PDA

View Full Version : WitchCraft

Ki Ki
09-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Today I was just lying on my couch and wondering what to do as I was clearly bored to death. Then I started chanting "Stiff as a board, Light as a feather", but I didn't float. Better yet, I fell asleep! n_n

So .... have any of you tried that sort of stuff before?

I only know one witchcraft sort of thing. That one where you and a few other people are suppose to sit in a circle or something and someone has to lie down in the center of the circle and everyone else will chant "Stiff as a board, Light as a feather", and then the person in the center would float, or something.

I've never tried it before except for today but I was just being lame.

My parents said when they were young little people they called a ghost before. Since they're both docters they called it outside the hospital they worked at, with a group of other docter friends. It freaks me out because they said a ghost came. See they put this chair in the center of a circle they had formed and then they called the ghost and the chair started moving!! OmG. Why am I freaking myself out here???

Ah. Ok. I'm gonna go cry now.

Discuss.

Misfit
09-08-2004, 01:02 PM
A loooooooooooong time ago when I was at a friend's party they did that "stiff as a board, light as a feather" thing to me 'cause I was the only one ... light enough. They formed a circle around me where one person rubs your temples and all the other people place just two fingers underneath you and you're supposed to turn really light (y'know, like a feather) and they can lift you with just the two fingers. Wheee, I touched the ceiling. ^_^

... I still think it's dumb, though. 8-)

Ki Ki
09-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Really? So it worked?

I always thought that thing was so fake.

Misfit
09-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Yeeeeeep, or else their fingers are strong. >:D!

Resha
09-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Um..you need a LOT of concentration for all that. The sitting in a circle thingy is when you 'cast' a circle I think...

I'm not sure, but I think it's called Wicca. :p

Ki Ki
09-08-2004, 01:06 PM
Wow. I have to try it sometime!!

There wasn't any side affects right? Like you start seeing dead people and stuff, was there?

Misfit
09-08-2004, 01:07 PM
lolololol No, I don't believe in dead people! ^______^

Ghosts ... I mean ghosts. ^_________________^

Resha
09-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Try an ouija board for that! :tongue:

Ki Ki
09-08-2004, 01:12 PM
ahaha. No thank you. n_n

Meat Puppet
09-08-2004, 01:13 PM
If she floats, we burn her.

Resha
09-08-2004, 01:17 PM
It's fun, really. Until you get possessed. Now that's just...fun. :D

Ki Ki
09-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Ok. Freaking me out here.

Speaking about being possesed.

You know those hypnotizing shows? I think it's all fake. I mean so what if a guy eats a whole onion and 'apparantly' thinks it's an apple. You could pay me 100 bucks to do THAT.

Silmaril
09-08-2004, 01:23 PM
My aunt told me a story about a how a woman (an amateyr psychic) lay on her bed and tried really hard to touch the ceiling, then she fell asleep. She woke up feeling really thirsty. She went to the kitchen for some water and the when she came back, she saw her own body on the bed.

Meat Puppet
09-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Those guys that get hypnotised are actors. It's their job to do what they do. If hypnotising is so real, how come that freaky guy never waves his hands on my face :mad2:

Polaris
09-08-2004, 01:26 PM
One day we were studying the halloween and some friends of mine were doing a job and they print smth about Bloody Marry (I think is just like this)... you havr to be in dark in a room in front of a mirror and say Bloody Marry 7 times and then she'd appear in behind your right arm... I did that and it didn't work...

Maybe I should start by Wingardium Leviosa...

Resha
09-08-2004, 01:27 PM
I would do it for a 100 bucks. I need more money! xP Apples, onions...same difference. :tongue: POSSESSED!

Ki Ki
09-08-2004, 01:32 PM
There was once this myth. In my old primary school.

It was like. If you were a girl and you wore pink underwear. Then you went to the bathroom alone and stood infront of the mirror and said "Pinky, Pinky" 7 times this serial killer or something would kill you and carve the word "Pinky, Pinky" on your face.

Scary ...

