PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VI Low Level Challenge (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

Necronopticous
09-07-2004, 06:17 PM
Has anyone attempted the low level challenge for Final Fantasy VI?

I have been cracking at it for a few weeks now, I am finally at the last boss. If anyone else has attempted this I would love to compare experiences, or if anyone is interested in trying I would love to help you out if you have any questions.

For those of you who are new to this, Low Level game basically means going through the game and beating it at as low a level as possible for all of your characters. There are 2 really helpful and informative guides at GameFAQs to get you started or help you out, I would suggest only referring to them if you get stuck, it's more rewarding to figure out how to win on your own, even when faced with a terrible disadvantage.

Another reason to attempt this challenge is that at the end of the game you'll be able to have all of the espers and be at extremely low levels, which means you'll be able to reap the benefits of having all of the esper's stat mods at level up. For instance, you'd be able to have odin and get +1 to speed mod for 93 levels straight if you wanted, making all of your characters speedy freaks, something you wouldn't be able to do otherwise. Basically this challenge will provide you the tools for making the most powerful parties legitly possible.

Oh yeah, I'm new to the forums, probably the biggest square freak I know. I'm a fan of eyesonff, just never posted before this.

Zante
09-07-2004, 08:02 PM
How did you get that far? Some monsters can deal a lot more damage that the starting HP of the characters is. And since you can't boost it with materia or junction, I'm clueles. :confused:

Oh, and welcome to EoFF.

Ultima Shadow
09-07-2004, 08:32 PM
The doom trick could make some parts pretty easy. GLR, remember that you only are going to face bosses, no random encouters. I would like to try this out someday. But not rigth now.

The final boss however... is immune to the Doom trick. When I played my no Esper, first weapon and first armour challange, then I used Shadow to trow all the most powerfull weapons on the boss. Relms sketch could also be used to cause some pretty good dammage. Gogo, miming Shadows trow is also powerfull and since Shadow can block attacks with interceptor, you could make him pretty hard to kill if you also equip him with a good sheild.

Necronopticous
09-07-2004, 09:03 PM
This will probably leave you baffled, in the low level game, vanish / doom trick for bosses is PROHIBITIED, you have to win fair and square, no throwing super balls, no using bought rods for spells, etc.

At the last boss my party is all level 7 and they have about 150-200 hp. There is ALWAYS some way you can set up your party to win, regardless of level. As SharkESP says in his guide, you will lose if you are not prepared, not because you are not a high enough level. There is always some way to win even against that damn Imperial Air Force (God that was a pain in the ass)

This challenge has been a really rewarding experience for me, it's easily the toughest FFVI challenge, if anyone is interested in starting a lowlevel ffvi game, let me know, I'll be happy to get you started and give you more tips than you'll probably ever want to hear.

Ultima Shadow
09-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Good. I don't like ufair battles. Atleast not when the player use them. baffled? I guess this challange could be alot harder than the level 1 Ozma challange in FFIX... maybe it's even harder than Emerald and Ruby without materia? And Omega and Ultima without stats junctioning, only first weapons + no drawable GFs and no card refining... Hmmm... I really need to try this out!!! :)

But I don't want anyones help when I try it. I always want to do everything myself. :p
But charing experience is fun. Tell me when you beat the final boss. Hmmm... the fanatics tower...

Oh, and ofcourse it's possible. There's a way to counter every boss. If there's an FF challange that's possible, but that I still can't complete... I'm going to hang myself. :p Ok, not really... but I never give up when it comes to FF challanges. I could try a battle in 3100 hours and still don't give up. :tongue:

Necronopticous
09-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Give me feedback on your progress, oh and just so you know, the hardest battle in the entire game (in my opinion) is the first ultros battle, I was literally screaming out of frusteration after about 2 hours. Although this is also the greatest relief when you beat it, don't get discouraged =P

Here are the official rules, if there are any.

