guy.

Levian
09-07-2004, 09:12 PM
I agree with Spiff.

Giga Guess
09-08-2004, 05:39 AM
I've read the script, and did some ground work on it. I dodn't think it'd be as creepy if you had someone there, but...yeesh. Not looking forward to the evil spirits, though...

Project G
09-08-2004, 01:44 PM
I played a demo

Seifer
09-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Not out yet? It's out today, I'm pretty sure. Some stores had it yesterday, even.

Levian
09-08-2004, 03:15 PM
The European release is 24th or 25th of September. I forget.

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-08-2004, 05:37 PM
OH SHNAP I GOTTA GO GET IT I DIDNT THINK IT WAS OUT TIL OCTOBER

Giga Guess
09-08-2004, 11:37 PM
If memory serves, it may very well be out here...if brand spankin' new...I may have to look.

kikimm
09-08-2004, 11:42 PM
I'm prtty sure the little gaming store down the street has it already. I'm definitley checkin it out, after I beat the third one.

:D

Giga Guess
09-08-2004, 11:44 PM
I really need to actively work through the series. I've started both 2 and 3...

escobert
09-09-2004, 03:56 AM
There was a silent hill 3?

Giga Guess
09-09-2004, 04:22 AM
Indeed. It picks up 17 years after Silent Hill 1.

SomethingBig
09-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Silent Hill 4 looks too creepy for me to play alone at night. But I'll still get it.

Germ Hamee
09-11-2004, 05:04 PM
I just got it last night. I haven't played too much of it, but I love what I've seen so far. Lots of chin scratching moments. :) It also seems to be far more story driven than the past few. I'm used to only running into a cutscene once every hour or so, but they seem to be popping up all over the place in this game.

The only bad thing I've noticed so far is that it's starting out kind of slow. I'm happily absorbing everything like a sponge, but a person that's not really a silent hill fan might lose patience and quit playing early...

kikimm
09-12-2004, 12:15 AM
I just got it last night. I haven't played too much of it, but I love what I've seen so far. Lots of chin scratching moments. :) It also seems to be far more story driven than the past few. I'm used to only running into a cutscene once every hour or so, but they seem to be popping up all over the place in this game.

Awesome. They storylines in these games have been excellent so far; the more the merrier. I really need to go pick this up...

Aurey
09-12-2004, 01:14 AM
Sadly, I won't be getting Silent Hill four just yet. This month's all hectic for me it being the back to school month and everything. And the places where I would normally rent video games don't have it yet. Hopefully they'll have it next week.

I really want to play it, even though I've spoiled it for myself because I have no self control. Eheh..

Giga Guess
09-25-2004, 01:55 AM
Yeah, me too...but still, I spoiled Silent Hill 2 for myself, and it's still scaring the bejeezus outta me...so...

Aurey
09-25-2004, 12:27 PM
Yeah, me too...but still, I spoiled Silent Hill 2 for myself, and it's still scaring the bejeezus outta me...so...

Everytime I play Silent Hill two I end up scaring myself silly because of all of the noises. And the last time I played it I noticed more noises in the hotel and had to stop playing it because it was just too freaky. :P

But anyway, the same thing happened to me when I spoiled three for myself. I played it five hours straight the day I got it and nearly shat myself dozens of times because of those goddamn closers. *shudders* I have no doubt that I will love Silent Hill four, but I really need to stop spoiling the games for myself before it even comes out in my country. D:

Giga Guess
09-25-2004, 03:49 PM
Heh. Fair enough.

Lindy
09-29-2004, 10:16 AM
The holes, oh god the holes. The game is just all about holes.

That and melee weapons, it focuses more on those than guns, which makes a change. Silent Hill 3 was all "OMGBIGGUNSWTFSUBMACHINEGUNS", and now Silent Hill 4 you have an inventory limited to 10 spaces, and each clip of ammo takes up one space.

Deeply, deeply unfair.

That and the reality-defying ghosts =(

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-30-2004, 08:56 PM
Yeah. This one was pretty dissappointing for me. Not bad, just... dissappointing. I dunno. It just didn't feel... Silent Hill... ish....
It was pretty damn creepy though.

Lindy
09-30-2004, 11:59 PM
It gets more Silent Hill after you've gone through all the worlds and seen all the 4 sacraments die, then some serious sheet hits the fan and the worlds become like the silent hill dark world we all know and love.

That said, did anyone else notice the siren that plays every time Henry enters a world for the first time? The same one that plays in the first Silent Hill to signal the defeat of a boss and the switch from the light world to the dark world.

And the same siren that plays in SH2 sometimes too.

Also, after you play it more, it'll explain why there are ghosts around, and what they are exactly, heh, count carefully and you'll see there are exactly 18 ghosts in the whole entire game.

The story is pretty damned awesome once you get into it, and links back to all three Silent Hill games.

Zell's Fists of Fury
10-01-2004, 05:52 AM
The ghosts scared the shit out of me the first time I saw them.

And I agree the story was great, but I still didn't feel like it fit in with the other Silent Hills. Maybe the lack of radios or something. I dunno. I can't put my finger on it.

But don't get me wrong. I loved the game. The music was wonderful.

Lindy
10-02-2004, 02:25 AM
The radio was there, just it was in Henry's head. But, the fairly obvious sounds when there were monsters around was there, and ghosts especially.

What I didn't like was the lack of enemies in the worlds, the first time round at least.

Or the lack of some of the brilliant things SH2 had, like when you first saw that monster moving away into the mist, and you try and follow it but it's gone, and THEN...

I did like it though, and I liked how it all linked in. Did you see the careful links like... Frank Sunderland the Super, he had a son and a daughter-in-law, and his son was missing. Funny, James from SH2's surname was Sunderland. Pretty snazzy I'd say.

Aurey
10-02-2004, 03:16 AM
Well, I was finally able to rent Silent Hill four.

I'm not too far in, but I like it. It can get annoying and sometimes really frustrating (for me, atleast). While change is sometimes good in games, somehow I really don't think changing Silent Hill wasn't a very good idea. Don't get me wrong, I love four, but I just don't feel scared nor do I get all twitchy after I play several hours of it. :P I don't like how it's basically focused on melee. Yeah, it's fun kicking the crap out those zombie dogs with a steel pipe, but I rather they go back with fewer monsters and more riddles. I miss the riddles. And the flashlight. And wandering in a empty street full of fog and suddenly hearing your radio go psycho because a monster is close by, of which Silent Hill four lacks, but truly needs.

Like I said, it's a good game, but I hope for the next Silent Hill they go back to what it used to be.

kikimm
10-02-2004, 11:59 PM
Hrmm......I still haven't picked it up. or the third one...heh. I'm more than a little broke right now, so that poses some sort of a problem.

I'm still just as excited to play it though. They characters, and plot too, look interesting. Which is a good thing, if I may say so.

Levian
10-05-2004, 05:14 PM
I bought it today actually. And I have to agree with Reyn. It did start off very slow, but I'm an SH fan, so I'll manage. The monsters are nasty though :/ Probably because I'm playing the game on normal. Damn those ghosts :/

Lindy
10-06-2004, 10:41 AM
It's much better, dare I say it, to start the game on easy so you can get a feel for the new system and stuff, and so you know what to watch out for when you play it on normal.

That said, I played and beat it on normal first time, it was tough going, but it was worth it for the chainsaw =)

Oops, did I let that little secret out...

geannaweed
10-21-2004, 05:08 AM
i played it and im almost through with it. ;)