Polaris
09-08-2004, 01:34 PM
I would never do that! A serial killer... and I don't have pink underware so I can say that!!!!

Resha
09-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Lol, I never thought not having pink underwear would save me. But I think the serial killer who kills for pink underwear is a pervert. :p

Ki Ki
09-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Oh. I never had the guts to do that. Even though it's probably not true.

But I have pink underwear. Yup. I have pink boxers. n_n

Resha
09-08-2004, 01:50 PM
:eek:

Lol.

Logan
09-08-2004, 02:48 PM
If she floats, we burn her.
Poor Misfit. :(

Rusty
09-08-2004, 03:01 PM
The bloody mary thing is just like the candyman thing. Your supposed stand in a dark room in front of a mirror and say 'Candyman' 5 times.

TasteyPies
09-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Witchcraft only works if you invoke the power of satan.

Don't do that.

Misfit
09-08-2004, 03:19 PM

Don't do that.
It's all in your head.

Jebus
09-08-2004, 03:54 PM

Don't do that.

I honestly hope you're joking.

Anyway, one of my aunt's used to do stuff like that with her friends. I don't believe in it though.

Ki Ki
09-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Maybe if you're floating in mid-air you will. n_n Right? Riiight??

Jebus
09-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Possibly, but I may just chalk that up to being extremely high. :P

-edit- Ew. I think I just made a pun. >_<

Breine
09-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Although I'm really interested in this kind of stuff, I've only tried the Ouija board... (And it wasn't even a real board... it was a piece of paper!) :)

Ki Ki
09-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Did it work?

fire_of_avalon
09-08-2004, 04:47 PM
I've done Ouija board stuff before, but it got really boring so I started making it speak in a hick accent.

Witchcraft isn't invoking the powers of Satan. That's something the Puritans made up to scare you. Are you really gonna believe the Puritans?

Dr Unne
09-08-2004, 04:55 PM
There is no reason to believe that any such thing as magic exists. I'd have thought people would have given up the notion a thousands years ago. Magic is primitive man's attempt at an explanation of events unexplained due to ignorance of science.

Ki Ki
09-08-2004, 04:57 PM
But magic is real.

How did Misfit float on thin air then??

Dr Unne
09-08-2004, 05:28 PM
She didn't.

Misfit
09-08-2004, 06:11 PM
I didn't, there was lots of people just holding me up. >D

Psychotic
09-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Poor Misfit. :(

She deserves that and more! Like being made to listen to Hillary Duff. No wait, she'd probably like that :rolleyes2

The bloody mary thing is just like the candyman thing. Your supposed stand in a dark room in front of a mirror and say 'Candyman' 5 times.

But he died! Now you say "Helen" 5 times. I think?

ANYWAY, I was reading this program about....wait, reading a program? I could've just corrected that but I blame witchcraft. I was watching a program which revealed magic tricks. It's entirely possible to lift someone with two fingers (well, if there are four or so people) it's just that you have to motivate them into doing it by pretending to use magic.

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-08-2004, 06:53 PM
I think she's fulla crap.

Doomgaze
09-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

K-chan
09-08-2004, 08:54 PM
believe what you want, but I think all that floating stuff and all is a hoax.

:)

kikimm
09-09-2004, 12:16 AM
I don't believe in, or like that stuff at all, ESPECIALLY the oijuie (or however you spell that) board. It freaks me out. I could go into a whole thing about why, but then I'D freak YOU out.

I did that "light as a blah blah" thing when Iw as in 4th grade, I think, during a birthday party, but my mom came in and made us stop, because it's not right, and creepy....yes. So ever since them, that stuff freaks me out, and I don't want anything to do with it.

Great. I'm gonna have bad dreams now! *cries*

:D

SomethingBig
09-09-2004, 12:29 AM
I don't believe in magic, witchcraft, or whatever you want to call these silly tricks. The circle thing with the fingers is a simple trick, if enough people are involved. Some magicians, themselves, admit that magic is just a very cunning way of manipulating the laws of physics. The only place magic and sorcery exists is within TV world and one's imagination. Show me a witch that can create super potions, create dragons from straw, and/or can cause a person to levitate in an open field, and I'll jump into a pile of TV's. Heck, make that 5 piles of TV's.