(From rjpageuk / Crinkles guide on gameFAQs)

-Do not throw rods that were bought
-Do not throw elemental shields
-Do not throw superballs
-Do not use vanish/magic to win a battle
-"Psycho Cyan" is considered a glitch and may not be used to win a battle

(End excerpt)

You should also know that there are a few places that are FORCED experience, the best way to do this is to unload it all on one character (preferably Gau since he can be lept off and left to exclude his level into the re-averaging process of levels when you pick up a character) For the record, these forced experience times are as follows:

(From rjpageuk / Crinkles guide on gameFAQs)

MagRoaders: 2054 Exp Points.
Spit Fire/Sky Armor: 6450-7150 Exp Points.
Dahlings: 2302 Exp Points.
Still-Life: 2328 Exp Points.

(End excerpt)

Good luck!

Ultima Shadow
09-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Don't worry. I'm used to "long battles with many tries." However... I won't start this at once... as I said earlier. But I hope to start in 7 days. I tell you when I start. What about Atma?
How would you rank his hardness compared to the other bosses? (Atma is my fav boss in FFVI.)

Oh, and thanx for the info. I keep those things in mind.

Necronopticous
09-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Well there is 2 atmas, the first time you encounter him on the floating continent he's pretty tough, he has a few moves that can wipe out your whole party but with wall rings on everyone you'll be pretty much resistant to his regular magic. He is one of the few bosses you have to beat by rasping and osmosing him to death, when Atma runs out of MP he dies. There are definately much tougher bosses, but he's no pushover.

The second time you fight him he is an optional boss on Kefka's Tower, I didn't have many problems here, I think I beat him my first try because I had economizer, gem box, life 3 and 128%+ magic evade so he basically couldn't hit me, and when he did I was instantly revived and could recast it on myself.

Necronopticous
09-08-2004, 01:31 AM
I fought Kefka again today, I thought I would chronicle the last moments of a 3 hour battle, I just got unlucky...

For your viewing pleasure:

Here we are, things were looking good, I had a couple of ultimas hitting him for nearly 2000 damage each hit, that was, when he wasn't busy destroying me.
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/necronopticous-annihilated0.jpg

He unleashes Goner, this is probably the 5th or 6th time he did so, no way around it killing everyone, but I got my 2 active characters on life 3 right after.
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/necronopticous-annihilated1.jpg

Yay, saved by life 3 again, everything is okay, right?
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/necronopticous-annihilated2.jpg

WRONG, right after my Life 3 hits, the bastard casts Meteor, my ATB bar didn't even have time to raise before he used it. At this point, I'm screwed.
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/necronopticous-annihilated3.jpg

Every one of those celestial chunks must have hit me right in the face, because this did about 10000% more damage than I had HP.
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/necronopticous-annihilated4.jpg

The tragic ending, and I WAS SO CLOSE!!! Expect to see a screen like this one plenty of times if you try the Final Fantasy VI lowlevel game haha.
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/necronopticous-annihilated5.jpg

Ultima Shadow
09-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Yea, I know that you can rasp their MP to kill them... but I'll try to beat them by dealing dammage.

lol. I've experienced that atleast 12 times. Knowing that, whatever you face, is going to die in a few hits... and then... *all characters die because of some **** attack.* GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
But sometimes that's just fun... :lol:

:rolleyes2 > :screwy:

Necronopticous
09-08-2004, 04:17 PM
I BEAT IT LAST NIGHT!

I decided to rasp away all of Kefka's magic before he started using Goner + Meteor so I wouldn't experience another impossible spell combo like above, it took _forever_ to rasp away all of his MP, I don't know how much he has, but it's ALOT when you're only rasping him for 50-60 mp each time.

Again, I took some screenshots to chronicle the great success!!

-

This is beautiful... First the Goner message...
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/necronopticous-success0.jpg

Whoops! Looks like you don't have enough MP for Goner! Better luck next time!
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/necronopticous-success1.jpg

Terra + Ultima = Rules, even at level 7.
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/necronopticous-success2.jpg

GLORIOUS part 1
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/necronopticous-success3.jpg

GLORIOUS part 2
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/necronopticous-success4.jpg

Ahhh, time to relax knowing I've finally finished this challenge! What a great day.
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/necronopticous-success5.jpg

Good luck to anyone who trys, the whole challenge was great fun, frusterating at times, but fun. Okay enough for now!

Ultima Shadow
09-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Time to do the next challange... same but with solo character. lol :p

I guess his MP is like 9999 or something.

Necronopticous
09-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Well, I beat Kefka with 2 characters =P And with a combined total of 2 hp between them, hahaha.

