PDA

View Full Version : starting skewl

Lon611
09-09-2004, 04:05 AM
i kno its kinda late, but every1 in lausd (los angeles
for those of you elsewhere in the world) is starting skewl 2morow. so wat id like 2 kno from every1 is if they're ready?or, for those of you have already started, how was it, and talk abuot your experiences :D :D :D

kikimm
09-09-2004, 04:08 AM
I started a week ago today. Honestly, it was a hell of a lot better than I thought it would be. I have friends in almost all of my classes (except math), I joined german club to see other friends...it hasn't been that long, but school's going good, so far. I've also been doing my homework on time.....or actually DOING it. :p The only bad thing is it's freakin` HOT over here, and my last two classes don't have air conditioning.

Other than that, it's cool. I can deal with this.

:D

Jebus
09-09-2004, 04:09 AM
I started three weeks ago, and I'm already blowing off all my assignments. :/

Lon611
09-09-2004, 04:11 AM
im scared i wont have enough time to relax and breathe. im gonna take the some of the hardest classes known at my skewl this yr, plus among social drama and stress from life. iuno, il find out how it goes when i go in about 10 hours

Erdrick Holmes
09-09-2004, 04:14 AM
I graduated. I have all of the time in the world. I'm currently working on a novel to p[ass the time.

Calliope
09-09-2004, 04:23 AM
Dear God, I hope they teach you how to spell correctly.

I suppose your spelling is akin to my use of grammar though, so nevermind.

:hat:

Del Murder
09-09-2004, 04:32 AM
Ah, September. The time of year for a million school threads. :D

I'm done with school, forever probably.

Lon611
09-09-2004, 04:36 AM

I suppose your spelling is akin to my use of grammar though, so nevermind.

:hat:

u mean u wan me 2 spel lyk dis?okidoki, but iuno if ne1 can undastan wth im sayn...no im jk. i can spell well thank you very much :D i just choose not to :p

omg, sum1 told me dat bball practice already started, but i didn't go cuz my coach didn't tell me!!!AAAHHHH!!!!!!! :eek:

Kirobaito
09-09-2004, 04:37 AM
I started a long time ago. The south and midwest always has school earlier than everyone else, and I don't know why.

Here are my classes:

01 - Honors Marching Band
Pssh. Band sucks.
02 - Honors Spanish III
I have a 97 in there. I don't get it. I don't have the slightest clue in hell what I'm doing.
03 - AP Calculus
Mr. Gossman is funny. He transferred here from Dunbar High, and about 8 students followed him. They worship him like I worship Snizz.
04 - AP European History
I like this class. Mr. Langvardt is funny. And uber-smart
05 - AP English IV
I don't like this class. We're reading <i>The Scarlet Letter</i>.
06 - AP English V
I like this class, though. Same teacher as IV. We're reading <i>Brave New World</i>.
07 - FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Yeah. School sucks.

Lon611
09-09-2004, 04:41 AM
ur taking ap calculus too?how is it?nething i shud be warned about?

Kirobaito
09-09-2004, 04:43 AM
Uh...we spent the first three weeks of the year just reviewing Pre-Cal, which I think is called Trig in every other place. On Tuesday and today we did limits of graphs.

What is the limit of f(x)=(x^3-1)/(x-1)

x cannot = 1, obviously.

Drawing the graph reveals that from either direction, x will approach 3 without ever touching it.

So....

lim x -> 1 [f(x)=(x^3-1)/(x-1)]=3

Pretty much. I'm not sure that made any sense.

Lon611
09-09-2004, 04:46 AM
well, it prolly did, but i haven't had an hour of ap calc yet, so i don't kno. il figure out wat u said in a couple weeks, lol.

EDIT:2 every1 dat hates my typing, im changing my ways from now till june so enjoy it while it las, lol :p

Silmaril
09-09-2004, 03:49 PM
My school been open for a month and I'm kinda over the shok. I have to say it's slightly nicer than last year. This is my last year of school.

