PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts

Mikztsu
09-07-2004, 05:11 PM
From my LJ

Just wondering.

It seems like in my life, or todays society it's so hard to get to know new people; everyone's busy with everything. For that I mean, if I possibly wanna find a counterpart one day. I mean, where to get to know these girls? Not surely at University, since everyone I know there -- im not interested at all. The only places I can think of, are nightclubs. Wow, sluts and lots of them. Not all of course. But I don't like being around drunken people when I, myself, am not drunk. And I'm not that keen into drinking myself anymore.

So how to really meet people? Should I just go to talk to random girls at city I don't even know? No thanks. This is a dilemma for me, how to find a nice girl I could get attracted to.

Yes, I know many are just gonna say "it will just happen", but I'm just not sure.

Polaris
09-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Yeah people seems to be alot of busy these years but I know only people from my last school more than half of the school and in this one I don0t know almost nobody coz there students only want to got o the disco and I can't go there so I stay in home or in EOFF (much better than discos)... if you want to meet girls and boys here in Portugal got o the disco!

Polyonymous
09-07-2004, 05:54 PM
dico huh..... no thanks.

well im not sure what to tell you other than go to the grocery store. they dont call it a meat market for nothin! :D but really you should go somwhere that others gather like the library or somethin. i really shouldnt be talking though seeing as how i have girl trouble too

Shadraque
09-07-2004, 05:58 PM
From my LJ

Just wondering.

It seems like in my life, or todays society it's so hard to get to know new people; everyone's busy with everything. For that I mean, if I possibly wanna find a counterpart one day. I mean, where to get to know these girls? Not surely at University, since everyone I know there -- im not interested at all. The only places I can think of, are nightclubs. Wow, sluts and lots of them. Not all of course. But I don't like being around drunken people when I, myself, am not drunk. And I'm not that keen into drinking myself anymore.

So how to really meet people? Should I just go to talk to random girls at city I don't even know? No thanks. This is a dilemma for me, how to find a nice girl I could get attracted to.

Yes, I know many are just gonna say "it will just happen", but I'm just not sure.

That's a good point. I'm a church goer, and I met my wife there. It was pretty easy. We have the same basic beliefs and standards, similar family backgrounds and it wasn't too hard to agree on what we wanted family wise etc.. etc.. We were engaged after 3 months and married 5 months after that. It's been sunshine and lollipops ever since. Well just kidding, marriage is still work, but it's awesome.

I distinctly remember wondering how I would have met someone in any other situation. No wonder everyone else in the world dates for like years before they finally get married. If one meets people in a bar, what are the chances that they will match up personality wise, let alone in the fundamentals that are most important to him/her.

I simpathize with you.

Leeza
09-07-2004, 06:09 PM
well im not sure what to tell you other than go to the grocery store.

A lot of guys seem to do this because I've been hit on many times in grocery stores. I guess it's a logical place because everyone has to eat so everyone is there at one time or another. It's easy enough to start a conversation there as well because you can ask her for help or advice on almost any item in the store and take it from there.

Armisael
09-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Why don't you go to cafeterias?-don't know if i wrote it well-I think that youth people go there very often,it's really a very crowded place.
But if you ever come to Greece you should go to the beach,there are a lot-and i mean A LOT-girls there.

Skogs
09-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Work, I guess, would be a place to start. Quite a few of the relationships I've come across have between friends of friends.

Rainecloud
09-07-2004, 07:06 PM
If they're not browsing the Internet or using their LiveJournals, they must be somewhere.

Have you tried looking outside of your house?

Mikztsu
09-07-2004, 11:27 PM
But if you ever come to Greece you should go to the beach,there are a lot-and i mean A LOT-girls there.

Been there....but I was like 10 years old :P I'm sure they were pretty hot!

Yeah Rainecloud, thanks for your great advice. :rolleyes2

Del Murder
09-08-2004, 01:51 AM
Hey it works for me, I don't like meeting people.

Ki Ki
09-08-2004, 02:54 AM
Why don't you get a part-time job in a nice cafe or restaurant. The girls there should be pretty cool.

Public pools?? Beaches?? Or why don't you join one of those group session sort of things. Foreign langauge classes? I meet alot of people through those kinda group classes.

Meat Puppet
09-08-2004, 03:36 AM
When you figure it out tell me.

Armisael
09-08-2004, 08:47 AM
Been there....but I was like 10 years old :P I'm sure they were pretty hot!

You should come and see now. :D

Silmaril
09-08-2004, 01:33 PM
I thiknk getting a part-time job would be nice. I don't know why but I think you should go to a library. You could find a girl who shares your interests and is smart.

Xander
09-08-2004, 08:39 PM
The only place I ever end up meeting interesting people who actually share my interests is the net. And its not such a bad place to meet people. You could just look for people with interests similar to yours in your area then arrange to meet up IRL or something.

I think it's better to find people who you connect with rather than settling for people you don't really like just cos they are around, even if the net is the way you can do that. But then stuff does happen when you don't expect it to. I never go out that much but I've still managed to meet my previous boyfriends somewhere, even at work once xD So it could happen anywhere.