I just checked on his MP, he actually has 38000 O_O Maybe I would have reconsidered my strategy if I knew that from the beginning. Wow... That means that was about 691 rasps I had to dish out... Maybe closer to 650 with the spells he casted while I was rasping him.

Ultima Shadow
09-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Is this your first "FF challange" or have you done others?

Oh, really? I thougth the max MP a boss could have was 9999.

Necronopticous
09-08-2004, 04:33 PM
This is my first ACTUAL challenge, typically I go through the game when it comes out without any help to get everything out of it, then I re-play it with a strategy guide and get everything and max my game out (collect all items, highest level, strongest everything, all side-quests done, etc.) Then I will occasionally come back and play through it again to experience the story again. Challenges never really appealed to me, actually I only did this one because it's the only way to get ultimate characters in Final Fantasy VI, which is my next stop! But actually now that I had so much fun in this challenge I might do others, which one would you suggest next? What's the most fun?

Ultima Shadow
09-08-2004, 04:50 PM
This way, this easy game acctually becomes a challang instead of the easiest of all the FF's. This is how to go: All the characters must have only their first weapon trough the whole game. Cards is not allowed to be refined into items. You is not allowed to draw from enemies or bosses (neither GFs or Magic), only drawpoints or refine items into magic. And finally... are you ready? ...Only junction Ability (mad rush, darkside etc) is allowed. No other forms of junctioning. No magic junctioning to boost stats and not even those 20%str and Auto-protect etc junktionings are allowed.

So mainly... your party have their first weapons... low stats (suprisingly useless attack command) and more limmited amount of Magics and GFs + can't get 100hero from the Laguna card :evilking: . In the very begining it's not so hard but since the monsters also lvl up...

And finally... defeat Omega and Ultima Weapon this way (without "the end" ofcourse).

I made this challange a pretty long time ago. It's far from the hardest but (in my opinion) by far the funniest. And Omega Weapon (who use to ba a patetic ant) is actually EXTREMELY hard when you battle him in this challange. And Ultima Weapon... is a hell as well and require alot of luck.

Also, there's a FFVII challange which is to beat the game without materia, only first weapon and armour + solo character. That's pretty hard.

You could also try to beat Emerald and Ruby Weapon without materia.

If you want to know a challange for some specific game, then just tell me.

Oh, and did you beat the fanatics tower?

Necronopticous
09-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Sounds cool, Final Fantasy VIII is one of my favorite games of all time, maybe I will attempt that challenge. Oh, and yes, in my Low Level game I defeated all bosses and did all side quests. Fanatics tower included, it was actually incredible simple. First time I moogle charmed to the top, although I went back to fight magic urns so gau could learn his magic urn rage and I killed all of the level ** magic enemies also, Level 90 magic is the only challenge.

Magimaster is a PUSH-OVER :P

Okay time for me to take off, I'll be back in a few hours.

Ultima Shadow
09-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Ops... I completely forgot that the moogle charm existed. Yea, FT is very easy with moogle charm. :p

Necronopticous
09-09-2004, 03:25 AM
It looks like no one else is interested in Low Level games ; ; I was really hoping for more interest haha, oh yeah. You can't win em all, eh?

Ultima Shadow
09-09-2004, 02:50 PM
I, forgot to tell you... aeris2001x2 will do this... but not as a challange... he just want to get all the stats boosting espers before he level up... so I guess he won't beat the whole game at low levels. He wants to max the stats of the characters as much as possible. He just hasn't been online since before you made this tread.

aeris2001x2
09-10-2004, 07:45 PM
i,m interested and posted yesterday but it got deleted and i,m too annoyed 2 repost just yet.

Flying Mullet
09-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Yeah, few posts got lost. Bummer. :(
Anyways, I'll justsummarize my thoughts and what I can remember with: This challenge looks interstering, I'll have to try it after I finish up my walkthrough for my site.

Necronopticous
09-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Posts lost, saddening... Oh well, the main thing is that I made this college to answer questions, show how my game turned out, how you might aim for yours to turn out... OH YEAH and to show off. =P

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/necronopticous-collage.jpg

Enjoy!

aeris2001x2
09-10-2004, 09:28 PM
wow, that is SO COOL! Necronopticous= ffVI GOD :jap: .

i,m just wondering what is the ULTIMATE LOWEST level i can get to the WOR with all 14 characters and all espers?

i really want all characters 2 have 100% complete under there names in the bonus section (on the psx version). how do i achieve that?

