PDA

View Full Version : Cloud cosplay

katana
09-07-2004, 11:07 PM
To be exact, AC Cloud cosplay. I need help!!!! I've already got a buster sowrd, but does anyone have tips on the costume. http://media.adventchildren.net/wallpapers/site/ac_poster_1024.jpg (Here's) a good pic in case no ones seen him yet.

Big D
09-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Your hyperlink is a little off:p the text and URL are in the wrong places.

Cloud's costume shouldn't be too hard to make. The jumpsuit will be easy - just find a pair of dark blue overalls and cut the sleeves off. As long as they're the type of overalls that zip up the front, they should be ok. They need to be fairly baggy around the legs, but a snugger fit up top. This could be achieved by buying a pair that'd fit a tall, slender person. If you can't find something in a suitably dark colour, you could simply dye a pair that's a lighter colour.

Boots - black leather. Simple enough.

That just leaves the armour and braces. Cloud has a large-buckled, thick black leather belt. Attached to it are two leather braces that go up over his shoulders and join together at the back. There's a heavy clasp at this join, where he carries his sword. On his left shoulder is a single piece of curved metal armour. The belt should be easy enough to find; braces could also be either bought or made from extra belts. The armour could be made by bending a piece of metal that's been cut to the right shape - imagine a letter D that's been curved into a semicircle. This could then be rivetted onto the left shoulder of the braces.

You'll also need a pair of sturdy black leather gloves, and a solid bracer for the right wrist. Studded black leather would be fine for this.

It's hard to tell from that picture, but Cloud's AC costume seems to include some sort of cape or sleeveles cloak. If this is the case, one could be made quite easily; but it'd be necessary to consult some other pictures in order to work this out.

Kami
09-08-2004, 12:48 AM
For the shirt, I dont think you'll need overalls. I've seen shirts like these in stores. Or, you could get a jacket similar to his and cut off the sleaves. The pants are probably one of the easier ones. Lost of punk store have those baggy pants with the strips of cloth hanging down. This is only ofcourse if you want to buy the things for the outfit.

Like BigD had said, the boots are leather, but i think you need to add zippers to it? I think that's what they are. Not so sure. Cloud's gloves remind me of those fancy white glove girls wear to the ball. XD