PDA

View Full Version : The ups and Downs of Tattoos.

Erdrick Holmes
09-09-2004, 05:32 AM
Tattoos can offer man positive and negitive features. Maybe you're wondering whether you want a tattoo or not. I can't explain the ups and downs well but I'm sure that these two can. (http://files.redvsblue.com/S1_public/RvB_PSA3_LoRes.mov)

Giga Guess
09-09-2004, 05:53 AM
Positives: Can give a boost to one's self esteem.
Self-confidence (However, if you don't have some of the last two, I would advise against a tottoo, as you will be doing it for the wrong reasons, and WILL regret it)
Best when unique.
When done well, they are specTACular.

Negatives: They're permanent...
They ARE admittedly, a little overdone
Changing your mind afterwards isn't really an option, unless you're changing the pattern.
Not for the squeamish. You will bleed (We're not talking geysers here, but blood is present), and the really are needles. So deal with it, or leave.
Put the tat in the wrong place, and the application can be excruciating.

All in all, the negatives can be waylayed or bypassed altogether, but all in all, tattoos are NOT for the indecisive. Stick with henna or magic markers.

Leeza
09-09-2004, 07:40 AM
That was good. :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-09-2004, 07:46 AM
I think we were made without pictures on us for a reason.

Big D
09-09-2004, 08:09 AM
As we get older, our skin wrinkles. Thus, any pictures on our skin will become wrinkled too.
Something to think about before getting fine art inscribed into your very skin. Or your not very skin, too.

Calliope
09-09-2004, 08:26 AM
Infections, fading, being that guy who wanted a Misty tatt...

Oh, and doing things like asking for something you think is really clever tattooed on you in, for example, kanji, and the tattooist putting the Japanese for "kick me" on you instead <3

And not being able to work in certain fields because you've had your hands or face or somethingorother tattoed.

Big D
09-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Infections, fading, being that guy who wanted a Misty tatt...EoFF played an important role in his decision not to go through with it. We can be proud:strut:

Oh, and doing things like asking for something you think is really clever tattooed on you in, for example, kanji, and the tattooist putting the Japanese for "kick me" on you instead <3Haha, like that episode of Jonathon Creek where Adam Klauss is strutting around in the silk kimono his ex-girlfriend bought for him in Japan, when the journalist who's interviewing him reveals that the large text down the front of his robe says "I have a small penis" in Japanese.

Giga Guess
09-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Which is exactly why I did my own homework. Something I'd greatly suggest to anyone who decides to get one. If after a year or so you cannot decide on at least a basic design, I'd suggest against getting one.

Silmaril
09-09-2004, 03:39 PM
I've always wanted a small tiny one on my arm not something too much.

Carnival
09-09-2004, 03:52 PM
I have a small one on the top of my back which I designed myself, and when you get older you don't really wear revealing clothes so no-one will see it. And mine is unique. :D

But I knew this girl who had 'love hate' written on her knuckles (oh god why??) Can you imagine going to pick up your pension with that? lol