Necronopticous
09-10-2004, 09:32 PM
If you look in my collage you will see the lowest levels I could possibly attain for all characters, I had all espers at this point and all side quests and side bosses beat, etc. A guide on gameFAQs says you can have most of your people at level 6, but I honestly can't imagine it, I did EVERYTHING I possibly could to get those level 7s, So 6 is the lowest possible, 7 is the lowest probable... And even that was a pain in the ass at times.

Also you should know that some characters will inevitably be higher... Like I said, my levels are pretty much the lowest, if anything subtract 1 level from mine and you _MAY_ be able to achieve that. Don't ask me how though, this was the best I could do in all circumstances, or so it seemed /sigh

FINAL FANTASY VI GOD! I don't know about that, but thanks for the kind compliments! I am definately the Final Fanasy God (of freaks that love Square with an undying passion) =P

aeris2001x2
09-10-2004, 09:37 PM
yeah i think the colleage looks correct. its just u mentioned earlier u put all the forced exp on Gau. thats why he is so high right? i was wondering if i could just spread it across all characters.

Necronopticous
09-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Here is the thing, it's FAR better to put all of the EXP on Gau because you can leap him off at times when you pick up characters and their levels are re-calculated. If you distribute the experience, be prepared to have lots of level 10's etc. It's an okay choice to let Gau have the experience because even at the first point where you have to gain experience you already have the Zoneseek esper, which means you can equip it to him to get +2 to magic when he gains those levels. Since you'll probably raise magic on him at the end, there is no esper that gives more than 2 to magic, so it works out anyway.

aeris2001x2
09-10-2004, 09:53 PM
wow u really know your stuff. thanks. i feel i have the confidence 2 try this now.

Necronopticous
09-10-2004, 10:15 PM
Glad I could help, I am in total support of this challenge, so if you have any other questions I'll be happy to answer them. You should know that I originally started this challenge for the same reason you did. But I think after getting all the way to the end, you'll do just like I did. Branch off and have one file for finishing the game lowlevel and one for making ultimate characters. The reason is, it actually is alot of fun to do this, and you will want to finish after coming so far so you can brag about it =P

I hope you go all the way through on it. But it's up to you of course =P

EDIT: I plan on really sitting down and figuring out the best way to spend every level up wisely and really figure out what stats will produce the best characters I can possibly have, I already took Terra to level 99 with Odin equipped the whole way just to see how crazy it would be to have an insanely fast character, I put haste on her and used all +speed equipment, it was pretty awesome... But that was just a test. If you want to sort it all out with me sometime maybe we could both come up with a way to produce the best end results. Let me know.

Flying Mullet
09-10-2004, 10:20 PM
i really want all characters 2 have 100% complete under there names in the bonus section (on the psx version). how do i achieve that?
To get your characters 100% they must have all magic and have learned all abilities for their special "action", i.e. all blitzes for Sabin, SwordTechs for Cyan, etc... I don't know if Gau has to learn all the Rages for 100% but I think so. Also, I don't know if you must be level 99 to get 100% either.

Necronopticous
09-10-2004, 10:23 PM
I personally dislike the PSX version. In fact the only PSX re-release I loved was Final Fantasy IV because the load times. I mean... It's not really that bad, but it adds up and it just starts frusterating the hell out of me, I'll take original cartridge or emulation any day. Nothing is better than emulation because you got easy access to screen capture, and as you know, I LOVE ME SOME SCREEN CAPTURE!

Ultima Shadow
09-10-2004, 10:38 PM
To get your characters 100% they must have all magic and have learned all abilities for their special "action", i.e. all blitzes for Sabin, SwordTechs for Cyan, etc... I don't know if Gau has to learn all the Rages for 100% but I think so. Also, I don't know if you must be level 99 to get 100% either.
Do you mean that the % not is based on stats?

Well, I want to begin with this challange as soon as possible... but first I have to complete my SMRPG without equipment challange.

