PDA

View Full Version : doom gaze

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
09-09-2004, 12:31 AM
Where is this guy i beat phnubaba but i cant find deathgaze were is he? oh yeah and where is alexander?

Necronopticous
09-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Doom Gaze is a random encounter in the World of Ruin, you encounter him while flying around on your airship, sometimes he can be a REALLY rare encounter, just keep flying around all over and eventually you'll run into him, after a certain amount of damage he will escape but he will never heal the HP you take from him each time you fight him, so just keep dealing the damage and with enough encounters he'll go down.

The Alexander esper is found after you complete the World of Ruin Cyan side quest in Doma Castle. (Sleep there with Cyan in your party and complete the event) Once the event is over, go to the throne room of the castle and Alexander will be on the throne.

Hope this helps, good luck!

TheAbominatrix
09-09-2004, 01:46 AM
And whatever you do, do NOT use the vanish doom combo on Doomgaze. Beat him through normal means (regular spells and attacks) or you will not get the magicite from him at the end.

Necronopticous
09-09-2004, 03:23 AM
ACTUALLY you can beat him with vanish/doom. You'll get Bahamut just fine, whatever you don't do don't vanish/x-zone him! THEN you won't get it. But you shouldn't vanish/doom him anyway, be legit about this! Hahaha I'm just kidding I don't care.

Doomgaze
09-09-2004, 05:06 AM
Interesting note: People at forums I go to tend to forget to put the space in "Doom Gaze."

He's really fond of using Lv. 5 Doom, as I recall, so watch out for that. And he's weak against Hol...erm, Pearl.