PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy vs. Dragon Warrior (Quest)?!?!?!

DJZen
09-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Sort of. Final Fantasy & Dragon Warrior in Itadaki Street Special is a new game from Squenix that looks like a party game featuring Cloud and Tifa from FFVII, Alena and Cristo from DW/DQ IV, and a couple characters from DQV which I never played. One character is named Bianca and the other's name is given in Kanji, which I can't read. Slime and Chocobo also show up, although I'm not sure if they're characters or cameos. The announced boards are a DQ castle (don't know which one. Could it be Tantagel?) and Midgar. I can't discern too many details from this because the page is in Japanese and I can't so much read it as I can slowly look up which characters form which words, and then look up the meanings of those words and then attempt to wrap my English and Spanish speaking mind around the completely different sentence style.

Anyway, this has already been announced on the EoFF main page, but no one seems to read the announcements there. Also, this is the first time we've had a DQ/DW and FF crossover! This could be a great precedent for Squenix as these games are by far the most significant titles in the history of RPGs. DQ/DW is the father of console RPGs, as it was the first ever to use its style of play. FF could be said to be the godfather of console RPGs, as it took DQ's style and elaborated on it (multiple party members, different jobs, multiple monsters in a fight, much wider selection of spells, items, weapon types and armor types, simplified control scheme with the same level of effectiveness....). The two companies have upped the ante ever since, and famed Japanese artists Yoshitaka Amano (Vampire Hunter D, Gatchaman AKA G-Force, The Sandman & illustration for Micheal Moorecock) and Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball, Dr. Slump, Chrono Trigger) have even made very big contributions to the two series.

So...... Can anyone else dig up more info on this game?

Strider
09-08-2004, 11:29 AM
From what I could gather researchin' that, it's more of a Monopoly type game than a Mario Party type. Just so you know.

DJZen
09-09-2004, 03:28 AM
Oh, ok. I saw the board and jumped to conclusions :) Hey, that might be kinda fun though...