Necronopticous
09-10-2004, 10:43 PM
I don't know much about the PSX release, as I only played through it once on PSX and then put it down because I couldn't possibly go through it again so tediously, but I highly doubt those percentages are based on stats, most likely skills and magics learned, as Flying Mullet said.

aeris2001x2
09-10-2004, 11:05 PM
well it cant be, cause most characters learned EVERYTHING, and they were no where near 100%. its so annoying. only Gogo and Umaro have 100%.

Flying Mullet
09-11-2004, 12:07 AM
I'll take original cartridge or emulation any day. Nothing is better than emulation because you got easy access to screen capture, and as you know, I LOVE ME SOME SCREEN CAPTURE!
So emulate the PSX version.

Do you mean that the % not is based on stats?
Yeah, 100% is not based on stats. It's impossible without a game genie to get 255 of each stat as there aren't enough levels to gain the stats at each level up.

aeris2001x2
09-11-2004, 01:03 AM
So emulate the PSX version.

Yeah, 100% is not based on stats. It's impossible without a game genie to get 255 of each stat as there aren't enough levels to gain the stats at each level up.

BUT there must be an absolute maximum amount of stats u can give your ppl that the game recognises. it may not be 255 everything, i,m thinking there must be a certain absolute lowest u can get through the game at and absolute maximum number of times u can use espers to increase stats at lv up (say 93).

if its not based on stats...what is the % based on exactly?

Necronopticous
09-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Okay, I'm starting my analysis on how to produce the "best" characters. If anyone has any input please let me know, I'd hate to miss something. If this comes out good enough we can make it into a guide =P

Okay so far I've made these tables showing everyone's stats as they are at the end of my game, I've listed the espers that are worth using and their @levelup modifier. The amount of points each character has was calculated 99-(character level) to show how many possible levels they have to attribute @levelup modifiers to.

The HTML file is the attachment

Ultima Shadow
09-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Ok, I just beated SMRPG at level 27 and without equipment. I'll be starting this challange tomorrow.

Necronopticous
09-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Nice, I look forward to hearing of your progress =P

Ultima Shadow
09-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Just beated Vargas. :cool: The worst problem so far is the money. I have to steal from the random encounters and then sell what I've stealed if I want to buy something. It's a very slow way to get money. :rolleyes2
But I've alot of patience. :D

Necronopticous
09-16-2004, 06:03 PM
As far as money and AP go... You'll learn to love the Veldt... =P

Ultima Shadow
09-17-2004, 08:01 PM
Ok... I just beated the phantom train. Ultros was pretty tough. He took me 11 tries! :eek:

Necronopticous
09-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Yeah he's a pain in the behind. One of the worst bosses you'll face. Nice job on your progress. I was curious, what medium are you playing this on, emulator? Original? Psx?

Ultima Shadow
09-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Orginal. I don't really know the differences.

Necronopticous
09-17-2004, 09:55 PM
I was wondering if you on emulator, because if so we could have swapped save states at the end =( Oh well.

Ultima Shadow
09-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Ok, I just defeated Kefka in Narshe.

Oh, that's to bad. But I can write down all my stats and stuff when I'm done if you want.

Necronopticous
09-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah, that would be great. I'm glad to see you're progressing =P I just wanted to inform you, since I don't know when you'll get there, but there is a really involved methodology that goes into picking Shadow up at the beginning of the Floating Continent. To keep true to the challenge you have to leave Gau in the veldt so his levels won't factor in to Shadow's when you pick up him up, but since you'll probably need Gau get past the Imperial Air Force you have to skip him the first time, jump back onto the airship at the end of the floating continent, leap off Gau, jump back onto the continent and then you can progress. Just making sure you don't make the mistake I had to replay hours of gameplay because I originally screwed up. Also be aware that the imperial air force will make you want to pull your own skull out of your head and smash it against the screen, yes it's THAT frusterating, be prepared =P

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Thanx for the info. I'll keep that in mind. Hmmm... was a while since I played this game last time... I don't remember much of air force... is Gau really that necessary?

aeris2001x2
09-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Thanx for the info. I'll keep that in mind. Hmmm... was a while since I played this game last time... I don't remember much of air force... is Gau really that necessary?

potnetially so! Air force was the only enemy in the WOB to make me see the game over screen. not 2 mention u have ultros and chupon before it too. goodluck...
:eek:

Necronopticous
09-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Gau is one of your best characters for awhile, especially in the World of Balance because you should have him learn all the rages you possibly can, rages like Marshal and Stray Cat are priceless because they let you do moves like Air Slash and Cat Scratch which are high damaging moves you wouldn't be able to even think about doing at the levels you're at. You can also get lots of rages that will let you cast tons of second level spells you would never be able to cast with your MP like Gau will. His Marshal rage is going to be pretty important for beating the Imperial Air Force... You have to fight about 8 consecutive battles, each one is a pincer attack, and there is 3 strong enemies in each battle. They can use the move ABSOLUTE ZERO which will indefinately kill all of your members in one hit. This is my advice, make someone extremely fast with equipment (Locke is probably best for this) Then equip him with the Siren esper so right at the beginning of every battle have him cast Siren for group silence. Now that you can't be killed by Absolute Zero, have gau rage marshall and hope you can stay alive. A couple of air slashes should take them out. Good luck on this, I had to try this part numerous times, because if you screw up you have to start all over, and you have to fight bosses right after you kill the air force, so if you lose to them, you have to start all over. It's a huge pain in the ass. I would say it's probably up there with the first Ultros, maybe even harder. I'm not sure.

Flying Mullet
09-21-2004, 06:23 PM
A question on strategies and such: Do you typically earn as many spells in the WOB as you can in the Veldt? Or is Gau strong enough to hold the party up on his own?

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Ok, I think I'll be using Gau... but I'm going with my own strats. :tongue:

Necronopticous
09-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Nah, Gau is pretty handy at times, but you need more power than that, especially on a few bosses which you have to drain their MP to death. Personally, every time I got a new esper, or new possibility for giving someone a spell, I took it and everyone always had every spell they could possibly have at all times. I wanted to be very versatile if I had to be. I'm sure you could probably get by without being so... Complete... A few of the members I never even used, but they still knew everything.

Ultima Shadow
09-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Now I'm in the empire base! Just beated Ifrit and Shiva. But it took me about 4 tries because of Ifrits blaze attack which killed my whole party in 1 hit. :cry:

I think Ultros second battle was the easiest boss so far... if you not include the first boss that is.

Necronopticous
09-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Yeah I had a little bit of trouble with Ifrit and Shiva also. Well it looks like you're going to be getting to the mine cart ride soon. Forced experience sucks, eh? Try to let Gau take a majority of this exp, it's no easy task, but the more he gets the better. Equip him with Zoneseek so he gains +2 to magic for each time he levels up during this. GOOD LUCK! I sure needed it.

Ultima Shadow
09-23-2004, 09:37 PM
I killed all the tunelarmours with only Gau alive but the last one before the boss. I used Gaus bomb rage since it absorbs fire dammage and the tunelarmours use fire and fire2 alot. Beated the boss on my second try. I had more problem with the crane things but i beated those too. I'm currently collecting magic points and GP in the Veldt.

Necronopticous
09-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Cool! What strategy did you use for the cranes, just out of curiosity?

Ultima Shadow
09-23-2004, 10:01 PM
It was pretty much about luck. :p Edgar had the autoreflect relic so he didn't get hit by the magics and I had Gau with the bomb rage. Since Gau was healed by the right crane he didn't die and I focused on the left one first. The Blaze attacked did about 800+ dammage to the left one and I got that earth snake summon with Setzer once. However, when the left crane was killed I only had Gau and Edgar alive. Gau died once because of Iron ball but I revived him and I was lucky because the crane used a phsycical attack that was blocked by sheild and then I healed him with a potion and used the Marshal rage and Chainsaw until it died.

Necronopticous
09-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Wow, nice job! That battle was tough!

Ultima Shadow
09-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Indeed it was. By the way, I got a question on the FFX challange. Check it out and answere. :hyper: :excited: :hyper: :excited: :hyper:

Ultima Shadow
09-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Ok, i'm in the emperial base again. The emperor want peace and all that stuff.
I spended more than 1 hour in the Veldt just because of the money.

Necronopticous
09-27-2004, 02:04 AM
There is a way to talk to talk to every soldier without gaining 1 exp during this part, if you can't figure it out let me know. It's pretty tough to get them all since you can't run from the armored magitek

As far as I know none of the guides on the low-level game even know how. I had to figure out a way myself.