Psychotic
09-10-2004, 07:47 PM
I skipped two important tutorial periods. Why? 'Cause those jerks scheduled it for when I have free periods. When I was told off for this today "You were the only person who didn't attend either!" I responded "Yes, but I'm a non-conformist. I'm fighting society". And I just got a funny look out of it. I'm so proud :)

White Raven
09-10-2004, 08:41 PM
I started my second year at the University of Toronto yesterday, and my courses are:
- 2nd year Chemistry
- 2nd year Biology
- 2nd year Calculus
- 1st year Environment

Denmark
09-10-2004, 11:04 PM
I skipped two important tutorial periods. Why? 'Cause those jerks scheduled it for when I have free periods. When I was told off for this today "You were the only person who didn't attend either!" I responded "Yes, but I'm a non-conformist. I'm fighting society". And I just got a funny look out of it. I'm so proud :)

those jerks.

I started on Wednesday. Some of my classes are alright, like...um...okay, I guess none of my classes are alright. ;D My math <i>class</i> is cool, but the homework is sux. Although it's probably the easiest homework I'll have to do. And my Chem class is also good. The day goes downhill from there. Actually, it kinda goes downhill after Band.

nik0tine
09-11-2004, 06:38 AM
I started a long time ago, and it pretty much sucks as i have even less friends this year than last, which was practically none. Almost all of my teachers are pretty cool, and it's public school so it's really easy. Of all my classes, though, my AP music theory class is by far the greatest class that i have ever taken. The teacher is great and i love the subject. Other than that school is pretty much a waste of my time. The standards are so low it's almost impossible to benefeit from it.

Shlup
09-11-2004, 06:49 AM
That's LA for you. But they have baby turtles there for $5! Yay!

I don't start school until September 23rd, and I'm only taking three classes so I'm not too worried. One is geology though. *gag*

Casey
09-11-2004, 07:41 AM
Well I hate it. I just want to get through this year, and the next, then onto college. It's alright, its just I dont have many classes with my friends, just mostly with Seniors and Sophomores.... Its alright though, I got

S1 Eng-Mythology
S1 English-American Lit I
S1 Weight TRNG/COND
YR Aeronautics
YR Carnegie Algebra (1yr)
YR VIS COMM/PHOTO

for first semester. I'm doing good so far 3rd day. :p

Kirobaito
09-11-2004, 07:45 PM
those jerks.

I started on Wednesday. Some of my classes are alright, like...um...okay, I guess none of my classes are alright. ;D My math <i>class</i> is cool, but the homework is sux. Although it's probably the easiest homework I'll have to do. And my Chem class is also good. The day goes downhill from there. Actually, it kinda goes downhill after Band.
Wait...you're telling me it goes downhill <i>after</i> band? My day goes downhill before band.

Band=sux.

Denmark
09-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Band = <3

and after Band I have English and Government, whereas before it I have Math and Chemistry.

Kirobaito
09-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Wait, you have band in the middle of the day? How does that work?

Or does your school not march?

Denmark
09-11-2004, 08:20 PM
we march, but only in the spring. As it is cold here during the fall and winter and we have no football team to march for.

escobert
09-12-2004, 03:05 AM
Started about two weeks ago. I have 4 classes. (I'm in uni)

Kirobaito
09-12-2004, 03:15 AM
No, you have four classes in COLLEGE.

escobert
09-12-2004, 03:16 AM
But I go to Plymouth State UNIVERSITY

Logan
09-12-2004, 05:46 AM
I started the 18th. I think this year will be fun, because I have only one hard class (US History AP), and the rest are crazy easy. Take my American Literature class. The other day, our lesson was on what a verb was. (If I didn't know what a verb was, how would I have made it this far in school?) Then we had a worksheet on choosing the correct verbs, and if we finished it, we got extra credit. We could also work in groups. And when we finished, we could "take a nap." :love: (I'm in 11th grade :D)

Lon611
09-12-2004, 05:59 AM
rofl, i wish my classes were that easy

i have:

physiology
honors american literature
ap calculus ab
ap us history
spanish 3
architectural drafting, even tho im supposta be in 6th period basketball (cuz im on the team)....im so stressed if the classes get switched or not becuz practice starts monday!!!

EDIT:i too am in 11th grade, but i don't think this years gonna be very fun. it already feels different and i doubt i will get accustomed to sleeping much :mad:

kikimm
09-12-2004, 06:47 AM
For me, everything's easy but math. I hate it with a passion. So it's hard not only because I'm not blessed in that field, but also because I'm lazy when it comes to that particular subject. My teacher's also the Russian teacher, so I can barely understand her. :thumb:

Everything else is boring, but I can get through it. Except German. I love German. :love:

:D