PDA

View Full Version : Lenne and Belgemine's voices

Foo-N-Tifa4eva
09-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Lenne has the same voice as Belgamine from FFX? Lenne and Belgamine were both summoners and Belgamine was an unsent. Could Lenne and Belgamine be the same 'spirit'?

arcdragon9
09-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Belgamine was a summoner who failed to beat sin. I Wonder what happened to her garudians. Lenne, was a summoneer, but was pre-sin. Then there's the looks, which has no resemblence. So, I'm pretty sure that's a no. And I don't think they have the same voice. If you really wanna check, veiw the credits extremely close. I doubt it, but hey, maybe they did cast the same person to do the voices. So, sorry to burst your bubble.

SeeDRankLou
09-08-2004, 08:58 PM
I think you're right, it's the same voice actor doing both Belgemine's and Lenne's voice. Slightly different voice, but same voice actor. I think that this game is suppose to imply that Lenne and Yuna are the same "spirit." Their lives mirror each others' so greatly, it's like the path that Lenne walked was destined to be the path that Yuna walked. The same with Shuyin and Tidus. Tidus is not suppose to actually be Shuyin's representation in the dream Zanarkand, but I think they share the same spirit, even though Tidus isn't real.

Foo-N-Tifa4eva
09-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Just googled it. Yup Belgamine and Lenne were the same actress, she also played Calli's voice. Iono I just felt weird listening to Lenne speak, as soon as I heard her speak I immediately noticed the rough voice and knew it was also Belgamine's. Square shoulda picked a different voice actress.

Big D
09-09-2004, 08:26 AM
There's a lot of doubling-up of voice actors in X-2. Most of the children are played by two actresses; if I remember right, Bahamut and Shinra have the same actress. Trema and Brother are both voiced by the same talented individual.

Just for the sake of interest... Matt McKenzie, Auron's actor, played one the of the Agents in The Animatrix; O'aka is voiced by Dwight Schultz, known for his work as Murdock in The A-Team and as neurotic space engineer Reg Barclay. A lot of those actors and actresses have interesting work histories...