EDIT: The thing with the "chanting", "Thin as *whatever it was*, light as a feather," is a simple psychological trick, if you will. If you think about or say one thing over and over in a certain position, you'll get sleepy.

Shlup
09-09-2004, 01:23 AM
I used to scare the crap outta people at slumber parties with all those games. It was like a hobby of mine. I loved it. Especially "Seven Doors." I remember once when I was like 15 I was at a slumber party and I was "in a trance" saying all this scary bull, and the log in the fireplace broke in half and sent sparks flying. Everyone screamed and the guy there was like "HOLY SH*T SHE DIDN'T EVEN MOVE! WAKE HER UP!"

And another time (I believe Ashley was at this one; Beast's slumber party) we played with the Ouji board and I was totally controlling it. At one point one of the girls flung the marker across the tent.

Haha, it was so cool.

Other than that, I studies Wicca and all that stuff for awhile. Didn't all teenagers? I'd like to think I was more level-headed about it though. I found it really interesting and worthwhile, not all "cool" and "dark." I cast a couple of spells that to this day I swear worked.

Ki Ki
09-09-2004, 01:40 AM
Ok. So maybe magic isn't real.

But calling ghosts is!

Has anyone ever seen a ghost??

Shlup
09-09-2004, 02:17 AM
Ok. So maybe magic isn't real.

But calling ghosts is!

Has anyone ever seen a ghost??
No, but I believe I've been in the presence of ghosts. I hate saying it 'cause it sounds stupid, but I don't think it's a big deal.

StarlightAngel
09-11-2004, 03:34 AM
I think I saw a ghost when I was waiting for my part during a play. I was creeped out. :(

Meat Puppet
09-11-2004, 04:07 AM
Yeah, I see ghosts all the time. Well, people who are there and are not actually really there. I don't know if they're ghosts or not.

SomethingBig
09-11-2004, 04:15 AM
I see ghosts while I am unconscious. Sometimes I remember seeing them, but, usually, I don't. Sometimes, these ghosts make it seem better to be unconscious than to be conscious. After seeing these seemingly tranquil ghosts, they bare their sharp fangs and haunt you, even in broad daylight. In fact, they prefer to haunt you while you're wide awake. You think, "They should leave me alone, soon," but you're wrong. The more you want them to go away, the longer they stay. Only a spiritual web can imprison these ghosts and lock them away forever. These are the real ghosts.

StarlightAngel
09-11-2004, 04:45 AM
The one that I saw isn't following me and haunting me...

nik0tine
09-11-2004, 05:56 AM
I don't know much about it, but i hear if you stand in a dark room, in front of a mirror and say "Uncle Larry" 6 times you will conjur up one ass beatin' doctor pepper drinkin' white trash demon.

StarlightAngel
09-11-2004, 05:59 AM
Har har. :rolleyes2

Resha
09-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Hmm...now what makes you people think all ghosts are evil?? I could be a ghost, and I'm pretty nice, aren't I? :tongue:

I BELIEVE in witchcraft. Why not!? Just not "Hocus pocus" or "Abracadabra". Now, Ouija boards I won't try....o.O I don't want to be posessed by an evil spirit which doesn't wanna be trapped in death. :cry:

Now that 'Pinky pinky' thing...I'm sure it was a VERY scary thing wasn't it? xP

Nait
09-11-2004, 03:44 PM
I'd rather use native Finnish <i>tietäjä</i> magic, thank you very much. Y'know, there's just something about that kalevala-metre of poetry required... <i>Haon alta halTIANI, nouse luontoni loVESTA, syntyni saven seASTA, sieluni seulo syvästä, karvan kurjan katkomaan, poski paljaaks puurtamaan, parta paljaaks puhtomaan, kasvo kauniiks kelpomaan, ettei tarvi miun ajaa, ajaa naamaa heikkoa, arkaa, itse runtelemaan rauall, vaskell verta vuodattamaan!</i>