Ultima Shadow
09-27-2004, 06:37 AM
Hmmm... yea I'd like to know how to do with that armour guy. Smoke bomb? No... that doesn't work either, does it?

Necronopticous
09-27-2004, 07:48 AM
The only way is to save him for last, wait until it's about 10-15 seconds left, then talk to him, enter the battle and when the timer runs out, the battle will end as if you killed him and then continue on. You'll recieve no exp, but the counter will rise as if you won, everyone else you can run for and it counts like you beat them. It's funny running from someone like a coward and having them say "Ugh... You are stronger than I thought..."

Enjoy =P

Ultima Shadow
09-30-2004, 06:50 AM
Okay, I haven't had much time lately (damn home work) but I've got to the fire eater. Tried him once before I shut down and the first thing to happen was that he killed my party with Fire Ball. :p

But I'll take him down later today.

Ultima Shadow
09-30-2004, 08:07 PM
As I said... I would take him down and so I did. And Ultros as well. I'm right after the battle with Ultros.

Necronopticous
09-30-2004, 09:50 PM
bwahahaha, gotta love it. "Uncle Ulty REALLY WANTS YOU TO PAINT HIS PICTURE!"

Ultima Shadow
10-03-2004, 07:08 PM
It's going very slow... I've had alot to do lately. :mad:

Well, I'm messing around in the Veldt right before the battle with... AIR FORCE!!! :eek:

Edit: I hate those thing that's messing around before Ultros and Chupon... :mad:

Necronopticous
10-04-2004, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I refer to that whole part as "The Imperial Air Force" because it's lot of battles linked together with no where to save in between. This part was crazy hard. (Reminds me of my NSGIENC FFX challenge experience now ><) I want to give you one hint to save you some frustration I unfortunatley dealt with for hours before discovering it. The Siren esper is PURE GOLD in those pre-Ultros and Chupon fights, it will silence the whole screen so they can't use that Absolute 0 crap on you. Make sure to equip Siren on someone with REALLY high speed so that they can get that off at the beginning of the battle before they get a chance to use it on you. I chose Locke with all speed benefitting equipment, GOOD LUCK!

Ultima Shadow
10-04-2004, 10:37 PM
I've already figured that out. :p But sometimes I'm STILL not fast enough... even though I have running shoes equiped.
And another pain-in-the-ass thing is that I'm putting all my EXP on Gau which means I have to kill Locke and Strago in every battle before I beat them. :mad:

Edit: HOLY CRAP!!! I BEAT IT!!! AND I BEAT AIRFORCE ITSELF ON MY 2nd TRY!!!

Seriously... you won't belive how I did it! :p

Try to guess which one of Gaus rages I used. :D

Necronopticous
10-05-2004, 04:01 AM
Stray Cat?

Ultima Shadow
10-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Nope.

The battle took more than 1hour... but I didn't even have to touch the controller much at all... :D

Rhinox!!! I rasped the airforce MP, so that it couldn't use that fire-based beam thing, with Locke and Strago.

Now... airforce only had missile, rocketlaunch and "thunder-based" attacks left. *insane laugh*.
Rhinox absorbs thunder and... I don't know why but ALL the missile and rocketlaunch attacks missed ALL THE TIME!!!
It seemed like the Rhinox thing was immune to the missile attacks. All airforce could do was miss and heal me!
However... the problem was that both Locke and Strago were killed... and the Rhinox rage olny seem to use Life3 or phsycical attack (man, why didn't I put Gau in the front row?)... for like... 92-100dammage... :rolleyes2

Necronopticous
10-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Hahaha, you're crazy man. That's awesome though! Enjoy the world before it ends! Oh yeah, and I hope you didn't already get Mog :eek: You're supposed to wait on him until one of the last characters you pick up in the World of Ruin since his level will be significantly higher than the rest of your characters and will factor into your World of Ruin characters if you pick him up in the World of Balance. It's best to choose the Gold Hairpin instead of him... Seems harsh, but Gold Hairpin is much more useful than he is... And plus, even if you let him fall to his doom, you can still pick him up in the World of Ruin later =P

Ultima Shadow
10-05-2004, 05:38 PM
lol, yea. No worries, I've not picked him up. I almost completely forgot about his existence. :p

Necronopticous
10-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Don't forget the gold hairpin, it can come in handy!

