PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 2

Maxico
09-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Ok, I understand that many of you will probably hate the sims. After all it raises such questions as "how many guns are actualy available" and "where exactly do the fleash eating, ragdoll zombies fit in" but those who have persevered have normaly enjoyed them selves. Anyhoo, what do you think of the sequal coming out in a week or two?

Thoughts? Comments?

Amnesia Case
09-08-2004, 06:56 PM
I can't wait, I loved the first Sims. I dont know much about this one tho'.

Cz
09-08-2004, 07:11 PM
I usually have doubts about any game with so much hype, but I can't say that I'm put off by anything that the Sims 2 has to offer. It's not a lazy sequel, but a true evolution of the series.

Barring any major gameplay faults, it'll be an absolute classic.

Psychotic
09-08-2004, 07:46 PM
I wonder if they'll have an Expansion pack out before Christmas...

Levian
09-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Just one expansion pack? :freak:

Cz
09-08-2004, 07:54 PM
This one seems to have a greater range of features initially installed. We've already seen shots of a downtown area, and the range of items is already huge.

Plus, did anybody really like Makin' Magic?

Maxico
09-08-2004, 08:03 PM
I dunno. I stopped buying when they made superstar. Well partly because I beleived that the sims 2 was going to come out soon.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :wipes eyes:

yeah.

Levian
09-08-2004, 08:04 PM
I only bought Hot Date. ;);););););)

Meat Puppet
09-09-2004, 11:56 AM
I used to play this and was heavily addicted to it's online ... game. Then I realised I had a real life, and hurried back to that.

Mo-Nercy
09-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Soon there's gonna be a whole aisle in the store devoted to the expansions and sequels to The Sims.

Rusty
09-09-2004, 03:14 PM
I have the first sims and all expansion packs, I was addicted to it for like a year. But now its gone dead. So I ain't to worried about the sequel..

BatChao
09-10-2004, 10:09 PM
The sequel is gonna be SO rockin'. All that new crazy DNA stuff they're adding in is so kewlies!

Rye
09-25-2004, 01:43 PM
I really want it, but as that game's system requirement's are insane and my computer is old, I can't get it. :/ I had The Sims and Expansion packs Hot Date, House Party, and Vacation. Hot Date and House Party were good, but Vacation was stupid.

Cz
09-25-2004, 06:23 PM
I've had the game for about a week now, and for some reason it doesn't quite have the same appeal as the original.

It's rather difficult to explain, as on paper everything seems perfect. In reality, however, I found myself becoming quite bored after extensive play. The worst part is that there's no logical reason for it, the game just doesn't seem as fun as its predecessor.

Has anyone else found this to be true?

Shoyku
09-25-2004, 07:03 PM
I hated the original Sims, but I love Sims 2. The customizability in the facial features and other body details is what appeals me. Full 3D is also ncie. The whole new "Aspiration Points" system that they implemented make the game seems a whole lot more deep than just having your Sim make it by day to day.

I've had the game for a bit, now, and while it may not have as many items or as many possibilities as the original included with all the expansions, all the user-made items and such will hopefully close that barrier; although I don't mind that much.

Endless
09-30-2004, 09:37 PM
I made this family, which I'm trying to take care of:
http://lopez.famille.free.fr/lammy.jpg