Ultima Shadow
10-11-2004, 09:08 PM
Ok, now I'm in WoR. And I have to say that I actually found Atma to be very hard.
Oh, well... I didn't rasp him... I wanted to beat him by doing dammage... well, anyway... :D

Necronopticous
10-11-2004, 09:15 PM
I rasped him... Didn't find him difficult at all with this method.

Ultima Shadow
10-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Yea, I know rasping him is the best way to go but I just HAD to beat him the normal way. :D
It's something I have to do evertime I battle Atma/Ultima Weapon. I just HAVE to do it the hardest way. :rolleyes2
And meteor killed me atleast 7 times. :rolleyes2

Ultima Shadow
10-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Haven't had the time to play for a while but I've just beated Phunaba(or whatever its name was)
Felt like my first very easy battle in AGES! :greenie:

Necronopticous
10-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Yeah, Phunbaba was pretty predictable, plus he couldn't kill more than 1 member at a time, I didn't have trouble with him either, although he did take a long time to beat... You're talking about the first time you fight him right?

Magimaster 2
10-20-2004, 09:59 PM
It is refreshing to see how people is trying to beat this game with as little level as possible. I always thought this game was too easy, so I went and did a hack for this game to make it harder. First of all, most enemies do not give any experience, and the very few that do are certain bosses, later on the game. Oh, and forget about that funny trick of using Vanish then Doom/X-Zone, cuz it won't be working here ;)

I throwed in some advantages, since the game gets too difficult, like getting great weapons, armors and relics in battles just by winnig a battle or by stealing. And you can be assured to get 9999Hp and 999MP for any character at level 99, so you don't need to use Espers for that.

Some powerful non elemental magics are harder to get, and Ultima CAN NO LONGER BE LARNT FROM AN ESPER NOR FROM THE PALADIN SHIELD. There is a way to learn it, but it's hard. Oh, Ultima can be cast by using Ultima Weapon (I corrected the name from Atma) as an item, so it "won't kill everybody but the caster after it is automatically cast four times", like when you cast it normally.

Tyranossaurs and Brachosaurs give maximum experience, but they are insanely harder now. Forget about fighting a single Tyrannosaur in the forest (you know what forest), because I have only left the pincer attack formation, and you will fight Brachosaurs more frequetly (they are so hard that I made the Boss battle tune play when you encounter them). You get to fight another boss in that forest, the Czar Dragon. It was a boss that didn't make it into the English version of the game.

I make Edgar have General's Leo Shock command, since it looked so good ;) I had to sacrifice the Item command, though.

I made a lot of other modifications that I can't remmember now, but the most obvious would be the Spanish translation. Maybe I could work on a hack in an untranslated version of the game, if there is enough interest. You let me know. I anyone is interested in this hack, you can send me a mail to magimaster_2@yahoo.com

Be seeing you.

Flying Mullet
10-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Magimaster 2, if you're into a challenging FFVI, check out i90east's expert version thread at http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=50626.

Currently he's taking input for version 3. If you haven't played version 2, you should, it's a lot more fun and a lot more challenging.

Magimaster 2
10-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Will do ;)
Thanks.

Ultima Shadow
10-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Ok. I've got the airship and all that stuff and I've also got Gau, and Mog. I was extremely lucky on the boss in the treasure chest right before Dullahan... I didn't know that Edgars chainsaws instant kill worked on it! :D

Necronopticous
10-22-2004, 07:17 PM
You've got lots of frusterating stuff ahead of you, phoenix cave = hell.

Ultima Shadow
10-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Yea, that place must be a real pain... :eek:

Necronopticous
10-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Inescapable battles = hell

Ultima Shadow
11-05-2004, 02:18 PM
Sorry for the late reply here but I've had a whole lot of other stuff to do.
Well... I've finally got Shadow and I'm about to face Phunaba (or whatever its name was) for the second time.

Super late edit: I just discovered that I forgot to mention the last parts of my progress in this thread. Anyways... I completed this challange months ago, but because of lack of free time while doing this challange, this thread kinda died and once I got back to playing the challange I didn't bother to revive it. :greenie: